Ken Dryden's No. 29 retired by Canadiens

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Ken was okay. Nice guy. Good goalie. But to retire his sweater was a mistake. He didn't have star power like the Rocket. The ceremony seems to smack too much of politics for this watcher.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ken was okay. Nice guy. Good goalie. But to retire his sweater was a mistake. He didn't have star power like the Rocket. The ceremony seems to smack too much of politics for this watcher.

I don't know.......6 Stanley Cups, and in the net for the last game of the '72 Canada-Russia series? Seems pretty much like a great career to me............mind you I know little about sports, and care even less.

Nice guy as well.

I just wish they would retire him from Parliament, where he definitely is NOT competent.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Interesting take on competency...

How would you rank ex-movie and WWF wrestling stars whom America elects to its highest offices?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Interesting take on competency...

How would you rank ex-movie and WWF wrestling stars whom America elects to its highest offices?

I though Ronnie Reagan was an idiot. Couldn't understand how he possibly got elected.

But his single-mindedness and simple beliefs allowed him to follow a course of action that forced the Kremlin's hand, and destroyed the USSR. He will go down in history as a great President.

Go Figure.

What's his name, the wrestler, ex-navy seal guy? Amusing as hell, and I actually liked some of his policies. Might even have voted for him if I had been there at the time, but I don't know enough to really express an opinion.

I have NO idea what Arnie is doing in politics.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Follow the money Colpy...

Both conservative stooges...Raygun and Swartzenegger..

Jessie the Body Venture is a camera hog and other than TV entertainers who gets more lens time than a politician...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Arnie......

George Bush Sr used to call him "Conan the Republican" :) :) :)

Ever wonder how the heck he and the Shriver family (Democrats to the core) get along? Or even he and Maria, who seem to have a marriage that lasts.........?

I saw Maria one time on a documentary decrying the glorification of guns in the American entertainment business..............I couldn't believe it.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
All goes to show you it's all Show biz. And, amazingly, it doesn't take years in a fancy pants university or stodgy corporate or academic office to pursue a successful political career. If you've got glitter you can shine!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Yeah Tamarin

No experience no qualifications...just sizzle....

Yes I know Ronny was gov of Californee, but the idea that Ronny was somehow responsible for the collapse of the USSR is fantasy.

The USSR collapsed because it was corrupt and with the influence of the west (if you care to call Ronny that influence then I suppose you may have a point...) it became even more corrupt...

Our little gift to the monsters...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Arnie......

George Bush Sr used to call him "Conan the Republican" :) :) :)

Ever wonder how the heck he and the Shriver family (Democrats to the core) get along? Or even he and Maria, who seem to have a marriage that lasts.........?

I saw Maria one time on a documentary decrying the glorification of guns in the American entertainment business..............I couldn't believe it.

Only the incredulous would wonder how money and fame could get along with fame and money.:laughing7::laughing7: