Muhammad tops charts as No. 1 baby name in UK

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Muhammad tops charts as No. 1 baby name in UK

The most popular name for baby boys in the UK is Muhammad, according to a new chart for 2014 compiled by BabyCentre. The name, also spelled as Mohammed and often given after the Muslim prophet, has seen an enormous gain in popularity, jumping 27 ranks.

“Traditionally Mohammed is often given to the first-born boy in Muslim families,” managing editor at parenting website BabyCentre, Sarah Redshaw, told the Mirror. “The increase of other Arabic names in the top 100 shows the ever-increasing diversity of the UK today.”

The name surged from its 27th place in 2013 to number one, beating Oliver, Jack, and Noah, according to the website’s chart. Prior to reaching number one on the national level, the name Muhammad received a top spot in London.

BabyCentre says it “combines names that sound the same but have different spellings,” without which the list could display a different picture.

Other trending baby boy names for Brits included Teddy, as it climbed the most in 2014. Kian and Jonathan were the highest new entries, followed by Omar, Ali, and Ibrahim further down the list.

The top baby girl name was Sophia. The Arabic female name Nur made its first appearance on the list this year, taking the 29th spot.

British parents have also been influenced by celebrities. For example, the popularity of the name Miley fell after pop star Miley Cyrus’ controversial behavior, the chart suggested.

Meanwhile, names from the hit TV show Game of Thrones – such as Emilia, Daenerys, and Tyrion – gained in popularity.

The list of popular baby names is compiled every year by BabyCentre. Below is a list of the UK’s 10 most popular baby names for 2014:

1. Mohammed 2. Oliver 3. Jack 4. Noah 5. Jacob 6. Charlie 7. Harry 8. Joshua 9. James 10. Ethan

1. Sophia 2. Emily 3. Lily 4. Olivia 5. Amelia 6. Isla 7. Isabella 8. Ava 9. Sophie 10. Chloe

source: http://rt.com/uk/210247-muhammad-top-uk-baby-name/

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
BL will be pissed. That makes it worthwhile. :D

Nothing makes it worthwile. There should be no excuse for such a name to be the top of the baby name list and it's time action was taken to stop it happening next year. It's time to put Jack or Harry back on top.

Also, I hate Muslim kids. They make me feel dirty just by going near them, what with their lack of hygiene and the fact they are endlessly coughing and spluttering. I have to keep a wide berth to avoid contracting their TB.

The only thing they are useful for is to terrify them with the dog when I take it for walkies. It's great fun and cheers me up when I'm all muddy and wet. I still remember that time I was walking across the big field next to the golf course and I thought me and the dog were the only ones there. The dog then ran towards a bush to have a sniff around near it and all of a sudden a group of little Muslim boys came climbing out of the bush, as if from nowwhere, screaming in terror, before they took flight with their annoying little skull caps on and those dresses they wear. Goodness knows what they were doing in that bush, but it was hilarious to see them running in terror when the dog approached.

It's great to walk the dog in an Islamic town like Bolton. Just to see the Muslims running across the road to the opposite pavement as you approach with the dog is a sight to behold. You could clear a whole street just by walking the dog down it.

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Nothing makes it worthwile.

Sure it does.

Also, I hate Muslim kids. They make me feel dirty just by going near them, what with their lack of hygiene and the fact they are endlessly coughing and spluttering. I have to keep a wide berth to avoid contracting their TB.
It showcases what a skeevy little racist prick you are.

The only thing they are useful for is to terrify them with the dog when I take it for walkies. It's great fun and cheers me up when I'm all muddy and wet. I still remember that time I was walking across the big field next to the golf course and I thought me and the dog were the only ones there. The dog then ran towards a bush to have a sniff around near it and all of a sudden a group of little Muslim boys came climbing out of the bush, as if from nowwhere, screaming in terror, before they took flight with their annoying little skull caps on and those dresses they wear. Goodness knows what they were doing in that bush, but it was hilarious to see them running in terror when the dog approached.

It's great to walk the dog in an Islamic town like Bolton. Just to see the Muslims running across the road to the opposite pavement as you approach with the dog is a sight to behold. You could clear a whole street just by walking the dog down it.
Terrifying children. Wow. You're "all man" aren't you? :roll:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sure it does.

Well, yes, by BNP-Lite standards. Ordinarily they need at least six and a skinful of warm beer to attack a non-white person in the streets.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, yes, by BNP-Lite standards. Ordinarily they need at least six and a skinful of warm beer to attack a non-white person in the streets.

And that's coming from the anti-Semite.

Sure it does.

No, it doesn't. There are no good excuses for a name like Muhammad to be top of the UK baby names list for boys. A good British name like Jack (which usually tops the list), Harry or George should be there. Not a name like Muhammad.

It showcases that nothing is funnier to see the Muslims scampering as fast as they can to the opposite pavement whenever my dog approaches. The funniest time, though, was then the dog managed to clear a whole bush full of little Muslim kids. Hilarious, I tell you.

And there's nothing "racist" in keeping a wide berth from somebody to avoid contracting their TB. It's actually just pure common sense.

I don't terrify all children. Just the Muslim ones. Non-Muslims have a more mature attitude towards dogs. And most of the time it isn't intentional. I'm just taking the dog for a walk (whilst having to avoid the spots of spit all down the street because the Muslim men keep spitting all down it every two yards). Not my fault that the town is infested with Muslims and that they have a strange attitude to dogs.

They don't seem to mind goats, though. I was walking through a Muslim neighbourhood near my home the other night and they keep goats in their backyards. All that could be heard was the sound of neighing coming from the backyards. I'm assuming they keep goats to slaughter to stick in their curries. They never get a knock on the door from the RSPCA, though, like any non-Muslim would if they kept a goat in their back yard. As Muslims they get away with it.

I'm telling you, these people are turning Britain into a Third World, medieval country. The sounds of goats neighing into the night air was surreal.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
How many years in a row has this been the #1 name in the UK now?

It's the first time that Muhammad has been the most popular name for boys in Britain. Jack is usually the No1 name for boys in Britain. Last year, however, Jack was overtaken by Oliver as the most popular boys' name.

Most popular boys' names in the UK, 2013

1. Oliver
2. Jack
3. Harry
4. Jacob
5. Charlie
6. Thomas
7. Oscar
8. William
9. James
10. George
11. Alfie
12. Joshua
13. Noah
14. Ethan
15. Muhammad

The top 100 baby names in England and Wales in 2013 | News | The Guardian

It's a sad state of affairs when great British names like Harry, Jack, Oliver and Charlie get overtaken by bloody Muhammad.

Since last year, Muhammad has somehow managed to jump 14 places up the chart. But, then again, Muslim women do give birth to about 15 kids a year (and then claim hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of benefits from the British taxpayer for them all).

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Boy or girl, I hope that Kate and Harry name their upcoming baby Muhammad

Rumours are abounding that if it's a girl, they will name her after William's mother, and Kate's mother-in-law, Princess Diana. The rumours are that she will be called Elizabeth Diana Windsor (odds of 10/1). Victoria is the 12/1 second favourite if it's a girl.

If it's a boy, James is the 11/1 favourite.

So expect either a new Princess Elizabeth or a new Prince James arriving in 2015.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's the first time ever that Muhammad has topped the boys' baby name charts in Britain.

Next year, UK most popular names list..

1. Muhammad
2. Aamir
3. Usman
4. Nimra
5. Rehan
6. A'idah
7. Eshal
8. Manha
9. A'shadieeyah
10. Oliver
11. Jack
12. Harry
13. Jacob
14. Charlie
15. Thomas

The UK is turning into the Mecca of Europe.. with Islamic ghettos to boot.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Are white women having kids or they are too good for that?

White women tend not to have as many kids as Muslim women do. And when they do, most of them uisually have husbands who woke to provide a living, whereas most Muslims don't work and claim benefits.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

It's the copious amounts of beer. They put hair on his chest and give him that 'manly' smell along with the cigarette smoke.

I wonder though, BL, with the disheveled hair, facial stubble, ripped jeans, biker jacket, bandana and and all, along with your rocking from side to side trying to stay standing, if they're running away from the dog or your 'manly' demeanor.

How dare they practice freedom of religion? You'd think the UK respected human rights or something. How terrible.