Climate change predicted to transform Vancouver into San Diego, but at a heavy cost

mentalfloss
You guys should watch Before the Flood with Leo DiCaprio.

It's really good!

Climate change predicted to transform Vancouver into San Diego, but at a heavy cost

Goodbye Vancouver, hello San Diego.
A major climate-change study predicts temperatures in Metro Vancouver will exceed those of present-day Southern California in the coming decades.

Frost and ice will become virtually a thing of the past, heating bills will drop, and farm crops will flourish virtually year-round in the Fraser Valley.

That’s the good news.

On the down side — and there is plenty of it — the region can expect: air-conditioning costs to soar; worsening smog and associated health problems; increased forest fires and water shortages; summer droughts followed by severe fall rain events; and an influx of invasive species threatening forests and agriculture.

Climate change predicted to transform Vancouver into San Diego, but at a heavy cost | Vancouver Sun (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
The heaviest cost will be building that honkin' huge Navy base.

pgs
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
Meanwhile Vancouver is getting hit again with unseasonably cold weather and snow .

Danbones
+1
predicted...
lord tundrin jesus boy

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

predicted...
lord tundrin jesus boy

Leo took time out from flying his private Lear jet around the world to lecture us on the evils of flying around the world . Maybe he can fly up to Vancouver and help Petros yell at Trump tower tomorrow .

Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Leo took time out from flying his private Lear jet around the world to lecture us on the evils of flying around the world . Maybe he can fly up to Vancouver and help Petros yell at Trump tower tomorrow .

Petros remember to dress warmly this isn't the dry cold you are used to .

pgs
+1

Still snowing . I wonder how many more feet of snow Shasta will see this spring .

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

And moving Mexico up to our border. Maybe it will move itself.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

And moving Mexico up to our border. Maybe it will move itself.

At least you won't have to worry about relocating the Chargers. They're f-ing off to LA.

Twila
excellent! camping all year long!!!

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

It's the cost of building the wall to keep out the illegals that will for sure be a biggie

Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

predicted...
lord tundrin jesus boy

Right along with the ice-free North pole by 2013.

.... Coincidence?... I think not!

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

excellent! camping all year long!!!

ˇFabulous Mexican Food!

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

ˇFabulous Mexican Food!

already have that.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

It's the cost of building the wall to keep out the illegals that will for sure be a biggie

Right along with the ice-free North pole by 2013.

.... Coincidence?... I think not!

Nah the mountains make a good barrier . Lions , bears and wolves oh no .

Curious Cdn

Nah the mountains make a good barrier . Lions , bears and wolves oh no .

... avalanches ..

It's no coincidence that the army built POW camps in places like the South Thompson.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/topic/can...tten-pow-camps
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Feb 27th, 2017 at 07:19 PM..

petros

Is it going to snow In late Feb in San Diego too?

With the "blob" dead, winter here sure sucks.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Is it going to snow In late Feb in San Diego too?

With the "blob" dead, winter here sure sucks.

They are measuring the snowfall in California ski resorts in feet this season there is so much snow . Squaw Valley is completely buried . More snow on the way . I think the snow pack is over 200 % of average .

Angstrom
Good i hope it fry's

mentalfloss

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvxTmS0exb7r8

Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Good i hope it fry's

You said the same thing about Fort Mac.

Curious Cdn

They are measuring the snowfall in California ski resorts in feet this season there is so much snow . Squaw Valley is completely buried . More snow on the way . I think the snow pack is over 200 % of average .

Does more snow fall translate as "colder"? It doesn't, you know.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Well it sure is rare the amount of snow we saw this winter , and as it usually rains here , yes I think cold has something to do with it .

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

It's a 'stupid person' argument.

petros
Ever lived here in winter? People have stopped boasting and are rapidly losing faith in climate change and are begging for rain over beautiful cold, clear, sunny skies.

Guess what?

It's snowing in Coquitlam again right now.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Ever lived here in winter? People have stopped boasting and are rapidly losing faith in climate change and are begging for rain over beautiful cold, clear, sunny skies.

Guess what?

It's snowing in Coquitlam again right now.

But it can't be colder because the world is warming . Who are you going to believe your lying eyes or Mentalfloss ?

But it can't be colder because the world is warming . Who are you going to believe your lying eyes or Mentalfloss ?

BTW it is snowing again this morning in Surrey B.C. Beautiful rainy west coast , covered in snow again .

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
The additional snow in Vancouver is no doubt a side effect of the ice free north pole in effect since 2013.

DaSleeper
+1

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

The additional snow in Vancouver is no doubt a side effect of the ice free north pole in effect since 2013.

Yes it is just a weather event . But when we have our regular August heat wave that will be definite proof of global warming .

Jinentonix
Quote:

You guys should watch Before the Flood with Leo DiCaprio.

It's really good!

Lenny De Crappio: Thinks chinooks are proof of global warming.
Lenny De Crappio: Apparently thinks his private jet runs on renewable, green energy.
Lenny De Crappio: Rented one of the world's largest gas-guzzling yachts for the World Cup in Brazil.
Lenny De Crappio: Keeps increasing his carbon footprint buy having new houses built for himself.
Lenny De Crappio: One seriously hypocritical douche bag.

I just love the way idiots like Flossie worship these false prophets of the environment.

petros

Yes it is just a weather event . But when we have our regular August heat wave that will be definite proof of global warming .

Last year we had Junuary and Julyuary before the 3 week August heat wave

coldstream
+1
I'm digging myself out of a rare beginning of March snowstorm in the Fraser Valley. It's been a cold and snowy winter, and they seem to be getting more severe since i arrived here a decade ago.

When will people realize that the AGW fraud has absolutely NOTHING to do with Climate. It's a political and philosophical agenda without an iota of scientific merit.

It is completely immune to fact, evidence. It has become something that must be accepted on Faith Alone. Radical Environmentalism has become a despotic religion whose arch enemy is the human pestilence.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

I'm digging myself out of a rare beginning of March snowstorm in the Fraser Valley. It's been a cold and snowy winter, and they seem to be getting more severe since i arrived here a decade ago.

When will people realize that the AGW fraud has absolutely NOTHING to do with Climate. It's a political and philosophical agenda without an iota of scientific merit.

It is completely immune to fact, evidence. It has become something that must be accepted on Faith Alone. Radical Environmentalism has become a despotic religion whose arch enemy is the human pestilence.

people believe differently then you. Imagine that, eh

no new posts