Small B.C. Interior First Nation takes aboriginal-title fight to Canada's highest cou

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Small B.C. Interior First Nation takes aboriginal-title fight to Canada's highest court

By PETER O’NEIL, Vancouver Sun
OTTAWA — The public need not fear "havoc" if it supports the Tsilhqot'in First Nation claim to a large area of B.C. interior land, the Supreme Court of Canada was told Thursday.

The assertion was made in a hearing that could lead to one of the most important court decisions on aboriginal rights in Canadian history.

Canada's highest court has heard land title cases for 40 years but has never made a determination that a specific First Nation has title to Canadian land.

"This is the right case and right time to find a way forward in the process of reconciliation," said David Roseberg, who is representing plaintiff Roger William of the Tsilhqot'in (also known as Chilcotin) First Nation.

Both Rosenberg and Joe Arvay, representing the Assembly of First Nations, dismissed warnings from the B.C. Business Council that a declaration that a large area of land is under aboriginal control would create a devastating economic chill....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
These issues have been ignored for far too long.

Who knows what the outcome will be, but getting this process on the move is a must for BC
I agree, not to mention the economic benefits to the Tsilhqot'in. So long as the are isn't inundated with eco nuts and the perpetually whiny tree huggers.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I agree, not to mention the economic benefits to the Tsilhqot'in. So long as the are isn't inundated with eco nuts and the perpetually whiny tree huggers.

This might get even more interesting with respect to individuals within the tribe (is that an offensive term?) getting title to the property.... You'll go from ecotards making their demands to convoys of capitalists looking to get into the mix.

These poor folks have no idea what they are in for

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This might get even more interesting with respect to individuals within the tribe (is that an offensive term?) getting title to the property.... You'll go from ecotards making their demands to convoys of capitalists looking to get into the mix.
It's not offensive to me, lol.

These poor folks have no idea what they are in for
I don't know why, but the saying "A fool and his money are quickly parted" came to mind as I read your post.

If they win, asking Chief Louie for some sound advice would be an incredibly smart first move.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
It's not offensive to me, lol.

I appreciate the response... I just don't know (other than the obvious) what is deemed appropriate these days.

I don't know why, but the saying "A fool and his money are quickly parted" came to mind as I read your post.

If they win, asking Chief Louie for some sound advice would be an incredibly smart first move.

No Shyte... The wolves will rally forth.

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
These issues have been ignored for far too long.

Who knows what the outcome will be, but getting this process on the move is a must for BC

I disagree. The Indians in this country have only made these land claims after the land has been developed by our people. Land was fought for and we won. If they want the land, then give it back as it was 200 years ago, undeveloped then. This land claims and wrongs has gone on long enough, and time these people moved on and lived in the future, can't do that by living in the past and whining as they do. What about the wrongs the native perpetrated onto others, including their own people. Many people have been wronged throughout history, including the white man, you do not hear them whining. The Indians have been whining for decades, have enjoyed government handouts, kids being paid to go to school, etc,and it has done them no good. Why? Because they have no want to better themselves.
I am tired of their whining, paying their way, and these bloody land claim bull.

This man has the right attitude and one we should adopt, and the USA as well, because the over 50% of people in both countries feel this way

https://www.facebook.com/#https://www.facebook.com/#

Martin Roberts
FollowFollowing · https://www.facebook.com/#October 11 https://www.facebook.com/#

Vladimir Putin's Speech

I would suggest that not only our leaders but every citizen of Canada should pay attention to this advice.
Putin’s Speech August 04, 2013
This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin.......

How scary is that?

On August 04, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,
(Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia :

"In Russia live like Russians.

Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia,
should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws.
If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim's then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.

Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture .

We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities Are Not Russians.

The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Indians in this country have only made these land claims after the land has been developed by our people.
A recent multi million dollar claim settlement in Ontario, puts lie to the absurdity of your claim.

Land was fought for and we won.
Recorded and proven Canadian history puts lie to the absurdity of that claim as well.

We've had a treaty system since the time of King George.

Unless of course you want to encompass criminal acts into your assertion.

If they want the land, then give it back as it was 200 years ago, undeveloped then.
Lets go back 400 years, and you can take your poisons and toxins with you.

Bye bye now.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
C'mon! It's way easier just to blame it all on the Indians!

Half truths, outright lies and ignorance, the basis of a good absurd post.

makes for some lively Saturday morning conversation.

Maybe I'll start spiking my coffee a bit and when the booze gets a strong grip, I can really unleash some unplugged comments (credits to shiny pony on the unplugged thingy).

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
makes for some lively Saturday morning conversation.

Maybe I'll start spiking my coffee a bit and when the booze gets a strong grip, I can really unleash some unplugged comments (credits to shiny pony on the unplugged thingy).

Ugh! Captain! If you're going to 'credit' the uplugged thing, at least credit Nirvana! ;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wasn't it Eric Clapton that got that whole thing started?

Could be, I honestly don't remember, lol. But I do remember that Nirvana's Unplugged was really damned cool. :D

Actually according to Wiki, it was Jethro Tull.

The first rock artist to perform in an "unplugged" mode on MTV was Jethro Tull, who, on November 17, 1987 as an acoustic trio (Ian Anderson, Dave Pegg, and Martin Barre), performed a portion of "Serenade to a Cuckoo" and "Skating Away (On the Thin Ice of the New Day)".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Unplugged

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I disagree. The Indians in this country have only made these land claims after the land has been developed by our people. Land was fought for and we won. If they want the land, then give it back as it was 200 years ago, undeveloped then. This land claims and wrongs has gone on long enough, and time these people moved on and lived in the future, can't do that by living in the past and whining as they do. What about the wrongs the native perpetrated onto others, including their own people. Many people have been wronged throughout history, including the white man, you do not hear them whining. The Indians have been whining for decades, have enjoyed government handouts, kids being paid to go to school, etc,and it has done them no good. Why? Because they have no want to better themselves.
I am tired of their whining, paying their way, and these bloody land claim bull.

This man has the right attitude and one we should adopt, and the USA as well, because the over 50% of people in both countries feel this way

https://www.facebook.com/#https://www.facebook.com/#

Martin Roberts
FollowFollowing · https://www.facebook.com/#October 11 https://www.facebook.com/#

Vladimir Putin's Speech

I would suggest that not only our leaders but every citizen of Canada should pay attention to this advice.
Putin’s Speech August 04, 2013
This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin.......

How scary is that?

On August 04, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,
(Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia :

"In Russia live like Russians.

Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia,
should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws.
If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim's then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.

Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture .

We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honourable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities Are Not Russians.

The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.

We got another one.
How are you proposing we "undevelop" the land before giving it back?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I agree that this whole land claims industry has to be stopped. All it is doing is making lawyers rich and causing uncertainty in the resource industries. We may not like the results but the ecoterrorists are going to be sadly disappointed if what has been happening on the coast is any indicator.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
You could give in and give them everything they want and a year later they would STILL want more and and federal money because of what happen 200 years ago....I was thinking of going back to my homeland a beg for my great great great grandfathers land back because it was taken away by EVIL people ....... give it all back and see what happens ...LOL