New NHL deal keeps Hockey Night in Canada on CBC

catman

Electoral Member
Sep 3, 2006
The NHL should have just given them the rights to the Leafs since that is pretty much all they show.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
dont forget the BDF and the GTY, and what they did with the MHK

hehe sorry just teasing. Too many acronyms for a knowlessman to understand

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
ack!

I was SO hoping HNIC would go to TSN/CTV...

Well guess what, the CFL and olympics are moving there.... *evil. laugh*

I wanted to see the CBC die.. and be put to rest by the government... its a waste of my tax dollars.

I never watch it.. and it seems to always cater to the people who like sports, when there are lots of people like me who could not care less about men throwing pucks and balls around into designated zones.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Well besides sports the CBC barely ever bumps in the top10

HNIC and CFL is usually the only CBC shows that make it to the Canadian top 10.

I guess in advertising revenue sense, its good for them.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
WHEW- I guess I can postpone my "leaving hockey behind" for a few more years.. I REFUSE to pay for cable- I remember back in the good ol days I could watch more hockey than I could handle with just an aerial

Oh and West, since you hate wasting your tax dollars SO much, why not move out of the country to somewhere more suitable for you?? I dunno... somehwere... somewheres..... shoot, I can't think of a place to suggest

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The CBC is a big money loser.

And CTV / TSN is the big empire in Canada, so in 2013 they'll pick it up...

And FYI.. CTV is available over the air... and easily in the Golden HorseShoe.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
lol oh I KNOW what we get down here :D

Between a few buddies with real fast 'net connections and the "air" stations we get, I find I am more than satisfied with my "connection" to the "culture" so to speak..
(and I get more than some folks, I have spent YEARS perfecting the construction of aerials out of diferent stuff- one time I actually got cable channels with coathangers and foil- tho I think that was due to a problem in the buildings wiring or something- it wasn't crystal clear but it worked, really weird)