NDP MP Pat Martin offers thorough, absolute apology to RackNine

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No not at all. He has done some things - more needs to be done - Blame all parties - Libs - Cons for this mess with First Nations and yes many First Nations Leaders as well - Dippers do not count.

No, the Dippers do not count.

And they're also looking pretty hungry.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Looking hungry isn't uncommon among University kids... The Dippers having that look in their eye is probably due to that.

It's okay caps. We can wash it all down on new years with some fireball and seven up.

I call it "fired up".

You like what I did there. ooh yeeeaaa

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
:lol:

Videogames
Hot chicks
Politics

Anything else, I don't really give a crap.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Just reported on CBC Nat News that they are proceeding with their suit.
AWESOME!!!

There is no law case.. he won't win shyte.
So you keep saying. I'd love see why you keep saying that.

Well you can cause a little fiscal strife for a corporation and even apologize for it and all hell breaks loose.
That's a very different tune to the one you were singing when Jack and company were threatening to sue the Sun.

I knew you were only paying lip service to Racknines suit.

The threat of a lawsuit often does that
Not in this case, the Dippers are the only sincere political party.

Don't you read Fuzzy`s cut & pases?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So you keep saying. I'd love see why you keep saying that.

New Democrat MP Pat Martin, stated that RackNine was involved with the RoboCall scandal..

True, they were. The phone calls went through their phone system.

Pat Martin call them RackNine Rascals.. seriously, this is offensive?? You little Rascal CNDBear (don't sue me now) lol

So where is the lawsuit.. just by the fact that they claim on their web site they are providing "Web Hosting in Alberta" they are liars, they are resellers of hosting for Godaddy.com out of Arizona.

This is a $179/year reseller account.. certainly not worth 5 million dollars in lost revenue.

He bought a few servers.. took photos, o.k. and expense of many $10,000.. for the 5 servers..

I would like Meier to prove the lose of 5 million dollars in revenue..

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
New Democrat MP Pat Martin, stated that RackNine was involved with the RoboCall scandal..

Pat Martin call them RackNine Rascals.. seriously, this is offensive?? You little Rascal CNDBear (don't sue me now) lol

So where is the lawsuit.. just by the fact that they claim on their web site they are providing "Web Hosting in Alberta" they are liars, they are resellers of hosting for Godaddy.com out of Arizona.

This is a $179/year reseller account.. certainly not worth 5 million dollars in lost revenue.

He bought a few servers.. took photos, o.k. and expense of many $10,000.. for the 5 servers..

Ottawa Notebook - The Globe and Mail
Tad more than callng them Rascals i would say.

I apologize for any damage my statements may have caused to [RackNine president Matt Meier] personally or to RackNine Inc.,” he said.

On Feb. 23, Mr. Martin held a news conference where he blasted the company, comparing it to Groupaction Marketing Inc., whose president was convicted of fraud in relation to the Liberal sponsorship scandal in Quebec.
“I predict that RackNine will become the Conservative Party’s Groupaction, and I predict that we will find that the sheer magnitude and audacity of the ‘RackNine rascals’ will be enough to make Richard Nixon blush,” Mr. Martin said at the time.
On Monday, he specifically apologized for those remarks. As well, he said he had been authorized by the NDP for apologize on its behalf for similar remarks posted on the party website.

Mr. Martin said he now knows his statements insinuating RackNine participated “in an electoral fraud conspiracy were wholly and unequivocally false.”

“In my rush to express my personal outrage and the outrage of the New Democratic Party caucus, I jumped to conclusions I now know were unsupported by fact,” he said.

Elections Canada has been on the hunt for the person behind the robo-calls, who used a disposable cellphone registered to an alias to setup an account with RackNine. As of last month, there were 800 specific complaints from 200 ridings in 10 provinces and one territory regarding alleged fraud in last year’s federal election.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Well you can cause a little fiscal strife for a corporation and even apologize for it and all hell breaks loose. But if you cheat Canadians out of $10 billion dollars in order to steal an election, it's not any cause for concern.

At least this guy helped merge the two Conservative parties and gave more opportunities to the muzzle makers.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
With the exception of Ontario, the NDP actually have a pretty good record. Better than the Liberals and Conservatives even.
--

NDP MP's apology fails to head off defamation lawsuit by auto-call firm

Outspoken New Democrat MP Pat Martin gave an unequivocal apology to RackNine Inc., and its CEO Matt Meier Monday, but the mea culpa comes too late to halt a $5-million defamation lawsuit launched against him.

"I wrongfully accused them of being part of conspiracy to commit electoral fraud," Martin told reporters. "I now know that the statements I made insinuating Mr. Meier and RackNine's participation in an electoral fraud conspiracy were wholly and unequivocally false."

But Justin Matthews, a lawyer for Meier and RackNine, said the apology comes too late to stop his client's lawsuit. Severe reputational damage was done by Martin, Matthews said, and the issue will be resolved in court.

"This doesn't resolve the lawsuit," Matthews said. "We demanded an immediate apology."

In a Feb. 23 warning letter to Martin, Matthews said his client was compared to criminals, and called a "goon," a "rascal" and a "sleazy punk" on television and to print reporters. The letter demanded Martin make an immediate and fulsome apology through major media outlets, but none was made until Monday.

Martin made the statements in question on Feb. 23, amid a political firestorm raging over fraudulent automated robocalls made during the 2011 general election. A political operative using the pseudonym "Pierre Poutine" placed robocalls through RackNine's automated calling service, drawing national attention to the firm, which was never itself under investigation.

Martin said Monday that RackNine is not to blame for the robocall scandal. "RackNine provides a legitimate automated call service, similar to services used by many political parties," he said.

Never been in BC during the 90s were you. The master of disaster was so bad that major political motivated calamities are still called Glendogles.

Just as long as there's no rye... Rye kinda makes me go snakey sometimes

I've been told I shouldn't drink Rye cause it makes me go whiteman. Which is fine cause I don't much like it anyway.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Like I said to you the last time, by your measure, Bell and/or Rogers would also be culpable. Or Toyota for that matter. I do use their product to move contraband cigarettes.

That wasn't all he said.

So?

This is a $179/year reseller account..
There's a sucker born every minute. You should see the mark up I put on welding rods, gloves, and don't even get me started on the mark up I throw in when I fire up AutoCad.

Since he ignored the apology, I'm guessing his lawyers have something to that effect. I prefer jurisprudence, to BOOMer logic though.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Like I said to you the last time, by your measure, Bell and/or Rogers would also be culpable. Or Toyota for that matter. I do use their product to move contraband cigarettes.

Betcha that we (as society) aren't that far off... There are some jurisdictions that have looked into holding gun manufacturing companies partially responsible for crimes involving their products. I suppose that it isn't that big a stretch to sue Nike or Adidas for aiding and abeting in the commission of crimes where the perp wore their shoes during the get away