Liberals left environment dept. in 'shocking mess,' say Tories

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
A federal report on the environment has revealed the "shocking mess" left by the Liberals and underscores the need for a new plan to tackle climate change, the Conservative government said Thursday.

More...

yballa09

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
we all know the liberals did nothing except talk about the environment when they were in power, but I have doubts about the Conservatives. I don't know if they will implement something that will make real change, but I think they deserve a little more time before we pass judgement.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
I would agree they need more time on issues like this. This is the tact I thought Harper would take. Expose problems and fix them.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
we all know the liberals did nothing except talk about the environment when they were in power, but I have doubts about the Conservatives. I don't know if they will implement something that will make real change, but I think they deserve a little more time before we pass judgement.

I know the Liberals did nothing for the environment except hand out money to other countries all thanks to the Kyoto Accord, but the Conservatives aren't going to do anything either. The Tories made-in-Canada environment plan, which I thought was supposed to be released in October, isn't going to be finalized for up to 5 years. So while we wait for an environment plan, greenhouse gas emissions will continue to spew out at incredible rates.

Hopefully when the Liberals regain power next year, they will figure something out besides the Kyoto Accord.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
A federal report on the environment has revealed the "shocking mess" left by the Liberals and underscores the need for a new plan to tackle climate change, the Conservative government said Thursday.

More...

Not only did they leave the Environment Dept in a mess, they left the country in a mess.

I'm all for the environment, and making changes to industry and Government to ensure our childrens future, but lets be reasonable. The Kyoto accord, is an unatainable pipe dream for most nations. It would litteraly cripple our Tar Sands and a huge portion of our industrial infrastructure.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I know the Liberals did nothing for the environment except hand out money to other countries all thanks to the Kyoto Accord, but the Conservatives aren't going to do anything either. The Tories made-in-Canada environment plan, which I thought was supposed to be released in October, isn't going to be finalized for up to 5 years. So while we wait for an environment plan, greenhouse gas emissions will continue to spew out at incredible rates.

Hopefully when the Liberals regain power next year, they will figure something out besides the Kyoto Accord.

Hopefully you never vote.

You actually think the Liberals would do anything different the conservatives?

The Liberals held governmet for 13 years yet they did nothing, although I recognize you would be too young to remember that. You are truly naive if you think a "new' Liberal government will change anything.