Man Who Urinated on Alamo Could Face Felony

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

All the myriad lies and stupidity emanating from that shabby little fort are not worth arguing about. A few interesting men, Crockett, Travis, Bowie, to name just three died there if we can believe anything that comes out of there. Seems to me Huston made them all colonels. If you don't like a particular Alamo history, make up your own. Most everybody else did.

Nobody made up the Texians.

They were residents of the Republic of Texas.

Cliffy
Perhaps I don't know enough or care enough to have dug into the subject beyond the movies I have seen over the years, but I make it a policy not to engage in discussion with people who call others idiots.

gerryh
+2
Lt. Col. William B. Travis regular forces
Bowie was just a volunteer colonel.
Crocket held no commission.

here's another link for your education juan.

Battle of the Alamo, San Antonio, Texas (external - login to view)

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Perhaps I don't know enough or care enough to have dug into the subject beyond the movies I have seen over the years, but I make it a policy not to engage in discussion with people who call others idiots.

What else do you call people so wrapped up in hate, they aren't even capable of acknowledging the errors in the misconceptions they use to demonize a country?

Geezus, Gh is one of the quintessential anti American members, and even he acknowledges the Alamo was defended by Texians, in the Republic of Texas.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Truth hurts I guess. What other descriptor would you use for someone that comments on something that they know nothing about as if they did?

L Gilbert
+2
Sometimes calling someone an idiot isn't an insult. Sometimes it's just an observation.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

What other descriptor would you use for someone that comments on something that they know nothing about as if they did?

Dumpster? PoliticalNick?

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

All the myriad lies and stupidity emanating from that shabby little fort are not worth arguing about. A few interesting men, Crockett, Travis, Bowie, to name just three died there if we can believe anything that comes out of there. Seems to me Huston made them all colonels. If you don't like a particular Alamo history, make up your own. Most everybody else did.

It wasn't even a fort. It was a Catholic Mission.

Houston made them all Colonels huh? Now who is making up history? Any other neat facts on the Battle of the Alamo you'd like to share with us?

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Unreal.The appropriate thing to do, IMO, would be to nail him for the misdemeanors and fine him a few grand to pay for the "repairs" and court costs with a little bit of extra for interest. It ain't like he blew of Washington's nose with a cannon in Keystone, SD.

Which is pretty much what is going to happen. He will plead guilty to the lesser charges and be fined. Of course these fines are almost impossible to collect.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Geezus, Gh is one of the quintessential anti American members, and even he acknowledges the Alamo was defended by Texians, in the Republic of Texas.

True that! Now Gerry and I are defending the Alamo side by side!

petros
The pissed dried up days ago and so should have this thread.

Locutus
+1

However, if some pee boss has taken the time to think the plan through, I might be able to overlook the infraction.

MHz
Chain him to the foot of that big statue and let the general public piss on him for a day (with no charges)

They used to play Alamo type of music in Sweet Grass when 1500 drunken Canadians would descend on the town of 25 every Sunday (before the bars were open on Sunday in Alberta)

The Alamo Music By MARTY ROBBINS - YouTube

B00Mer
I think this guy pissing on the Alamo is just as reprehensible as someone taking a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey shirt, throwing it on the ground and pissing on it.

...or maybe not so much...

Last edited by B00Mer; Apr 17th, 2012 at 08:11 PM..

MHz
+1
A cowboy would only do that if the jersey still had a body in it.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

True that! Now Gerry and I are defending the Alamo side by side!

I didn't see any signs of the impending apocalypse, but I sure am worried about the temps in hell.