Ont. father convicted on pathologist's testimony granted bail

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
An Ontario man who spent nine years in jail after being convicted of killing his infant son based on testimony by disgraced child pathologist Dr. Charles Smith has been granted bail.

More...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I would love to know what was going on in the mind of this power mad medical examiner. So many of his findings are such obvious fabrications upon review. Why his lust to jail parents who are already suffering a loss? What was behind all these lies?

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
I would love to know what was going on in the mind of this power mad medical examiner. So many of his findings are such obvious fabrications upon review. Why his lust to jail parents who are already suffering a loss? What was behind all these lies?

Well, you just said it Karrie. The power that he gained through his status led him on an ego trip the size of Cleveland. Some Professionals are what is termed 'Professional Legal Prostitutes,' and will fit the facts to the expectations of the highest bidder. Add to that the ego trip... well...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well, you just said it Karrie. The power that he gained through his status led him on an ego trip the size of Cleveland. Some Professionals are what is termed 'Professional Legal Prostitutes,' and will fit the facts to the expectations of the highest bidder. Add to that the ego trip... well...

Another part of the problem was that under the terms of his employment, this quack didn't have to answer to anyone so he just went along ruining people's lives without a care. I sincerely hope they can find a suitable punishment for him. Stoning to death comes to mind.8O

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
ooer... remind me not to step on your toes yuan. lol :)

Sorry. There is another thread about a young girl who was stoned to death for seeing a boy of the wrong religion.....I just thought this jerk deserved that punishment more than she.:smile:

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Ah yes. I'v seen that thread, and I can see where you're coming from... :)