F-35 Stealth Fighters Come Without Engines

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
No engines you say? I guess what they meant when they said they could be used for search and rescue is that we can search for the engines and rescue the poor suckers who have to try and fly them with the discount or used whatever it is that we put in them for engines fails.

Nice one Steve!

Oh wait a minute I think I get how this works. It's old school right?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's the interpretation of a statement in the documents she acquired.

I read the part that she is using, to run with this story.

I interpret it completely different.

But hey, don't let that stop all of you from using some objectivity.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It's the interpretation of a statement in the documents she acquired.

I read the part that she is using, to run with this story.

I interpret it completely different.

But hey, don't let that stop all of you from using some objectivity.

So when you buy a new car what you really mean is that you're buying a new car that you're going to put the old chevy engine you already have in, and that shouldn't cost any more because you already own the engine? Doe we even have some engines that will fit into these aircraft available for them? Or do we then have to buy them off Bombardier at a later date, and cost that hasn't been included in this estimate?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So when you buy a new car what you really mean is that you're buying a new car that you're going to put the old chevy engine you already have in, and that shouldn't cost any more because you already own the engine? Doe we even have some engines that will fit into these aircraft available for them? Or do we then have to buy them off Bombardier at a later date, and cost that hasn't been included in this estimate?
Nice spin Unf.

Why don't you wait until the facts are in, before you go making yourself look like an ass?

It's called objectivity, you should give it a try.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
how about how much the aircraft are going to cost without the engines, how much the engines are going to cost, and how much the total finished aircraft sitting on the runway ready for takeoff costs.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
All questions, I'd love to hear the answers to Gh. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes out of this.

I'm no fan of the F35. I would prefer the Super Hornet.

But I just can't stand the nuttery and hackery, that some people try and pass off as being thoughtful or vigilant, these days.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The key point is that the cost of the engines are not included in the costs given for the F35.

I don't know what that contempt of Parliament thing was all about, do you?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
how about how much the aircraft are going to cost without the engines, how much the engines are going to cost, and how much the total finished aircraft sitting on the runway ready for takeoff costs.

So would I.

Unfortunately, the procurement plan will cover the next 25 years, so you would have to be a magician to know........

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
So would I.

Unfortunately, the procurement plan will cover the next 25 years, so you would have to be a magician to know........

Here's a better idea, don't buy them at all until we can afford them. The americans are going to buy 2500 of these things with a deficit of 1.5 trillion....morons.

Last time I checked we have a 50 billion dollar deficit....perhaps we wait until 2015 when the cons promise to have the deficit at zero.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So would I.

When we're talking about public money running into the billions, they damn well better figure out a way to let US know how much of OUR money THEY are spending.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
When we're talking about public money running into the billions, they damn well better figure out a way to let US know how much of OUR money THEY are spending.

No one knows what these things will cost.....but hey...they are shiny and go real fast....who cares....right?

They will look great at air shows, which is where they will be most often used, much like the F-22.....complete waste of money.:roll:

I'm sure cons are fine with that as they trip over mentally ill homeless people on the streets.

Bunch of choda sniffers.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Engines extra for F-35 jets, records show

Hmmmm...
No engines - that ought to satisfy us peaceniks! No engines, now that's stealthy!
Welcome back my friend. Long time no hear. hope all is well.

The answer is quite simple, they are stealth planes, so you would not be able to see the engines, but you will see the bill along with the special contracts, R&D loans etc for shall we say Pratt & Whitney????