BCE confirms talks on possible sale

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Telecom giant BCE confirmed Tuesday morning that it's talking to a group of Canadian pension funds and other investors about taking the company private.

More...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
However, there's no question on which side in Turkey stands the US Fascist state. With private business, naturally. The economic state of Turkey be damned! And, likewise, the economic state of Iraq! Both of which have been and are being privatized, destroyed, sold out, sold off and deconstructed as I write. "For whom the State tolls/toils, NOT for thee my fellow working class."
As an aside about privatization, in consideration of my previous blogs documenting US labor/union pension fund investment in this process, there was an interesting article, ironically, in the Turkish press gleaned from the Independent, about pension fund and privatization in Canada. Here's the link, "Pension Fund Set to Lead World's Largest Leverage Buyout," regarding Bell Canada, www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=70443
As for the "battle for Ukraine," well, that's being reported ad nauseum. Try some international and Russian websites. For starters, www.rian.ru (English).

http://www.karlmarxwasright.blogspot.com

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I got a company wide e-mail today from Michael Sabia, more or less stating what was said in the CBC article. The next month or so should be interesting, I guess I will be working for the teachers union eventually.. haha.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
However, there's no question on which side in Turkey stands the US Fascist state. With private business, naturally. The economic state of Turkey be damned! And, likewise, the economic state of Iraq! Both of which have been and are being privatized, destroyed, sold out, sold off and deconstructed as I write. "For whom the State tolls/toils, NOT for thee my fellow working class."
Bell Canada has always been a private company.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Bell Canada Enterprises shares are listed in Canada (TSX: BCE), the United States (NYSE: BCE) and in Europe (SWX: BCE) BCE is a publicly traded company.
That's right; privately owned by many people; not as Darkbeaver implies that it is government or state owned. BCE is a publicly traded company that is privately held by many thousands of investors. KKR and Teachers' Pension want to make it privately held by just one or two investors with no pulic trading.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
All my imediate family members have BCE in their portfolios. It's been a good week for us. Hope another bidder shows up this week.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I have a couple hundred BCE stocks, the rise in the price has been nice. If I decide to cash them out I am going to get hit with some nasty tax's though... my average buy price is around $29.00 per.