Woman accused of exposing herself to 13-year-old

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
A 33-year-old woman has been jailed on allegations she exposed herself to her 13-year-old neighbor and made him touch her, police said.
Michelle Seddon, unemployed and disabled, was booked into the Washoe County Jail on Thursday on suspicion of lewdness with a child, authorities said.
According to a police report, the charge stems from incidents in March that occurred in her Booth Street apartment where she lived with her girlfriend.
Her upstairs neighbor, a 13-year-old middle school student, told police that he had visited Seddon at her apartment one day where she stripped and asked him to touch her, the report said. Her girlfriend was not home.
Police became involved after the boy told his mother, who called officers.
According to court records, Seddon's girlfriend in 2002 filed a restraining order against her after Seddon was arrested for battering her.
On at least one occasion, the boy and his friend had spent the night at the women's apartment where the friend later reported Seddon inappropriately touching the boy while he slept, police said.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
To be fair, did this really happen...

or was the 13 year old boy "bragging" to his friends how he fooled around with the two lesbians in the neighbourhood, a parent overhead and went awol. 30 seconds earlier and the parent may have launched a lawsuit on Angelina Jolie if she believed the words of other boys "bragging".

Seriously, does one not need ANY evidence of ANY form before sending someone to jail? You know, the place they risk a very real danger of rape and contraction of a fatal STD?

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Oh man....when I was 13, I had pretty intense sexual feelings. I think it would have been pretty exciting at that age. Whether she was right or wrong...well...but, child schmild...frick, I remember 13...I remember raging hormones. I remember....oh boy...

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Oh man....when I was 13, I had pretty intense sexual feelings. I think it would have been pretty exciting at that age. Whether she was right or wrong...well...but, child schmild...frick, I remember 13...I remember raging hormones. I remember....oh boy...

And that's exactly my point! Of course your hormones were raging...my husband said the same thing...that he would have loved to have been seduced by a sexy teacher. I think that's normal and that's okay. But the teacher is the adult and she/he is the one who should know better. She knew it was illegal and she should accept the consequences.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
And that's exactly my point! Of course your hormones were raging...my husband said the same thing...that he would have loved to have been seduced by a sexy teacher. I think that's normal and that's okay. But the teacher is the adult and she/he is the one who should know better. She knew it was illegal and she should accept the consequences.
My great grandmother had the first of her 20 children at the age of 13...and that was very normal then. What happened between then and now when someone was married and having kids at that age to them being children who cannot comprehend what is happening to them in the year 2007?

I do agree to a point...definitly. The laws were broken. Bad judgement was made. However, speaking ONLY from the perspective of someone who was a 13 year old kid...well...I wouldn't have minded...:)

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
My great grandmother had the first of her 20 children at the age of 13...and that was very normal then. What happened between then and now when someone was married and having kids at that age to them being children who cannot comprehend what is happening to them in the year 2007?

I do agree to a point...definitly. The laws were broken. Bad judgement was made. However, speaking ONLY from the perspective of someone who was a 13 year old kid...well...I wouldn't have minded...:)

I think people become more aware of things as time passes. Although this type of abuse has been happening for centuries, it was more accepted and the norm, as you say, but as a 13 year old child, I don't believe anyone would be truly ready for motherhood. Do you know how old her husband was? It was also pretty common for a man in his 50's to marry a girl in her early to mid-teens. However, through the ages we have learned the reprocussions of this, and have therefore put laws into place.

I can't argue with a 13 year old boy being horny and ready to go.;-)

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Concur. We can't and should not tolerate any form of abuse against children.

Ya, its nice she's in Jail, based on the words of a hormone raging 13 year old boy, heard second hand.

I mean, as a suspected pedophile, she'll probably get raped. And odd's are get an STD and then probably die, perhaps giving it to her partner before they both die.

And its nice all of this happens without need for a shred of proof. Cause its not like every 13 year old boy lies about nailing their Art Teacher/ English Teacher/ Gym Teacher (im not here to judge)

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Ya, its nice she's in Jail, based on the words of a hormone raging 13 year old boy, heard second hand.

I mean, as a suspected pedophile, she'll probably get raped. And odd's are get an STD and then probably die, perhaps giving it to her partner before they both die.

And its nice all of this happens without need for a shred of proof. Cause its not like every 13 year old boy lies about nailing their Art Teacher/ English Teacher/ Gym Teacher (im not here to judge)
I never lied about nailing ANY teacher...I never did...but...ohhhh, that Miss Petrick...grade 11...oh MAN, I wish...

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Concur. We can't and should not tolerate any form of abuse against children.

Doesn't abuse imply some harm is done? It is inappropriate and you can put here in jail i guess if it is true. As a minimum if it is true she shouldn't be teaching kids.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007

I'm fairly certain that charges can't be laid and a person can't be convicted without proof. I'm sure some boys tell tales about scoring with hot substitute or whatever, but if the cops follow up and find there's nothing to charge them with...they would drop the case.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Doesn't abuse imply some harm is done? It is inappropriate and you can put here in jail i guess if it is true. As a minimum if it is true she shouldn't be teaching kids.

It's hard to judge what kind of harm. It may not always be physical harm. Emotional, mental abuse goes a long way as well.
He may feel some impact later in life, or he may never.

But I believe these laws are in place for a reason. The fact is she was a teacher...in a position of power. She was older, even past the 5 year age difference given now to the Age of Protection law. She knew what she was doing was illegal and under the law is considered child sexual abuse. She made the choice to break that law...and if she's found guilty, should accept that consequences of her choices.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
It's hard to judge what kind of harm. It may not always be physical harm. Emotional, mental abuse goes a long way as well.
He may feel some impact later in life, or he may never.

But I believe these laws are in place for a reason. The fact is she was a teacher...in a position of power. She was older, even past the 5 year age difference given now to the Age of Protection law. She knew what she was doing was illegal and under the law is considered child sexual abuse. She made the choice to break that law...and if she's found guilty, should accept that consequences of her choices.

Did you read the article? She is an unemployed woman who lives below the kid with her girlfriend.

She is in jail, denied freedom because the kid said the girl stripped for him and had him touch her. No proof, no evidence and no motive (she's not even into boys).

She is not a teacher and most certainly not in some position of trust.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Did you read the article? She is an unemployed woman who lives below the kid with her girlfriend.

She is in jail, denied freedom because the kid said the girl stripped for him and had him touch her. No proof, no evidence and no motive (she's not even into boys).

She is not a teacher and most certainly not in some position of trust.

Yeah, I did...sorry...I'm getting this one confused with another thread! My bad!

Although I still don't believe they can just throw someone in jail without having any kind of case.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
I don't know...I mean, by the letter of the law it may have been....but...

I understand what you're saying, but I believe that can be a slippery road.

At such a young age, the person is very vulnerable and easily subjected to manipulation...they can be convinced that they were the one who started everything, that they seduced the abuser...if they believe this, the abuser can get away with the abuse.

I know that some youth do make up stories, but I believe that the majority don't.