Transgender student files complaint against Christian university

Locutus
for not letting him live in male dorms

via bcf

A female-to-male transgender student has filed a discrimination complaint against his Christian university, claiming the school must allow him to live in men’s dormitories regardless of its theological principles.

George Fox University released a statement on Friday claiming that allowing the student, named Jayce, to live in on-campus male housing would interfere with its efforts “to be a Christ-centered community.”

“Our residential facilities are single gender because of our theological commitments,” it continues.

more

Transgender student files complaint against Christian university for not letting him live in male dorms

“If we decide to go to George Fox knowing full well like the stance, then we should follow those rules,” freshman Mckenna Miner said in an interview with KOMO News.

ya think?

oh, unless there is an intentional squeaky reason to go there. surely that wouldn't be the case though. surely not.

Twila
Quote:

oh, unless there is an intentional squeaky reason to go there. surely that wouldn't be the case though. surely not.

Which squeaky reason?

Locutus
+1
the instigator rule

EagleSmack
Slap suit her back.

Trouble maker

Twila
I'd think he'd be more comfortable in a women's dorm. Unless methane is his preferred gas of choice.

The Old Medic
+1
Another person trying to destroy Christianity, and everything that it stands for.

If he doesn't want to follow the rules of a Christian University, the answer is really very simple:

Just do not attend that school!

EagleSmack
She knew what she was doing. She'll lose.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

She knew what she was doing. She'll lose.

Of course hesheit will lose. But it's nice of the good folk here to give hesheit some of the attention hesheit is so desperate for.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Of course hesheit will lose. But it's nice of the good folk here to give hesheit some of the attention hesheit is so desperate for.

We must! It is the way.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

We must! It is the way.

Well, it gives the ones you so perceptively call "the weak and miserable" something to shriek about.

And by the way, it was wrong of me to say "hesheit," and I hereby apologise.

The correct form is sheithe, sometimes abbreviated WTF.

EagleSmack

Well, it gives the ones you so perceptively call "the weak and miserable" something to shriek about.

Exactly... with little chance of serious reprisal.

Twila

But it's nice of the good folk here to give hesheit some of the attention hesheit is so desperate for.

Would giving him attention be such a bad thing? If his mind is unable to wrap itself around the logic of why this fight is not worth fighting then maybe this attention will help inform him or others thinking this path is walkable.

This is not directed at only you, Tecumsehsbones, but intended as a more general question.

Sal
Not being a big cause fighter, I never get this type of behaviour.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Which squeaky reason?

Should have seen the Sikh going thru Cdn Military Basic Training. Had 24 access to a phone and lawyers ready on the other end.
Fact, not fiction.

Locutus
+1
the 'just because i'm a whiny a s s h o l e' accommodation of some twerp should be met with a 'take off eh'.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Should have seen the Sikh going thru Cdn Military Basic Training. Had 24 access to a phone and lawyers ready on the other end.
Fact, not fiction.

Which is total BS.

Would giving him attention be such a bad thing? If his mind is unable to wrap itself around the logic of why this fight is not worth fighting then maybe this attention will help inform him or others thinking this path is walkable.

This is not directed at only you, Tecumsehsbones, but intended as a more general question.

The worst thing you can do is give her attention. But since she brought lawyers into the fray for yet another attack on a Christian institution.

I tell you this... if it was a public college they would do the same thing. Who the f* wants her for a room mate?

gerryh

Fact, not fiction.

Did he need it?

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
Let him live in the boys dorm. This is a person who decided to change their gender because they obviously were uncomfortable in their own skin. It must be extremely tough to do this and even harder when those around you discriminate against you. Who makes this decision lightly, I feel for anyone faced with this. What are they afraid of? That he might convince the boys to become women.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Did he need it?

No he did not.
I know the instructors.
I listened to a CBC interview a few days ago of a retiring Saskatoon Police Officer the other day.
He had left school, in trouble etc.
Joined the Military. The PPCLI as a matter of fact.
He stated that the soldiers he served with gave not a whit to your color, religion and such. They cared about if you could be a soldier. No tolerance for those that could not carry their fair share.
They judged him on his abilities, not the other crap.
Yes he was Aboriginal.
Retired as a police officer after 30 years or so.

Twila

The worst thing you can do is give her attention. But since she brought lawyers into the fray for yet another attack on a Christian institution.

I tell you this... if it was a public college they would do the same thing. Who the f* wants her for a room mate?

Thanks for engaging, Eagle. This may sound totally flaky and dumb but...why do you think it`s the worst thing?

I'm of 2 minds about giving attention. On the one hand he is clearly needing some kind of attention. On the other attention, at least the kind he is generating for himself, is only pandering to a wrong kind of need.

Fact, not fiction.

Tell me more. I don't know this story.

gerryh

No he did not.
I know the instructors.
I listened to a CBC interview a few days ago of a retiring Saskatoon Police Officer the other day.
He had left school, in trouble etc.
Joined the Military. The PPCLI as a matter of fact.
He stated that the soldiers he served with gave not a whit to your color, religion and such. They cared about if you could be a soldier. No tolerance for those that could not carry their fair share.
They judged him on his abilities, not the other crap.
Yes he was Aboriginal.
Retired as a police officer after 30 years or so.

Thought you said he was Sikh?

and if he didn't need the lawyers, then why bring it up, stir the racial pot much?

Serryah
+5
#22  Top Rated Post
I'm of two minds about this.

One, the person is transgender; anyone who calls him "she" or "hesheit" is way, way beyond rude. He is a he and always has been, nature just went and fked up and he's trying to fix that wrong.

That said, he's an idiot for wanting to go to this school. They have every right to dictate the rules of their University and if you don't like it, don't go, pick another one more GLBT friendly. Stuff like this irks the holy hell out of me.

EagleSmack
+2

Thanks for engaging, Eagle. This may sound totally flaky and dumb but...why do you think it`s the worst thing?

I'm of 2 minds about giving attention. On the one hand he is clearly needing some kind of attention. On the other attention, at least the kind he is generating for himself, is only pandering to a wrong kind of need.

She applies for a Christian school and is admitted as a Freshman. I am making some assumptions here but seeing that this school year is about over I imagine this is for the upcoming Fall 2014 Semester. Now right out of the gate she is saying she wants to be in the boys dorms regardless of the rules. She is a woman and the dorms are separated between men and women. She does not care about the school rules and wants it her way.

She already has lawyers working on this. She is doing this for the attention.

petros
Selfish bitch.

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Let him live in the boys dorm. This is a person who decided to change their gender because they obviously were uncomfortable in their own skin.

It's also a person who decided to attend a CHRISTIAN university. I don't see why a Christian University should ignore its Christian rules just to suit its pupils. He should learn to abide by the rules, and should have thought twice before attending a Christian university.

Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

I'm of two minds about this.

One, the person is transgender; anyone who calls him "she" or "hesheit" is way, way beyond rude. He is a he and always has been,

By reading the article, I learned that he was actually born a she. There's a reason he's a transsexual. And that's because he changed his gender.

captain morgan
+1

She applies for a Christian school and is admitted as a Freshman. I am making some assumptions here but seeing that this school year is about over I imagine this is for the upcoming Fall 2014 Semester. Now right out of the gate she is saying she wants to be in the boys dorms regardless of the rules. She is a woman and the dorms are separated between men and women. She does not care about the school rules and wants it her way.

She already has lawyers working on this. She is doing this for the attention.

Makes you wonder how the law would react if a student attending a private, non-religious college demanded that the school reorganize their curriculum, facilities and living arrangements to accommodate their individual needs in the name of 'Rights and Freedoms'

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

By reading the article, I learned that he was actually born a she. There's a reason he's a transsexual. And that's because he changed his gender.

Thus showing your ignorance of what a Transgender person is; TG is not just the "change of one's gender" but more than that. It's fixing a mistake made by nature (or, as some would say, God). It's years of therapy to accept that it's okay to be TG. Years of abuse to get past from family, friends and strangers. Saying it's just a matter of "changing the gender" is over-simplifying just how complicated it is.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It's also a person who decided to attend a CHRISTIAN university. I don't see why a Christian University should ignore its Christian rules just to suit its pupils. He should learn to abide by the rules, and should have thought twice before attending a Christian university.

I wonder if this is the only school she could attend or the only school that would accept her.

EagleSmack

I wonder if this is the only school she could attend or the only school that would accept her.

I doubt it. It is a private college so I am sure she had other options.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Makes you wonder how the law would react if a student attending a private, non-religious college demanded that the school reorganize their curriculum, facilities and living arrangements to accommodate their individual needs in the name of 'Rights and Freedoms'

The same way although it probably would not make the news. I am just picking a school but I bet if Ohio St. had this issue it would be strait out no.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

Thus showing your ignorance of what a Transgender person is;

No, I'm not. Transgender means you have changed your gender. This guy was born a girl and then became a boy. It's as simple as that.

Quote:

It's fixing a mistake made by nature (or, as some would say, God).

God doesn't make mistakes. There were no mistakes. This person was born a female. He should have been a female.

no new posts