US Beef BAN LIFTED...:-)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Breaking news. US lifts ban to CA beef. Montana's obstructionist politics have delayed this too long anyhow. US finds their own case of BSE........and shortly thereafter the ban is lifted. :roll:

dirty politics rule over any genuine safety concerns.---as per usual.......but still a step in the right direction. Hopefully this will go a ways to settle things down a tad.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
We should refuse to allow their beef into the country... we could then boost the economy, and not have to worry about government dollars needed. Think about it. With all the fast food joints around, If they had to use canadian beef, the industry would skyrocket! That's called taking care of our own

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Re: RE: US Beef BAN LIFTED...:)

manda said:
We should refuse to allow their beef into the country... we could then boost the economy, and not have to worry about government dollars needed. Think about it. With all the fast food joints around, If they had to use canadian beef, the industry would skyrocket! That's called taking care of our own

I like the way you think manda :) :) It's far past time we started looking out for ourselves instead of having to play these silly trade games every couple of years.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Canucklehead said:
manda said:

I like the way you think manda :) :) It's far past time we started looking out for ourselves instead of having to play these silly trade games every couple of years.

agree. decrease reliance on the US market. Enough of this getting jerked around , under the guise of what ever spin they put on it. Montana in particular has been a thorn in the butt for some time now. Furthermore they sure don't give a damn about anyone else except themselves and their bottom line. enough of this one sided crap........time to make a few subtle and not so subtle changes.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
It's not that I think that we should try to impoverish any other nations, but why see ours suffer. Charity begins at home, so I'm told, and I would rather see farmers in my country flourish, than wither out because we choose to import what is readily available in front of our noses, be it beef, potato's , lobster, wool,lumber,oil, whatever. Why go elsewhere when we have our own supplies to meet our demand, and see our own economy grow,reversing the down trend that it has seen. I don't understand why our politicians, who are supposed to be looking out for our best intrest, won't realize this :x

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

manda said:
It's not that I think that we should try to impoverish any other nations, but why see ours suffer. Charity begins at home, so I'm told, and I would rather see farmers in my country flourish, than wither out because we choose to import what is readily available in front of our noses, be it beef, potato's , lobster, wool,lumber,oil, whatever. Why go elsewhere when we have our own supplies to meet our demand, and see our own economy grow,reversing the down trend that it has seen. I don't understand why our politicians, who are supposed to be looking out for our best intrest, won't realize this :x

I wouldn't want to see anyone impoverished deliberately either but if ANY other country decides they want what we have, they have to realise that we have our own system of doing things that may be different from theirs. If they get themselves into contracts that are later found to disadvantage their own industry then the only recourse would(should) be to honour the contract and not renew. (NAFTA, anyone?) I am thinking of stumpage fees and our BSE testing system (which ironically the U.S. is implementing almost to the point of plagurism(sp?))

Another very controversial thought would be our oil supplies. We produce the stuff and should be supplying our populous with it at almost cost like the ME countries do. The U.S. saves a bundle on the shipping from Canada to the U.S vs. ME to U.S. so why not bump our prices just slightly to cover the reduced profit from domestic sales? It'd still be cheaper for the U.S. ,or at worst, equivelant to the prices paid for overseas oil.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
manda and C.head. LOVE your thinking. Smart ideas. And they don't hurt anyone , while enhancing our own country.....as good ideas should.

bravo.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
plagarism. I believe that we should all take a step back and examine how much each country really needs to import from other countries. Screw friendly deals and ties with other nations, worry about feeding the people you represent first and then ship in only what is needed. Can we charge the US with plagarism? I know that you can be expelled from University. There should be some consequence

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
manda and C.head. LOVE your thinking. Smart ideas. And they don't hurt anyone , while enhancing our own country.....as good ideas should.

bravo.

Thanks Ocean, you make a lot of sense in your posts too. I enjoy reading them. If only we could rule the country for a week. Oh the changes I would make..... :idea:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

manda said:
plagarism. I believe that we should all take a step back and examine how much each country really needs to import from other countries. Screw friendly deals and ties with other nations, worry about feeding the people you represent first and then ship in only what is needed. Can we charge the US with plagarism? I know that you can be expelled from University. There should be some consequence

good points. in other words take back the power and independance , maximize and develope what one has , employ our own people etc.

immigration laws might need some re-evaluation. Making sure Canadians get first dibs at jobs etc.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005

Ocean Breeze said:
manda said:

good points. in other words take back the power and independance , maximize and develope what one has , employ our own people etc.

Bang on. I m sure I could find a better job if this system was implemented, allowing me and Many others to better provide for their families. Instead, I sit in a call center. :cry:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
manda said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bravo.

Thanks Ocean, you make a lot of sense in your posts too. I enjoy reading them. If only we could rule the country for a week. Oh the changes I would make..... :idea:

I was just thinking that !! (telepathy??? :wink: We would call it "common sense " Governing. :wink:

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
manda said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bravo.

I was just thinking that !! (telepathy??? :wink: We would call it "common sense " Governing. :wink:

common sense governing? well, wouldn't that just blow the worlds politicians out of the water :p Funny how the things that seem to make the most sense are exactly the things that world leaders seem to avoid. Purposely perhaps? meh, goverments as they are just make me want to vomit.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
manda said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bravo.

That must be a subconscious dream for a lot of us.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
Canucklehead said:
Ocean Breeze said:
manda said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bravo.

That must be a subconscious dream for a lot of us.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The times, they are a changin'. If only this was a pirate ship, mutiny would be easy to acheive, without being charged with treason

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
manda said:
Ocean Breeze said:
manda said:
Ocean Breeze said:

bravo.

common sense governing? well, wouldn't that just blow the worlds politicians out of the water :p Funny how the things that seem to make the most sense are exactly the things that world leaders seem to avoid. Purposely perhaps? meh, goverments as they are just make me want to vomit.

I "swear" that when politicians go to "politician" school , the first thing they are taught (brainwashed) is to forget common sense and logic. Next they are orientated /hooked up to the spin machine........ and the end product is a cunning , manipulative ,lying SOB. Whom we , are foolish enough to vote into power. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Canucklehead said:
manda said:
Lets all move to mars and start over.

Seeing as Men are from Mars, I bet you'd like that, wouldntcha ;)

My vote is for Venus :p
:lol: :lol:

jolly good stuff folks. First item on the agenda: Construct a fast tram between both planets.. :wink:

another idea might be to send the US to Mars.......or better still Pluto.....and they can rule a US Plutonian empire to their hearts content.