Hundreds rally to support Afghanistan mission

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
More than 300 people braved a bitter wind and freezing cold in downtown Edmonton Friday for a rally in support of Canadian troops in Afghanistan.

More...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I explained our new tradition of wearing red on Fridays in support of our troops to the Americans I was working with this week, they were impressed, even the ones that did not support the war itself.

They do have an impression of us being a tad wimpy. I think we're changing that now.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
300 people --thats irrelevant

I take that to imply that most people dont support the so called mission

And wearing red doesnt make one tough--wearing red while running from a bull on the streets of pamplona does.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

And wearing red doesnt make one tough--wearing red while running from a bull on the streets of pamplona does.
People like You are such a Hypocrites, when there was around 300 who showed up to protest Canada being in Afghanistan you call it relevant when it's 300 to support the Mission you call it irrelevant..

I was there Fri, so there was only 300 people, numbers don't matter as much as the message, and the message there was loud and clear. People like you choose to ignore the message because people like you hate the Military and everything it stands for, NewsFlash the men&women serving in the Canadian Military are the reason you have the freedom to sit at home and attack them the way you do..
Pwned!!

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
People like You are such a Hypocrites, when there was around 300 who showed up to protest Canada being in Afghanistan you call it relevant when it's 300 to support the Mission you call it irrelevant..

I was there Fri, so there was only 300 people, numbers don't matter as much as the message, and the message there was loud and clear. People like you choose to ignore the message because people like you hate the Military and everything it stands for, NewsFlash the men&women serving in the Canadian Military are the reason you have the freedom to sit at home and attack them the you do..
Pwned!!
Lets take a look at what these people really think of the military, shall we Johnny?

This is an quote from a member here at CC, lets examine, 1) The fact that this person has missed the fact that I have stated I have served in the mililtary several times. A startling sign of selective reading. 2) These opinions, were rampent in his posts, even though he never went as far to actually utter them out loud, but none the less, he believes them.

Quote...Name withheld.

"I responded to a number of your criticisms and while I’d suggest that a significant factor involved in creating the impression you have is simply my poor writing skills, another significant contributor to your asinine wailing is your own stupidity and lack of sophistication. You’re an asshole as far as I can see and someone with only a marginal sense of the world you live in. You’re burdened by only a passing familiarity with the language you use and crippled by a nearly complete lack of integration skills.

I’m willing to bet that you’re either in the military or retired from the military, the final employment stop that those in critical need of discipline and structure usually find. Discipline and structure that must be applied by external mechanisms because your self-discipline is sorely inadequate.

People in uniform invariably need structure and a “superior” to answer to so they can receive a pat on the head for being a good puppy or a kick in the arse for being a bad dog!"

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Ah, cattle are colour blind..............

There's a lesson in there somewhere...........

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Seriously, people need to learn how to carry on conversations without resorting to profanity. The language here is strikingly similar to the inane chaterings of our politicians.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Seriously, people need to learn how to carry on conversations without resorting to profanity. The language here is strikingly similar to the inane chaterings of our politicians.
If you are referring to the note i posted, that is what the anti crowd seem to think of Soldiers. That is why i posted it. It was an attack on me by a high brow intellectual that saw me as inferior to to him somehow.

It was a comment made in private, but really is a very telling example of how the "left" and the intelectually righteous see the common man, or Soldier in this case. So I thought it was worth sharing.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
The actual number at the demonstration doesn't imply the number of supporters is small or large. I support the mission in Afghanistan and Canada's involvement in that mission, but obviously couldn't attend a rally in Alberta.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The actual number at the demonstration doesn't imply the number of supporters is small or large. I support the mission in Afghanistan and Canada's involvement in that mission, but obviously couldn't attend a rally in Alberta.
AHH, tracy, a voice of calm reason.