Ugly' woman sues TV show in death of sister

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Here's yet another of those lawsuits that you hope never become successful. If it becomes successful many people will have to watch what they say......
Can it get anymore rediculous?
Ugly woman sue's

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Ugly' woman sues TV s

So who do I sue about my fecked up knee? It wasn't my fault that I was walking on a slippery roof with about the same incline as Everest, after all.

Should I go after the people who made the ladder that got me up there, or should I sue the manufacturer of the tar that I slipped in? Maybe I could sue my neighbour for laughing when I told him the story?

Hey, wait a minute...I could sue my wife for not stopping me from doing my own repairs. Better yet, I could sue myself for criminal negligence for sending me up on the roof.

That's it. I'm suing myself. No lawyers either, I don't want to share the money with anybody. In fact, I think I'll settle out of court. That means more that I can give me.

Okay, I originally sued for $73 million, but I worked it out with myself so the final settlement was a dozen beer and a pouch of Drum tobacco. Oh, and I have to finish fixing the roof when my knee gets better. That part was non-negotiable.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Hope it wasn't ugly and drawn out court case there Rev. Will you and you remain friends?

edited due to lack of spelling ability

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Personally i hope she wins her case and takes the TV company for millions. Yes, she's a dimwit for going along with the whole thing in the first place, but at least it might make them think twice about manipulating dimwits for the sake of entertainment (well, advertising).
What?! Well, I can live in hope, can't I?!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Always, Henry, always live in hope.

You know I have friends who live just outside of Hope, BC. We often joke about how they are beyond Hope. LOL

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Twila said:
Hope it was ugly and drawn out court case there Rev. Will you and you remain friends?

It was an amiable settlement, Twila. I even intend to share the beer and tobacco with me. The negotiations were brutal though. You know how these things get...emotions run high and things get out of hand. At one point I was even refusing to talk to myself. I insisted that all communications go through a third party, in this case the dogs. It was awkward because the dogs can't really talk much, so they make shitty go-betweens. Then I started mumbling a Dead tune, and that kind of broke the ice and got the conversation back on track.

Henry said:
Personally i hope she wins her case and takes the TV company for millions. Yes, she's a dimwit for going along with the whole thing in the first place, but at least it might make them think twice about manipulating dimwits for the sake of entertainment (well, advertising).

The problem with this sort of suit is that real suits get written off because of them. If some contestant on a reality show is harrassed until they go scooters, we'll all laugh. "Hey, it's just like that..." It isn't always though. A lot of suits are far from frivilous. Hell, for all we know, this is the real suit and we're writing it off because of the multitude of stupid suits we've seen in the past.

On the really funny side, my buddy just bought an air nailer that has a tag saying, "Nailing body parts may result in injury or death." It left me with this image of Jesus trying to spike himself up with a Bostitch, but never being able to get the last hand nailed in place.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Rev, too funny. Just way too funny. I can't believe you'd rely on your dogs as a go between. Gosh! Everyone knows that you use cats for that. Well that'll teach both of you. LOL

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Hey, Rev; I'd be careful how far you push yourself with this lawsuit, or next time you go up a ladder you may find yourself kicking the bottom of it.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Re: RE: Ugly' woman sues TV s

Twila said:
. . . I can't believe you'd rely on your dogs as a go between. Gosh! Everyone knows that you use cats for that . . . .
You can never rely on a cat for a go-between, Twila.

First off, no one can even make a cat go — let alone, go between.

Beyond that, cats are lacking in sympathy.

If, for example, you stub your toe, yell out loud, and dance about the floor on one foot, holding your other damaged foot while reciting from Captain Gross’s Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, your dog will cavort about under your feet, barking in sympathy.

Your cat will merely give you a dirty look, and stalk out of the room.

That’s what makes cats such wonderful pets.

You have just made an ass of yourself. The last thing you need is a sympathetic friend assisting you in that endeavour.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I must have disturbed cats.

Mine are exactly the opposite. If I'm sick or sad they all have to be on the couch or on the bed with me (all 3) I can't be in a room for longer then 10 minutes without them looking for me. I can get all 3 to follow me around the house for hours.

I can't make my cats do anything but I can encourage them to want to. slight variant. It works on people too. But thats all hush hush.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Re: RE: Ugly' woman sues TV s

Twila said:
I must have disturbed cats.

Mine are exactly the opposite. If I'm sick or sad they all have to be on the couch or on the bed with me (all 3)

I can't make my cats do anything. I encourage them to want to. slight variant. It works on people too. But thats all hush hush.

I too then have had many disturbed cats. The trick is to make them think they've made the decision with what they're doing. It works with kids too.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
As with people, likewise with cats.

Every fuzzy, funny kitten grows up to become an emotionally disturbed cat.

The only variation, is in the degree.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

As with people, likewise with cats.

Every fuzzy, funny kitten grows up to become an emotionally disturbed cat.

The only variation, is in the degree.

I whole heartedly agree!! dog's would be the same if only they weren't blissfully ignorant of everything 5 minutes after it happened

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives. ~Sue Murphy