Fifth foot discovered

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A fifth foot discovered on Southern B.C. coast. This time it's a female foot.

Delta police Const. Sharlene Brooks talks to the media about a mysterious left foot that was found submerged near Westham Island Monday. (CBC)A human foot was discovered partially submerged in the water near Westham Island in Ladner, B.C., Delta police said Monday.
It's the fifth human foot police have found in the province in less than a year.
"As far as it being linked to other partial remains found, we haven't dismissed that. We're considering all possibilities," Const. Sharlene Brooks told CBC News.
A couple out for a walk in the 2800 block of Savage Road spotted a shoe floating in the water around 10:30 a.m. and called police, she said.
Investigators said it's a left foot.
"Right now we're working very closely with the B.C. coroners service to identity the person whose remains we have recovered," Brooks said.
Four right feet, each wearing a sock and sneaker, have been discovered in the province since August.
A woman's right foot was found on the uninhabited Kirkland Island in the Fraser River in May, just a few kilometres from Westham Island where Delta police found the fifth foot Monday.
Three other men's right feet washed up in the Gulf Islands between Vancouver and Vancouver Island. In August, feet were discovered on Gabriola and Jedediah islands and, in February, another foot was found on Valdez Island.
B.C.'s chief coroner told CBC News Monday night that investigators have been unable to determine who the four right feet belonged to.
Terry Smith said DNA profiles have been completed on the feet but no matches have been made.
"We'll continue to try and identify known profiles that we can compare them to until we have a match," he said.

http://tinyurl.com/55tmtz

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The four earlier, male, right feet, each had a sock and a sneaker. They don't as yet say if this latest foot was similarly attired.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Should be easy to find the owners; I only know of one person with one foot. How many others could there be?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'd guess it's attired much the same juan.... a shoe preventing underwater organisms from being able to eat it, so they eat the leg it's attached to instead, until it comes loose. I'm betting this isn't the last either. Or, whoever's dumping the bodies will get smart and start taking their shoes off.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'd guess it's attired much the same juan.... a shoe preventing underwater organisms from being able to eat it, so they eat the leg it's attached to instead, until it comes loose. I'm betting this isn't the last either. Or, whoever's dumping the bodies will get smart and start taking their shoes off.

If it is a person deliberately dumping bodies, maybe he/she knows that if you apply a sock and a sneaker, you will eventually end up with a foot to be found. This could be a great murder mystery, or maybe just a demented funeral parlor employee.......Ya know, even with an open casket you never see the dead person's feet...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
....maybe just a demented funeral parlor employee.......Ya know, even with an open casket you never see the dead person's feet...

Naw, they'd have solved that up lickety split. Embalming fluid is a pretty distinct thing, and it wouldn't take much to track down the DNA once you knew you were looking for funeral homes.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What they need to start doing is comparing the DNA to all those posters you see in gas stations for a half dozen young men whose families are pleading for any information whatsoever, as to why Bobby disappeared... last seen at 2:30 AM outside of the bar. Has anyone else ever noticed that 2AM -3AM seems to be a Bermuda triangle in time for these men.

(how do I get my keyboard off of french characters)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It could also be the remnants of a crashed drug running plane or sunken boat. There is a lot of drug trafficking on the west coast.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm wondering if embalming fluids would still be around after a month or so in the water. Another thought I had was that somewhere, tides, or a river was encroaching on an old cemetery, but that doesn't explain the socks and sneakers.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Years ago, a friend applied to work as a cook/deckhand on one of the tug boats. He was told he had to get himself a pair of sneakers. Apparently, working with street shoes on the metal deck of a tug boat is dangerous. I can understand that but it gives us yet another scenario.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Something strange is afoot here.:roll:

Seriously, we have a possibility of there being six bodies out there with only one foot. That could mean they will be finding at least six more feet in the next few weeks.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Sounds more like what happens when you go out camping and you leave your shoes on when you sleep..... we all know about that one missing sock every time we unpack back home..... well this is what happens. The sock takes off with shoe and foot and like lemmings off a cliff, they jump into the water.

Case closed.