2018 CFL Season

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Evans with another catch and we are moving the ball folks...........until - Zach's pass is tipped - Al's Muamba nabs the catch and just like that.........it's Montreal's ball......that one wasn't on Zach

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well..............that's definitely the Johnny Maziel the Al's were hoping to see........damn, damn, damn.........no, no, no ..........he did not cross the goal-line on the 2-point convert attempt......flag on the field..........they don't get the convert but #3 for the Riders is tagged for OC.......and Sask dinged 15 yards for no good reason.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
My heart near stopped when that ball was bobbled.............we have to start making some gains on 1rst Ds

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Interference call on the Al's gives us the D............Moore again getting us the D...........Shaw holds on for about 8.........8 it is...........Tre' with the D and we are in Al's territory..........Marcus with close to 5......make that 4........2nd and 6 and Marcus drops the ball.........Brett will be out for the FG attempt............good from the 23 and we add 3 to our lead.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Moncrief with the tackle......gain of 2 for the Al's ...............and Manziel's pass to Lewis is .....incomplete.....YES

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Good return aided by a no yards call against the Al's and we've got good field position ........3 minute warning come and gone..........Tre' gets 5...........Bailey with the 1rst D catch and the clock keeps ticking away........Tre' gets 3............2nd and 7..........Moore goes down after giving us another 1rst and 10 - and keeping the clock running.............we're in FG range now..........nowhere for Tre' to go that time......2nd and 10 with :58 left on the clock...............Marcus carries 4 defenders on his way to gaining 9 yards..........3 and 1.........Chris lets the clock tick down to :31 and calls a time-out.............Marshall comes out on short-yardage...........refs signal the D.............and we can put this one in the books, folks............now I can work on getting my heart beat back to normal.

34 - 29 RIDERS!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I do believe this is the first time this year that I will first congratulate the offense - best game all season guys. Zach - best performance all year. Defense - a few slips here and there - and really stupid penalties but you got the job done ....special teams likewise and kudos for good returns .............coaches - well done.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Roughriders control their own destiny in quest for home playoff contest

The Saskatchewan Roughriders haven't hosted a home playoff game since 2013, but they are firmly in control of changing that.
The Riders earned a 34-29 home win Sunday over the Montreal Alouettes. That left Saskatchewan (9-5) second in the West Division standings, four points behind first-place Calgary (11-2) but four points ahead of both Edmonton (7-7) and Winnipeg (7-7).
What's more, Saskatchewan's four remaining regular-season games are within the West Division, playing each squad once down the stretch. That begins Monday with hosting Edmonton, which lost 30-3 at home Saturday night to Winnipeg.
The Riders' last home playoff game was a memorable one. They defeated Calgary 35-13 in the West Division final before dispatching the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 45-23 in the Grey Cup game, which was also in Regina.
Saskatchewan finds itself on a nice roll, having won six of its last seven games since quarterback Zach Collaros's return under centre. On Sunday, Collaros threw for 394 yards with a TD and interception.
The 300-yard performance was Collaros's first this season.
"I could care less about 300-yard games," Collaros said. "The arbitrary number of 300 means absolutely nothing.
"I just want to win games."
Saskatchewan acquired Collaros from Hamilton prior to the '18 season and signed him to a restructured, one-year deal. Collaros had lost his final 12 starts with the Ticats — one short of the league record — but ended that dubious stretch by leading the Riders to a season-opening 27-19 win over Toronto on June 15.
Edmonton and Saskatchewan have met already this season, the Eskimos taking a 26-19 decision Aug. 2 at Commonwealth Stadium.
"All you've got to do is look at the standings and see how important it is," Chris Jones, the Riders head coach/GM, said of Monday's showdown with Edmonton. "Our goal is to win the Grey Cup and host a playoff game, that's what good teams do.
"If we start looking too far in the future that's the worst thing you can do. You just have to take them one at a time and show up to every one of these games and have fun preparing for them while you're there."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Rumour has it 2020 Grey Cup will be in Regina.

Sounds good to me as a Riders shareholder.

I stand by opinion that Mosaic Stadium still isn't big enough. We'd still sell out nearly every home game if they had built 40,000 seat full bowl stadium instead of just 33,000 and a horseshoe design.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Rumour has it 2020 Grey Cup will be in Regina.

Sounds good to me as a Riders shareholder.

I stand by opinion that Mosaic Stadium still isn't big enough. We'd still sell out nearly every home game if they had built 40,000 seat full bowl stadium instead of just 33,000 and a horseshoe design.

Well if that rumor turns out to be true, pete...............you and I will finally get a chance to meet face to face 'cause there is no way I will miss the chance to be there.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Bombers in Ottawa right now. Bombers struck first but only managed a FG. RBs followed with a TD and 2-point convert. Lots of great action on the field today - both teams are playing good ball. Score early in the 2nd Q: 11 - 10 RBs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
3-minute warning given..........Bombers have put another 6 points on the board and lead by 5 with just over 2 minutes left in the half.