Free speech petitioners told they'll be 'locked up' at college

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
more from our leftoid triggered friends:

Several students at the College of DuPage were told to cease or be "locked up" Friday as they attempted to collect signatures for a petition urging the school to improve its free speech policies.

The two students, along with an advisor from Turning Point USA who was helping them organize a chapter at DuPage, were on campus inviting passersby to sign up for the club and/or sign the petition—and were also distributing pocket Constitutions and non-partisan flyers stating the “America is a free speech zone”—when they were approached by campus police.

"[Y]ou can’t do it out here, otherwise I’m going to have to lock you up."

Joseph Enders, a student at the college, told Campus Reform that he has been attempting to start a TPUSA club for some time, but has had difficulty meeting the school’s requirements for an official student organization. For its part, the College recounts instructing him on the process for starting a new club, but says it has never received the necessary documents from him.

more intensifying here

Free speech petitioners told they'll be 'locked up' at DuPage

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Omigawd. They must be commies or worse yet, Muzzies. Free speech? Can you imagine if we allowed such a thing in society today?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
This is the organizational branch that those students want to start:

Turning Point USA

Interestingly, these students oppose government but want to stay and spread their message at a government sponsored school.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Just imagine if President Obama's request for free two year college tuition had been granted - these freeloaders would still be complaining and calling him a commie.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What was it Voltaire said?

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

But for the gopher........it's all about defending Obama and his legacy....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Terrible. I think people who peaceably assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances ought to be charged as terrorists and sent to Gitmo.*

* But only when I disapprove of their message.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Thread of the Year!

Delusional right wingers, like the Tea Baggers who inspire them, HATE big government:

But they go to a public school where their education is subsidized by taxpayers!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The idealism of youth combined with the fringe elements of right wing nonsense
What a combination. If they had free tuition half would be opposed and the other
half would drop their placards and sign up for it

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The idealism of youth.
Really? Who'd'a thunk the idealism of youth had such a problem with basic human rights like freedom of speech and expression?

Life is going to kick the a$$ of many a graduate when they enter real life and discover it isn't some f*cking liberal arts university campus.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Thread of the Year!

Delusional right wingers, like the Tea Baggers who inspire them, HATE big government:

But they go to a public school where their education is subsidized by taxpayers!

Public Schools are "big government"?

Looks like you need an education.