So, tell us what you REALLY think about MICHAEL

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Supreme

May 21, 2009
Rich? He was 400 million in debts... I never had an issue with him, nor did I care what happened to his face. He was a legend to many. Personally not my style of music but I can recognize talent when I see it. Just look at those music videos amazing for the day it came out in. Look at him as a kid, he's a natural performer. It's sad to see an artist with that amount of talent, go at such a young age.

RIP Michael Jackson.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Rich? He was 400 million in debts... I never had an issue with him, nor did I care what happened to his face. He was a legend to many. Personally not my style of music but I can recognize talent when I see it. Just look at those music videos amazing for the day it came out in. Look at him as a kid, he's a natural performer. It's sad to see an artist with that amount of talent, go at such a young age.

RIP Michael Jackson.

The subject is about Moore not Jackson.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

RIP Michael Jackson.

:laughing7: Like I said..........."gotcha"

:laughing6:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Michael Moore has more power to create change than individual politician.

Ralph Nader was the consumer advocate but he made the mistake of entering politics where he was effectively muzzled.

Michael Moore took up the cause not by just complaining like Ralph Nader did, but to run simulations with possible solutions and present it to the masses through a documentary film.

President Obama’s health reform has a lot to do with Moores’s film on the broken healthcare system Americans are suffering through.

Moore was able to get the masses to complain to their politicians on city, state and federal level.

Because of Michael Moore’s success others are jumping on the bandwagon to sway public opinion like Al Gore and his Climate Change documentary film.

Now people want climate change.

Look at the example of the music video started out by bands playing their instruments and singing then it progressed into a story then to a three to four minute movie now it’s losing it’s appeal in north America but still going strong in other countries.

Political videos are changing, it started with the benefits the candidate can offer the voter to political attack ads where the focus became the weakness of the candidate running against you to fear ads like a famous politicians who ran an ad that told voters of a emergency at three am and does the voter trust the candidate to act accordingly.

Pretty soon we will be watching 15-minute documentary on a candidate and if you check Youtube.com they all the political leaders have videos for you to watch so you can make an informed decision.

Michael Moore’s success helped make this transition.

One day we all will have the chip implant in our brain and become sophisticated zombies and not have a worry in the world

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Like him or hate him, believe him or don't: the man has ballz. I'm surprised the right wing haven't offed him yet. He has a point of view, just like everyone else. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Polygong

Electoral Member
May 18, 2009
Between Ireland and Russia
I would agree to that, but he has been caught numerous times making blatant lies. Add to that, I can't stand the way he smirks when dealing with someone who has been a victim of the issue he is covering, it's very exploitive if you ask me.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would agree to that, but he has been caught numerous times making blatant lies. Add to that, I can't stand the way he smirks when dealing with someone who has been a victim of the issue he is covering, it's very exploitive if you ask me.

The Pope, the President, Harper all lie. Do you not think that they are exploiting you?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

He's just a big fat blowhard.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What do I really think about Michael Moore? He's a documentary film maker, who produces films that promote his point of view. Just like anyone else in the business.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I have not read or seen anything produced by Micheal Moore.

Is it true that his book "Stupid White Men" and his movie "Sicko" are autobiographical?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Serves me right I soppose. I thought it was going to be yet another inane thread about Michael Jackson. I don't think about Michael Moore very often. Moore has made a pile of money doing low budget pseudo-documentaries about various subjects. Most of them are quite watchable.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Of course they are. People are already weary of those in power, but not weary enough of blowhard pundits like Moore, O'Reilly and Beck who feed them the Kool-Aid they want to hear."

Blowhard pundits? Did you forget Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have not read or seen anything produced by Micheal Moore.

Is it true that his book "Stupid White Men" and his movie "Sicko" are autobiographical?

Yukon Jack

You can't comment or criticize Moore's work until you see it. I don't agree with everything Moore puts out but he sure cuts through a lot of glue. I don't think any of his stuff is autobiographical.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Seen the documentaries and have the books, so feel qualified to say he's entertaining and informative..and that's all I ask of anything read or watched.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Serves me right I soppose. I thought it was going to be yet another inane thread about Michael Jackson. I don't think about Michael Moore very often. Moore has made a pile of money doing low budget pseudo-documentaries about various subjects. Most of them are quite watchable.

My first clue about Moore was when I saw him on T.V. dressed like a punk with his ball cap on backwards. But you have to be open minded about these things.