Top Eight Reasons NOT to immigrate to Canada

<link no longer exists>

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
No Culture.
Unlike almost every other country in the world, Canada has no culture. Actually American culture is what dominates Canada. When was the last time you had some 'Canadian' food? There are no Canadian traditions and there is no national identity. What does it even mean to call yourself a 'Canadian'. . .nothing really. People living in Canada, still identify themselves as to where they 'originally' came from.

I wonder where this was actually thought up. Wherever it was, there wasn't much grey matter to put into it. Anyone who's even researched the people of canada should know that Canadian culture is a culture of people that consists of elements of every culture. Assimilation as in most cases when cultures clash usually happens, but the canadians at least try to govern their society to be culturally diverse...-er, Multicultral would be the apt name.

We have canadian food, it's any kind of food availabe around the world. You can eat any culture in Canada. Societies grow over time Canada's only been around for roughly over a century, the US around 4. Other countries have been around to develop much longer than that. Canadian culture is in it's infancy and with the mix of the worlds entire populace, I wonder how we'll turn out by the end of of the new millenium?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
That a hole said he moved here with his parents :x I suppose he got a good education then sold out to the highest bidder .Then he goes out and slams the country that he got his education from we don't need assholes like him in Canada good riddance 8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Top Eight Reasons NOT

Canadian Food
Canadian Bacon
Canadian Maple syrup
Smarties.

Canadian Culture:
Hockey
Beer
Kitchen parties (NS)
Boony Bashes (BC)
RCMP-Can't find that anywhere else

People living in Canada, still identify themselves as to where they 'originally' came from.
Cause we never hear the term Afro American used to describe a certain ethnic group.

Theres a lot more, but someone gets the point I'm sure.

C

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Hey, wasn't there a post on this board somewhere that expressed a bit of horror at the thought of robots taking over from humans? Has it happened already?^^^^^^^^^^

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
A reasoned and rational response, Mom. But to be a bit more specific, I'd like to reply to each of his eight points.

1)Discriminatory & Dishonest Immigration System: No argument here. We complain about having too few Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, etc. and then permit the professional associations of these groups keep them from becoming qualified by forcing them to start all over again. Score one for Asad.
2)Cost of Living: Try living England, sonny. That will give you a real taste of "out of control". Canada is dirt cheap compared to any other developed nation. The score is tied!
3) Health Care Disaster: Try the US for a disaster. We aren't perfect, but the shortage you claim is exaggerated. Another point for us, Asad.
4) Very High Taxes: Old news, sonny! Try Scandanavia or Germany or England. Again, compare the total cost in constant dollars, Euros or whatever before you make silly statements like this. You're down two, Asad.
5) Money Hungry Government: This is getting tiresome. What makes you think they are going to let you immigrate to the U.S. With their current state of paranoia, you might not feel very comfortable in Texas or Ohio. Try California and see what a "money hungry government" really looks like. You're falling even further behind, Asad.
6) No Culture: Whaddayamean no Kulchur! We got hockey. Aint that kulchur enough for yuh? We also got Poutine and Back Bacon and Pea Soup and Roll Mops and Solomon Gundy and Salmon Burgers. So there. You're on a losing streak, Asad.
7) Worst Weather: I wouldn't know. Compared to New Delhi in the rainy season? Compared to Northern Chile or Eastern Russia or anywhere in the Carribean in Hurricane Season or Tornado Alley?
8) No Jobs: Looks like the same whining and sniveling in two or three of the earlier points. Poor little immigrant can't get the job he wants. It all boils down to the same complaint. No argument from me that the Immigration System stinks, but it's been that way for a long time.
In summary, Asad, you won't be missed. Spend a little time travelling around before you make blanket statements like you have. You might find Canada isn't quite the basket case you seem to think.
Sincerely, Coaster

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Really think, its getting kind of boring, you seem a little fixiated. Why don't you just forget about it and pull a chair up to the fishing hole and drop your line in and chew the fat. Bring kokanee tho.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Your responses are based on patriotic emotions (well expected), you should listen more and defend less that which escapes the obvious.

Of course they're natural responses. Any culture would defend itself when confronted with something threatening or hateful directed to them.

Don't tell me that Americans would get any less defensive If I posed such claptrap on one of their websites. Here on this site, the responses have something to say besides F*** *** ****, ****** *** *** **** *******!! Which is what you get when most Americans respond to any critisism.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
peapod said:
Really think, its getting kind of boring, you seem a little fixiated. Why don't you just forget about it and pull a chair up to the fishing hole and drop your line in and chew the fat. Bring kokanee tho.

The only thing I'm fixiated on is expressing my opinion, and on occassion when it contradicts your perceptions, you all jump. You can keep an open mind and appreciate the fact that people perceive the world in a different way. There is an immigrant movement in Canada pea, that is bringing up a class action suit against the Canadian government. At the very least, you owe it to yourselves to listen to what they say and not shun them.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jo Canadian said:
Your responses are based on patriotic emotions (well expected), you should listen more and defend less that which escapes the obvious.

Of course they're natural responses. Any culture would defend itself when confronted with something threatening or hateful directed to them.

Don't tell me that Americans would get any less defensive If I posed such claptrap on one of their websites. Here on this site, the responses have something to say besides F*** *** ****, ****** *** *** **** *******!! Which is what you get when most Americans respond to any critisism.

Doesn't comparison ever tire you Jo? Maybe you should play the Molson Beer Commercial, it might make you feel better.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I was not really thinking about it that way think, I was speaking more of the fixation between americans verus canadians. For every unhappy immigrate, I can bring 10 to this board that are grateful and happy to be here. We are different from you, we have choosen to move our society toward a european attitude, at least that is what I think. Americans on the other hand has chosen to go backwards, to a religious society. Someone like Jerry fawell, would never have access to the office of the prime minister of our country, Jerry fawell has one to your president. This is just my opinion of course, I don't speak for anyone else. The yellow road signs here say "caution" road narrows...in your country at least for now the signs say *caution* minds narrow. I am sorry if this offends you, but it is honestly how I feel.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I think not said

Doesn't comparison ever tire you Jo? Maybe you should play the Molson Beer Commercial, it might make you feel better.

:? Can't. Don't drink anymore.

:lol: Besides if you're complaining me comparing, I'm just pointing out the obvious. What I wasn't comparing was that being defesnsive would be ANY nations response to something like that.

We would whine about it just as loud as you guys, we just use fewer F words

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
You will find pea that very few things offend me, and I assure you never from a forum. Perceptions matter. And everyone has different perceptions. I have no doubt for every 1 immigrant there are 10 that have a different opinion, but that does not mean you shun the minority. And in my perception your interpretation of diversity (by immigrants having there own neighborhoods and such) can be easily misinterpreted as seggregation.
The issues immigrants are bringing up are valid points, and if you continue to disregard them you are not moving forward. Dont you agree?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I don't really know, I will read it when I have time. But if they have a case, the courts will decide. No one has ever said we do not have problems in this country, we have never assumed we are perfect, its the american arrogance that assumes that. Now Mr. dibbs has the right attitude for becoming a canadian. Although highly qualified in his field, his creditials may have problems here. Mr. dibbs would be more than happy to pump gas in order to live in canada. So maybe the old saying expectations, are resentments under construction means something.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
But you are lumping in all americans with that statement, and that is not true. There are many that know alot about canada. Thats why they are buying alot of land right here on my island. Quite a few of from where you live, they seems to love cortez island, new yorkers. So they found out about lotusland somehow :wink: