Elton John Burning Church

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
"Elton John said just receintly said that all religions should be banned then has his 60th birthday in a church, talk about hypocrisy.

Then if that wasn't bad enough at the Madison Garden concert the next night he has a burning church on the big screen behind him. That in my mind is a hate crime, yet because it was against christians nothing is said! If that was a Mosque or a Sinagogue there would have been hell to pay!!!!"
http://forums.kylie.com/viewtopic.php?p=773631&sid=0f5c16c3b8643ff35d230a30a5b1984f

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Elton is a fat, over-the-hill, bald gay man. What he has to say anymore on anything should have the same importance as the rest of us over-the-hill types. Except we're not uno.

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
"Elton John said just receintly said that all religions should be banned then has his 60th birthday in a church, talk about hypocrisy.

Then if that wasn't bad enough at the Madison Garden concert the next night he has a burning church on the big screen behind him. That in my mind is a hate crime, yet because it was against christians nothing is said! If that was a Mosque or a Sinagogue there would have been hell to pay!!!!"
http://forums.kylie.com/viewtopic.php?p=773631&sid=0f5c16c3b8643ff35d230a30a5b1984f

It wasn't a real church though, since it was Anglican I think.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com

here's a question for you then....

would you have been upset if it was a mosque or a sinagogue??

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Hermann: Same'ol same'ol there , eh?

Nikki: That dum ass says things like that againt anyone or anything that is not Catholic.:-|

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
Hermann: Same'ol same'ol there , eh?

Nikki: That dum ass says things like that againt anyone or anything that is not Catholic.:-|

Hmm oh well then he would really hate me. I am atheist. :cool:

Closed minded people piss me off. Obviously I am not religious and have nothign to do with religion but burning a church is just inappropriate and wrong, and so was that comment.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
it's possible it wasnt actually a church or it was faked or he had bought the ruins of a church or something but it'sstill a rather inappropriate and insensitive image to go plastering across the world's media

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
it's possible it wasnt actually a church or it was faked or he had bought the ruins of a church or something but it'sstill a rather inappropriate and insensitive image to go plastering across the world's media

I would agree. That being said though... such is the price of free speech. Besides which. The most interesting conversations are sparked from controversy. ;-)

Edit: I am having issues with spelling this morning LOL>

Reactions: hermanntrude

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I'm going to rush the stage at the next Elton John concert, rip off his rug, give him three good paunch shots, pick him up and throw him into the crowd. It's way overdue. Hope someone brings a camera!