Largest Cities in North America
Mexico City (Mexico): 8,854,600.
New York City (US): 8,550,405.
Los Angeles (US): 3,971,883.
Toronto (Canada): 2,826,498.
Chicago (US): 2,720,546.
Houston (US): 2,296,224.
Havana (Cuba): 2,117,625.
Ecatepec de Morelos (Mexico): 1,760,705.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/continents/north-america-population/
Population of the Chicago Metropolitan Area. Today, Chicago the city makes up only just over a quarter of the wider Chicago-Joilet-Naperville Metropolitan Area's population. According to data from the 2010 census, the CJN Metro Area is home to an impressive 9,504,753 people.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
According to the 2016 census, the Greater Toronto Area has a population of 6,417,516.

GTA is only 3.1 Million less than Metro Chicago Area but who is counting?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
According to the 2016 census, the Greater Toronto Area has a population of 6,417,516.

GTA is only 3.1 Million less than Metro Chicago Area but who is counting?

I guess It all depends on where you want to draw the line. Things are evidently changing in leaps and bounds. When I was in school Montreal was the largest city in Canada by a wide margin. In the U.S. Detroit was about 5th after Pha. and L.A. Baltimore, Cleveland and St. Louis were huge cities.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I guess It all depends on where you want to draw the line. Things are evidently changing in leaps and bounds. When I was in school Montreal was the largest city in Canada by a wide margin. In the U.S. Detroit was about 5th after Pha. and L.A. Baltimore, Cleveland and St. Louis were huge cities.
The action has moved south. Spend a week or two touring Texas. That's where the action moved to ... never to move back North.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Draw it according to unemployment and see if they body count rises and falls at the same time. Slums are prime targets for the elite to fuk with and they have a long list of ways they can do that. Money being slightly less powerful than food and hungry people will kill faster than somebody will over a material possession.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Low unemployment = more crime, that is not what I expected.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada's little America..
Actually, the most "American" part of Canada culturally and politically is Alberta ... by a long shot. The differences between Southern Ontario and Upstate New York just to our south are pretty profound, in many ways. If the Canada/US border between Alberta and Montana disappeared, you'd be pretty hard pressed to see where the boundary was.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yup. Clearly, the largest city in the world is Big Cabin, Oklahoma. The BCMA (Big Cabin Metropolitan Area), which includes all of North America, has a population of approximately 430,000,000

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually, the most "American" part of Canada culturally and politically is Alberta ... by a long shot. The differences between Southern Ontario and Upstate New York just to our south are pretty profound, in many ways. If the Canada/US border between Alberta and Montana disappeared, you'd be pretty hard pressed to see where the boundary was.

Yep, Canada could be enhanced a lot if more of it's citizens were like Albertans. No wilting violets there when it comes to working in 30 below C weather!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes, cuz legal guns keep us safe from the gubmint. Just ask any victims of genocide if they would have been better off to have had guns to protect themselves from their gubmint.

You mean that same gubmint that you want to give the right to kill you?