Is there security, psychologically?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Preaxius

Hi Praxsius

]Bit of a vague question.... care to elaborate?
What kind of security are you talking about (what security relates?)

To exist/ live intelligently we all need some kind of physical security- like clothing ,food , shelter and so on

Praxius-
Psychologically..... could mean a number of things

Not really , by psychological security I mean anything put together by thought .

Last edited:

CurioToo

Electoral Member
Nov 22, 2010
Hello China - as always a conundrum of a question for the readers...

As Praxius relates there are a number of "security issues" protecting our reactive selves as you know and I believe the ones most commonly used might be relaxation and meditation which clears a path throughout our minds and bodies which
might relate to "acceptance". While acceptance is not necessarily a comforting response, often it is the only successful
one in a world where anxiety seems to be a daily companion for many in our world.

Anxiety can be a detriment to the functioning of our whole mind and body as it experiences life in various stages of what seems to be unplanned in many cases even though we all strive to find our righteous place here on earth.

We can only accept and attempt "change" within ourselves unless we have power to change a situation which may present danger and/or fear in another or self. One positive affirmation might be the assurance situations do move into new ones and often we have picked up a bit
of knowledge along the way while we were being "challenged". Eventually security or resolution seems to fall back into place.

I believe with all my heart mankind was created for positive, forward evolution, demonstrating a higher being of thought and problem solution - when we began fear - we began killing and maiming each other.

If we can only get back to basic trust - but I am a dreamer I know....and I will not live long enough to see it happen I am sure.

P.S.: Hi China! I see you hopped onto Praxius' query before my own response was printed out - I think we agree - I know I do with your response.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hi CurioToo
Every time you place a new picture on the avatar , You look younger and younger .
I,ll be sixty next year and I 'demand ' to know Your secrete CurioToo.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sure there is....

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Kipling

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You might want to look up The Wisdom of Insecurity by Allan Watts. Security is a myth and the striving for it can drive you nuts. Learning to be in the moment is the only way to eliminate anxiety.

CurioToo

Electoral Member
Nov 22, 2010
Hi CurioToo
Every time you place a new picture on the avatar , You look younger and younger .
I,ll be sixty next year and I 'demand ' to know Your secrete CurioToo.
Hi China

The avatars I use are not of me - I'm one of those people who hesitate to put up too much personal stuff and pictures are included in
that....

You are wearng your age well! I thought you much younger. CurioToo

You might want to look up The Wisdom of Insecurity by Allan Watts. Security is a myth and the striving for it can drive you nuts. Learning to be in the moment is the only way to eliminate anxiety.
Cliffy

Watts' book was my guide to coming out of a terrible experience when young and turning it into a career where I found I could live through trauma, learn more about my world and myself and find a place where I might belong and contribute.

It was one of the most inspiring books I have had the good fortune to read - and it came at a most advantageous time for me thanks for a friend who loaned it to me. CurioToo

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The ego is a personified creation of the mind. A mind at peace wouldn't have an ego to worry about keeping secure.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
The ego is a personified creation of the mind. A mind at peace wouldn't have an ego to worry about keeping secure
.....and all of the above are a product of one thing ...The Thought... which is a response of your Memory which is an accumulation of your knowledge your emotions, your feelings ......etc.
No thought -no memory ; no memory no thought.

Is there a psychological security .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That would be your mind that processes the info which is what the ego reacts to which sets off the emotions.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
That would be your mind that processes the info which is what the ego reacts to which sets off the emotions.
That would be your mind that .....
ok,As I've stated above : thought is the response of your memory; memory is the accumulated "staff" of whatever you think about, feel about ( feelings ,emotions...).If you exclude these two ,there is nothing else .
What is mind petros ?

Is there a psychological security .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The mind is a product of its environment. Psychology is reaction of the mind to its environment. The ego is a product of our minds when we were totally dependent as a young child in an environment that was (to our young minds) dangerous and intimidating. From the ego is produce various personalities that we wear when confronted with various types of social exchanges to get what we want from them. Psychological security is an oxymoron because psychology is born of insecurity. Shedding oneself of the ego and learning to be totally present in the moment is the only security there can be.