Yep, Cuba is just awesome!

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

The last time I checked, the Canadian Government does not require a passport to leave the country. We also do not require exit Visas.

Stop confusing the issue with facts involving the freedom of movement, it's highly overrated anyways.

Just ask Cubans.

petros
Their laws not ours.

The last time I checked, the Canadian Government does not require a passport to leave the country. We also do not require exit Visas.

Leave to where?

CUBert
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

No you weren't. Unless all your posts are sarcasm. Which I highly doubt.
Hmmm, I find it odd that you think a person whose only crime is political dissidence is a "criminal" in the traditional sense. And then to top that off, equate him to terrorists. Simple astounding the silliness in your posts.

How do you know that is his only crime, because western media tells you? lmfao.

The man has an excellent military service record, he began his "criminal" career by going on a hunger strike because of Cuba's censorship of the net. Cuba branded him a criminal because he spoke out against the molestation of individual freedoms. The fact that you would chastise him, brand him a criminal along with Cuban authorities, so you can maintain a bastardised delusion of Cuba and the US, screams volumes about you character.

I don't care what you've read about him over wikipedia.

But hey, if you think freedom of speech is a crime, which I don't doubt, have at it.

it isn't to a certain degree. if you're spreading propaganda to masses of people , propaganda that's detrimental to government stability, how can you allow it?

You really should stop using Wikiality to get your info. He was never convicted of anything, other then being jailed as an American agent and political dissident.

lol, irony. first you got all your information about him from wikipedia, secondly you believe only bias western media sources.

Life saving medical care can not denied, all inmates have access to free medical care, and he is capable of purchasing a health care package like the rest of the populace.

haha, why do inmates have better health care than many u.s citizens?

Besides that childish obfuscation, there's no law against political dissidence in the US.

what do you think would happen if the tables were turned and cuba gave money and support to a person in the u.s to act against the american government?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Their laws not ours.

That's not in question. But when trying to brand Cuba a great place, you can't negate them.

petros
Can a non-criminal Cuban get a visa to go to the EU for an award?

Chiliagon
there is nothing wrong with the USA.

every country has it's own little secrets and lies that it tells..

the USA just has a few more of each than other countries.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBertView Post

How do you know that is his only crime, because western media tells you? lmfao.

Unless you have something more in depth, conclusive and factual then wikiality, there's not much else to go. Because Cuba is such a bastion of freedom, we hear so much from them.

Quote:

I don't care what you've read about him over wikipedia.

I see you only care about what makes your insipid hatred more relevant.

Gotchya.

Quote:

it isn't to a certain degree. if you're spreading propaganda to masses of people , propaganda that's detrimental to government stability, how can you allow it?

Quote:

lol, irony. first you got all your information about him from wikipedia, secondly you believe only bias western media sources.

Actually, I got my information about him, from two other sourced articles, Reporters without Borders and HRW. But I can see why you would think I only use western media. You're projecting your myopic research skills, don't.

Quote:

haha, why do inmates have better health care than many u.s citizens?

Don't know, I'm not party to American policy makers. It's similar here in Canada, an inmate will jump to the head of the line for MRI's.

Quote:

what do you think would happen if the tables were turned and cuba gave money and support to a person in the u.s to act against the american government?

First you have to prove he really is an American agent. But then again, we have groups like CAIR, who receive foreign funding and have opposing political ideologies to the US's policy on many issues. That go unmolested by authorities. But I'm sure that's lost on you.

Go figure.

CUBert
+1 / -1
Cuba launches its own Wikipedia - Americas - Al Jazeera English

"It consumes 25 per cent of the energy produced on the planet and in spite of its wealth, more than a third of its population does not have assured medical attention."

can't argue those facts

CDNBear

Can a non-criminal Cuban get a exit visa to go to the EU for an award?

First off, I fixed it for you. Maybe, it's up to the Gov't.

But if Cuba was all the darling anti's chalk it up to be, why would you need an exit visa?

Besides that, if he's really the criminal cubby wants us to believe he is, why wouldn't the Cuban Gov't want to get rid of him?

It's not like he's incarcerated.

TenPenny

Don't know, I'm not party to American policy makers. It's similar here in Canada, an inmate will jump to the head of the line for MRI's.

I thought here it was hockey players, followed by politicians, that get first in line for MRIs.

CDNBear

Cuba launches its own Wikipedia - Americas - Al Jazeera English

"It consumes 25 per cent of the energy produced on the planet and in spite of its wealth, more than a third of its population does not have assured medical attention."

can't argue those facts

Thanx for proving my point. And I bet you can't even fathom how.

I thought here it was hockey players, followed by politicians, that get first in line for MRIs.

It has something to do with time constraints and scheduling.

But I hear ya.

CUBert

Unless you have something more in depth, conclusive and factual then wikiality, there's not much else to go. Because Cuba is such a bastion of freedom, we hear so much from them.

yea it is, i would happily live in Cuba over the U.S

CDNBear

I have no doubt about that.

But thanx for not embarrassing yourself any further by trying to offer a factual rebuttal or anything.

TenPenny
+1

Sounds like someone who's been to the resorts, but not the real parts of Cuba.

Chiliagon

ya I love how there's levels of class ratings when it comes to medical care.

you have money? come on down! next in line for the MRI!! (Price is right theme...)

you don't have money? sorry.. here, wait for 3-6 months.. or maybe longer!.. (price is right, did NOT win theme)

I think pro athletes should have to wait just like us.

CUBert
+1 / -1

Sounds like someone who's been to the resorts, but not the real parts of Cuba.

Not any worse than Detroit

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by ChiliagonView Post

ya I love how there's levels of class ratings when it comes to medical care.

you have money? come on down! next in line for the MRI!! (Price is right theme...)

you don't have money? sorry.. here, wait for 3-6 months.. or maybe longer!.. (price is right, did NOT win theme)

I think pro athletes should have to wait just like us.

I bet you're against tiered medical care too?

Not any worse than Detroit

The nice thing is, you don't have to ask the Gov't if you can leave Detroit.

Another fail...

Keep'em coming, you make this too easy!

CUBert
+1 / -1
Most of the people can't afford to leave anyways, kind of similar to the poverty of many Cubans.
So again, not any worse than Detroit !

Also, American citizens also have to ask the government if they can leave the country, it's called applying for a passport, nice fail!!!!!!!!

CDNBear
Speaking of fail.

Most of the people can't afford to leave anyways, kind of similar to the poverty of many Cubans.

Are you really trying to compare economic issues with rights and freedoms?

Quote:

Also, American citizens also have to ask the government if they can leave the country, it's called applying for a passport, nice fail!!!!!!!!

The passport is to return, not leave, but please, don't let facts get in the way of those delusions.

petros

First off, I fixed it for you. Maybe, it's up to the Gov't.

But if Cuba was all the darling anti's chalk it up to be, why would you need an exit visa?

Besides that, if he's really the criminal cubby wants us to believe he is, why wouldn't the Cuban Gov't want to get rid of him?

It's not like he's incarcerated.

That wasn't the question though was it?

If it's a matter of personal opinion, do you think Cubans might find some of our laws ridiculous?

china
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny;
[QUOTE

I believe that as long as you aren't on parole or other similar restrictions, Canada can't prevent you from leaving the country. But other countries don't have to let you in.

........or Canadian gov .can refuse to issue you a passport .
Having also a Polish passport, that would not "bother" me .

TenPenny

You don't need a passport to leave the US. You don't need a passport to leave Canada. You may need a passport to enter other countries, but you do not need a passport to leave.

petros

The passport is to return, not leave, but please, don't let facts get in the way of those delusions.

Will a American or CDN or any international airline/shipline sell you a ticket if you don't have a passport?

CDNBear

That wasn't the question though was it?

Actually, yes it is.

If you're going to try and make Cuba out to be a bastion of paradise, the laws are going to have to fit the image being portrayed.

They don't.

Quote:

If it's a matter of personal opinion, do you think Cubans might find some of our laws ridiculous?

Now that's not the question. We aren't talking about the ridiculousness of laws, we're talking about imagery. The anti's keep foisting Cuba as some paradise, when in fact, it isn't. Unless you're a tourist of course.

You don't need a passport to leave the US. You don't need a passport to leave Canada. You may need a passport to enter other countries, but you do not need a passport to leave.

TP, you're confusing the issue with facts again.

TenPenny
+1

Will a American or CDN or any international airline/shipline sell you a ticket if you don't have a passport?

That has nothing to do with your right to leave the country at will. It has to do with your ability to enter your destination country, and the carrier's obligation to bring you home on their dime if you are refused entry. The two things are not the same.

Question for you: the last time you drove or walked to the US, did you get stopped by Canadian border agents before you left the country, to check for your exit papers?

CDNBear

What TP said.

petros
Quote:

Now that's not the question. We aren't talking about the ridiculousness of laws, we're talking about imagery. The anti's keep foisting Cuba as some paradise, when in fact, it isn't. Unless you're a tourist of course.

Have you or I lived there to make that call. Or is it just conjecture? There are plenty of things about Canada that really rub me the wrong way but I still have pride in who I am and where I'm from and no matter where you go on this planet there are billions who feel the same as I or Jose seis paque from Cuba.

china

TenPenny
You are correct TenPenny .
You don't need a passport to leave Canada and you don't need a passport to enter a foreign country though being equipped with one makes your travel allot more comfortable .

Ron in Regina

An American can exit the USA to Canada without a Passport....they just can't
re-enter the USA from Canada without a Passport. That's the hitch.

I was in Cuba in January of 2008. I liked it. Going back again Monday.

CUBert

Speaking of fail.

Are you really trying to compare economic issues with rights and freedoms?

good point, Cuban citizens get way better health care.

You really can't go anywhere legally without one