Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
World

document.write(dateTranslator.displayLong('October 12, 2007 12:00:00 AM MDT')); Friday, October 12, 2007
Al Gore, UN agency win Nobel Peace Prize for work on global warming
Doug Mellgren, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
OSLO, Norway - Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore and the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change jointly won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for their efforts to spread awareness of man-made climate change and to lay the foundations for fighting it.
Gore, who won an Academy Award earlier this year for his film on global warming, "An Inconvenient Truth," had been widely tipped to win the prize.

http://tinyurl.com/392ee7

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Shows the quality of the man who should have become President in 2000. If the democratic process had been allowed to run it's course and the Supreme Court, Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, Fox, et al hadn't been allowed to sellect the President the world would be a very different place today.

George Bush on the other hand, with Iraq, Katrina, Guantanamo Bay, CIA secret torture sites, Patriot Act, etc... has taken an early and very impressive lead in the race for the title of Asshole of the new Millenium. Way to go Georgie!!!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Oh boy isn't history wonderful???

That pesky Nobel - for whom the award clangs....

I'm still wrestling the knowledge that Hitler also received the award.

Oh and the dude who invented dynamite - whatta guy - gotta look up his name.. (joke eh)

And then there is Mahatma Gandhi who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize five times between 1937 and 1948 but never won it.

Kinda makes me sit back and ponder the use of it.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Oh and the dude who invented dynamite - whatta guy - gotta look up his name.. (joke eh)

And then there is Mahatma Gandhi who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize five times between 1937 and 1948 but never won it.

The dude that invented dynamite was Nobel and Hitler never won it.

Makes me sit back and ponder how stupid you are.:roll:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Hitler did not win the award
. The link below is to a list of all winners Mahatma Gandhi could have won the award, but those who did win the award were considered no less deserving than Gandhi.

http://tinyurl.com/ngvzu

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I imagine Curiosity learned that on Fox News.

Try to spit on the award because you don't like the current winner.

Kind of sad really.:roll:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
So what about truth was amusing then dear fellow?

You are amusing, in a sad sort of way. I wasn't arguing whether your material was true or not, I was commenting on you being an insulting jerk to anyone you choose to reply to. :lol:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You are amusing, in a sad sort of way. I wasn't arguing whether your material was true or not, I was commenting on you being an insulting jerk to anyone you choose to reply to. :lol:

I made a comment on truth and you followed with "coming from you that is amusing". Now if you weren't implying about my comment on the truth or my truthfulness why make a statment saying just that?

Of course in all this you have made no comment on the lie spewed forth by the all knowing Curiosity who has scuried away as soon as the fib was exposed.

Cowardly at the very least.:roll: