Canadians kicking Taliban A$$


thomaska
#1
Love you guys!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ec_1191610503

 
Kreskin
#2
Looks like they were kickin some ***. That's great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
 
DurkaDurka
#3
wow, that video was amazing. I couldn't imagine being in a situation like that. Great post Thomaska!
 
Sparrow
#4
We can be proud of our Canadian Troops.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#5
Man thats the first real stuff like that i've seen....
Very much appreciated Thomaska...and thanks for the kind words...
 
thomaska
#6
I've always known you guys were righteous ***-kickers, history says so too...must be a refreshing slap in the face to some of the dhimmi surrenderists lurking about on CC.
 
El Barto
#7
I hear the Vandoos who are there at the moment are giving them a good fight too. To everyones dissmay they are agressivly seeking them out. Blowing away the preconcieved notion that the french canadians would be laid back and retreat at any opposition. Tho killing is not admired or to cheer about due to the context they can be proud of themselves. Bravo
 
Logic 7
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaskaView Post

Love you guys!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ec_1191610503


There is not a single piece of evidence that they are killing the talibans, this what make me laugh about credible people like you are.


Those who are fighting against chicken-canadian-troops, could be the afgan, who knows?certainly not you or your source.
 
MikeyDB
#9
It doesn't matter that they're Taliban or not....

We know that the poppy fields are a source of income and present a conjoint interest to the drug lords and the terrorists in Afghanistan, but what do our good American friends do about it?....

The United States dropped thousands of gallons (tons) of defoliant on South East Asia to deny Charlie ground cover....but a few thousand acres of poppy fields that are supporting tribal/drug-trade/terrorism represents too much high-order thought for America...?

The point is that so long as there's a sculpted piece of video that demonstrates that Canada and Canadian troops are playing by the American rule book....everyone (that means the Whitehouse and defense contracting machinery) is happy happy....

If you come to my ****ry with your ideas about "democracy" and I look at how that "democracy" works in your nation.... then you say you're going to wage war on me and kill the nasty evil people...whom you couldn't find or fight for years now.... and I'm expected to quiely lay down and set aside my reservations about being told by a bully with a gun what I should believe and what I should think and told about how I should run my life....guess what....I'll kill ya back....

When you send young men and women to kill other folk in their homes, it shouldn't suprise anyone that folk who had no use for and didn't entertain killing anyone eventually join the Taliban or the warlords or the drug cartels in fighting....

If Canada and the United States really don't want something more than an opportunity to reap enormous profits (defense industry and cozy-trade-deals-among "friends", they'd either do something right or get the hell out....

But hey the Sephen Harpers and the George Bushs of the world are more than prepared to write a check on your children's futures.....
Last edited by MikeyDB; Oct 7th, 2007 at 09:34 AM..Reason: censor substituted ***** for "country"...nearly Freudian that...
 
lone wolf
#10
Go Patty Go!

Wolf
 
triedit
#11
Would legalization of the poppy crop bring more to the economy and take down the taliban hold?

I admire the military members greatly, but on a personal level I think this video glorifies war. Perhaps if they had shown someone actually injured or something besides the "glory" of shoot outs I could get behind it.

Video is a year old...are we making a difference?
 
thomaska
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7View Post

There is not a single piece of evidence that they are killing the talibans, this what make me laugh about credible people like you are.


Those who are fighting against chicken-canadian-troops, could be the afgan, who knows?certainly not you or your source.

You just barely rate contempt.

Calling you a douche bag would be conferring an honor that is orders of magnitude above what you deserve.
 
thomaska
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

It doesn't matter that they're Taliban or not....
We know that the poppy fields are a source of income and present a conjoint interest to the drug lords and the terrorists in Afghanistan, but what do our good American friends do about it?....
The United States dropped thousands of gallons (tons) of defoliant on South East Asia to deny Charlie ground cover....but a few thousand acres of poppy fields that are supporting tribal/drug-trade/terrorism represents too much high-order thought for America...?
The point is that so long as there's a sculpted piece of video that demonstrates that Canada and Canadian troops are playing by the American rule book....everyone (that means the Whitehouse and defense contracting machinery) is happy happy....
If you come to my ****ry with your ideas about "democracy" and I look at how that "democracy" works in your nation.... then you say you're going to wage war on me and kill the nasty evil people...whom you couldn't find or fight for years now.... and I'm expected to quiely lay down and set aside my reservations about being told by a bully with a gun what I should believe and what I should think and told about how I should run my life....guess what....I'll kill ya back....

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Well at least you direct your ire at the politicians and not the soldiers.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#14
This isn't WW I, II or even the Cold War, we're not fighting a conventional force. For every local fighter we kill we create enemies out of every relative they have.

The US and ARVN killed close to 1,000,000 VC/NVA in Vietnam and still lost. The Soviets bombed the crap out of Afghanistan and drove millions of people out of the country and still lost. All we're doing is creating more resistance and more of our people are going to die in IED attacks and ambushes while idiots cheer like it's a hockey game.
 
thomaska
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_KidView Post

This isn't WW I, II or even the Cold War, we're not fighting a conventional force. For every local fighter we kill we create enemies out of every relative they have.

The US and ARVN killed close to 1,000,000 VC/NVA in Vietnam and still lost. The Soviets bombed the crap out of Afghanistan and drove millions of people out of the country and still lost. All we're doing is creating more resistance and more of our people are going to die in IED attacks and ambushes while idiots cheer like it's a hockey game.


I must have missed the cheering for IED deaths.

Although a few whacko posters here on CC have indeed admitted they relished the smell of dead American soldiers. Or Canadian, I don't think it matters to them. They are either trolls, or are as deluded by "peaceful" Islam as the far right is by Bush
 
Cobalt_Kid
#16
Our idiots cheer when we kill "Taliban", their idiots cheer when they kill our soldiers, it's all part of the same sick cycle.

The Karzai government itself is coming to the realization that there needs to be a political settlement to the conflict, maybe it's time we caught up.
 
gopher
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_Kid

The Karzai government itself is coming to the realization that there needs to be a political settlement to the conflict, maybe it's time we caught up.


http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...6-f7e8b040b6f4

The Taliban ain't dead yet. Or, at least, it appears this is another one of their attacks.

Therefore, it would seem that negotiations are a better avenue for peace.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#18
The "Taliban" isn't or was it ever just one organization. Some of the same forces that were part of the taliban are now part of the Karzai government and I'm sure they'll switch back if the political situation changes. It's also got support from Pakistan and fundamentalist movement in Saudi Arabia. With Pakistan as a staging area and a constant supply of new recruits from both Afghanistan and Pakistan the opposition to Karzai and NATO isn't going to end due to military action. Like I said every local we kill or send off to be tortured or executed by the government is going to create new recruits.
 
gopher
#19
The Guardian has quite a bit of news re Afghanistan:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/0,,548335,00.html

Much of this is not pretty and none of this is ever reported by the pro war USA media.
 
Cobalt_Kid
#20
Good articles, thanks gopher.
 
thomaska
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

The Guardian has quite a bit of news re Afghanistan:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/0,,548335,00.html

Much of this is not pretty and none of this is ever reported by the pro war USA media.

What news are you watching? I seldom see anything but the news reporting our servicemen and women getting killed.

And let one general say he thinks we are losing, and the press are on him like stink on $hit.

I guess perception is reality.
 
thomaska
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...6-f7e8b040b6f4

The Taliban ain't dead yet. Or, at least, it appears this is another one of their attacks.

Therefore, it would seem that negotiations are a better avenue for peace.


Maybe we could try the Hitler/Chamberlin approach...

"Heres the Sudentenland Herr Fuhrer, please don't attack anyone else..."

"Here's Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and part of Pakistan, and 1000 jews to do with as you wish, Mohammad, please don't harbor anymore Wahabi fanatics with a penchant for flying holograms into our skyscrapers...."

Yep. That should work out great.
 
gopher
#23
Appeasement or the Chamberlain approach as you call it is what the world is doing now with Bush.

As you know the majority of Americans want the USA to withdraw from that criminal war on Iraq. Polls confirming that view have been provided on this forum enough times to prove the point. Therefore, it is time to withdraw.
 
Just the Facts
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...6-f7e8b040b6f4

The Taliban ain't dead yet. Or, at least, it appears this is another one of their attacks.

Therefore, it would seem that negotiations are a better avenue for peace.

Yeah, they made their offer. Convert, submit, or die. They're very reasonable that way.
 
gopher
#25
Really? Whom precisely did the Taliban invade?

Russia? England? France??
 
Just the Facts
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Really? Whom precisely did the Taliban invade?

Russia? England? France??

Afghanistan.
 
gopher
#27
Talibani are Afghanis.
 
Just the Facts
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Talibani are Afghanis.

The Taliban movement is based in Pakistan.
 
Ten Packs
#29
Regarding the original topic in this thread, the video of our fine Forces, all I can do is proudly say, (to steal from a Forum that I think is now defunct):

I AM CANADIAN!

Well done, people! Well done.
 
Locutus
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten PacksView Post

Regarding the original topic in this thread, the video of our fine Forces, all I can do is proudly say, (to steal from a Forum that I think is now defunct):

I AM CANADIAN!

Well done, people! Well done.

Sadly, there'll always be the usual drama students trolling for their own 15 seconds of fame. But...

I AM CANADIAN TOO!

 

Similar Threads

4
Canadians Take Taliban Turf
by Curiosity | Dec 29th, 2006
0
Canadians engage Taliban in NATO offensive
by CBC News | Dec 19th, 2006
21
Canadians to Taliban: Merry Xmas
by I think not | Dec 9th, 2006
0
Keep pushing Taliban, Canadians say
by CBC News | Oct 30th, 2006
no new posts