Anti-police rallies turn ugly in Montreal, Vancouver

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Man, way to protest Police violence by breakin the law in such a fashion that they would kind of be authorized to use force to try and stop it eh??

A friend of mine actually became the "poster boy" for violent protest at the anti-globalization protests in Quebec a few years back- he was going to the library and had to get around a group of protesters and somehow got maced, at which point he got rather irritated and begane screaming obsenities at the police- others in the crowd were inspired to get violent and my friend spent the night in jail for "inciting a riot", to which no charge was ever attached after checking out his story- sadly, the BEST "news" footage captured that day was of my friend freaking out- when he got home his mom called and was HORRIFIED at his "political violence" as the footage had played every 15 minutes pretty much nationwide and EVERYONE she knew had phoned to make sure she saw it.....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Man, way to protest Police violence by breakin the law in such a fashion that they would kind of be authorized to use force to try and stop it eh??

A friend of mine actually became the "poster boy" for violent protest at the anti-globalization protests in Quebec a few years back- he was going to the library and had to get around a group of protesters and somehow got maced, at which point he got rather irritated and begane screaming obsenities at the police- others in the crowd were inspired to get violent and my friend spent the night in jail for "inciting a riot", to which no charge was ever attached after checking out his story- sadly, the BEST "news" footage captured that day was of my friend freaking out- when he got home his mom called and was HORRIFIED at his "political violence" as the footage had played every 15 minutes pretty much nationwide and EVERYONE she knew had phoned to make sure she saw it.....

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE.

"I was just going to the library and the cops maced me for no reason."

What a LOAD! lol

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I like how they were protesting Police Violence and the picture in the article shows some guy kicking the glass in of a phone booth.

These demonstrations is just another excuse for idiots to get together to practice mob violence and riot.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I like how they were protesting Police Violence and the picture in the article shows some guy kicking the glass in of a phone booth.

These demonstrations is just another excuse for idiots to get together to practice mob violence and riot.

Agreed, they lost all credibility acting in the way they did.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE.

"I was just going to the library and the cops maced me for no reason."

What a LOAD! lol

You wouldn't have a link to this picture would you? Something tells me your freind had chosen to wear all black clothing and a bandanna for his afternoon of study in the library.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
No I do not have a link, but the truth is the truth and I thought it was a funny story- I think he was wearing short and a T-shirt tho... course, you never saw it on Faux news so I guess eyewitness accounts are pretty much meaningless.. SOME people sheesh, if I wanted to hear from an A-hole I woulda just farted

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can remember one riot, I can't even remember what it was about or where it was... but you'd see these people on the news, so angry, saying essentially...

"We saw on the news that there was a riot.. so we came down to watch the protestors and the police, and somehow the police turned on us! We weren't doing anything! I can't believe they'd treat us this way!!"

I stared at the screen thinking, how stupid do you have to be (and this was mainly University students), to show up to a riot and think you'll not get a waft of tear gas in the face too, or be targetted by police. Is there a standard uniform for a rioter, and one for an onlooker? Give me a break!

A friend of mine ended up in jail because of the riots on Whyte Ave in Edmonton. He saw a group of people beating a cop into the ground, and him and buddy jumped on and started pulling people off... unfortunately, once you get everyone else up off the officer, that leaves you to be grabbed. They spent the night in jail for their trouble, but they didn't complain... wrong place, wrong time, and how are the cops supposed to be able to sort it all out? They're not super human.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No I do not have a link, but the truth is the truth and I thought it was a funny story- I think he was wearing short and a T-shirt tho... course, you never saw it on Faux news so I guess eyewitness accounts are pretty much meaningless.. SOME people sheesh, if I wanted to hear from an A-hole I woulda just farted

I just find it funny that he happened upon an Anti- Globalization Rally on the way to the library... AND made it so close to the police line that they maced him... AND was caught on tape swearing at police.

"Honest Mommy... I was going to the library!"

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well, if you think about it it's an easy enough mistake to make. There are countless rallies all the time on campuses, and if it was in front of the Library that probably wouldn't be that out of the ordinary either. I walk past rallies all the time without thinking twice, mind you my school is very small.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I just find it funny that he happened upon an Anti- Globalization Rally on the way to the library... AND made it so close to the police line that they maced him... AND was caught on tape swearing at police.

"Honest Mommy... I was going to the library!"

Yeah.......and you are probably right.

But innocents do get swept up in this type of thing on occassion.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I can remember one riot, I can't even remember what it was about or where it was... but you'd see these people on the news, so angry, saying essentially...

"We saw on the news that there was a riot.. so we came down to watch the protestors and the police, and somehow the police turned on us! We weren't doing anything! I can't believe they'd treat us this way!!"

I stared at the screen thinking, how stupid do you have to be (and this was mainly University students), to show up to a riot and think you'll not get a waft of tear gas in the face too, or be targetted by police. Is there a standard uniform for a rioter, and one for an onlooker? Give me a break!

A friend of mine ended up in jail because of the riots on Whyte Ave in Edmonton. He saw a group of people beating a cop into the ground, and him and buddy jumped on and started pulling people off... unfortunately, once you get everyone else up off the officer, that leaves you to be grabbed. They spent the night in jail for their trouble, but they didn't complain... wrong place, wrong time, and how are the cops supposed to be able to sort it all out? They're not super human.

That last story was interesting. I can see how that happened. There is a clip somewhere on the web of a Boston cop getting in a fight with a crazed and BIG guy on drugs. I mean they were going at it and there were people standing around watching. Finally the cop said, after battling the guy for about 5 minutes... punching... kneeing... whipping each other off cars...

"Feel free to jump in!"

Three or so on lookers helped the cop subdue him right away. But how many times do people try to help a cop and he says

"BACK OFF!"

People are just unsure what to do because of the story you just mentioned.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Karrie, that story of yours is precisely why I walk by. There is no way to discern between crowds in close quarters like that. Hanging around is an invitation for trouble. There are some things that you can't help but stop and gander, like vicarious curious human nature. If I saw smashing and violence, I'd turn around and walk in the other direction.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Yep, wrong place wrong time- the folks organizing the summit and the protests did NOT coordinate it with my buddy, and honestly he WAS so oblivious to the issue that he really was jst going to the library. I suppose everyone else here would know better tho, as I'm sure no-one EVER ended up being suspected of somthing they didn't do. If we were all perfect, maybe we could all be like Eagles mack