Liberal Columbia Professor Who Rails Against White Racists Is Attacked

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
By Black Mob In Harlem

via zip:

Columbia professor Dr. Prabhjot Singh calls himself a “leader in speaking out against white supremacy.”
Via BuzzFeed:
Dr. Prabhjot Singh, a Columbia University professor, had just dropped his wife and his 1-year-old son off at home on Saturday night when he went for a short walk with his friend to the north of Central Park in Harlem, he explains. They were walking past a group of 25 to 30 young men, many of whom had bikes, when he heard, “Get him!” as well as “Osama” and “terrorist” being yelled.

Someone grabbed his beard and he was hit on the chin. All of the bikes began to mobilize and he started to run. The assailants on bikes started taking swipes at his head and a couple hit him in the chest. He was punched in the face repeatedly and he fell. That’s when the group converged on him, hitting him in the head over and over again.

There wasn’t much going through his mind at the time. He tried to protect himself while the punches rained down on his head as his body lay on the sidewalk. That’s when bystanders came to his aid.

In his first comments since the brutal attack, Singh tells BuzzFeed that he doesn’t remember much about the suspects — except that most were African-American — yet he says the police investigation and catching the attackers is not foremost on his mind.

Keep reading…

zip link

Sikh-American Columbia University Professor Beaten In Apparent Hate Crime As Suspects Yelled "Osama"

Last edited:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
He was probally saying " Thank you, may i please have another oh good black person"... :lol: Just as long as your not white and attacking me because thats a major crime.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I understand that facts are not your forte Locutus but perhaps you could provide a quote where this guy "rails against whites racists". Of course, I'm not saying he hasn't, just that none of those silly websites the thread links to provides anything substantive.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
My understanding is that he got a s s whopped by a bunch of blacks. ..................perhaps whilst "railing"..........hoonose??!!:lol:

Harlem would be a good place to find a "black mob"...............railing or no.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just out of curiosity, what does the attack on Professor Singh have to do with his views on white supremacism?

Are those of you who are obviously so happy that the professor was hurt of the opinion that the attack in some way contradicts his points about white supremacism?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Just out of curiosity, what does the attack on Professor Singh have to do with his views on white supremacism?

Are those of you who are obviously so happy that the professor was hurt of the opinion that the attack in some way contradicts his points about white supremacism?

The Buzzfeed article was a good one. He sounds like an intelligent man with a great amount of faith and concern for his communities.

I think most of the 'ha, he got his' slant comes from a second article, but, I couldn't get anything but the Buzzfeed article to open.

I like your point about wanting to see him hurt for having contradicting views.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

His views were mentioned in the OP . Showing the contrast. As in Eng.Lit 101.........make it interesting for us to read and go.............OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Martha, lookathis !!! They beat him up and HE SUPPORTS THEM !!!! Holy **** Martha.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Nothing in that article was him 'railing against white racists' just to be clear. It was him directly addressing the issue of self proclaimed white supremacists committing actual acts against Sikhs. I don't quite get how it makes it funny or 'ironic' that he got beat up.

His views were mentioned in the OP . Showing the contrast. As in Eng.Lit 101.........make it interesting for us to read and go.............OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Martha, lookathis !!! They beat him up and HE SUPPORTS THEM !!!! Holy **** Martha.

He's never expressed any view about black people from what I can read. And he hasn't expressed any views against white people, either, only white supremacists groups.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Disliking white supremacists necessarily corresponds with supporting black criminals in your mind?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OP link fixed:

here

and the related link from that page:

Recently a Columbia professor took a walk along Harlem’s Malcolm X Boulevard. The professor, who is a Skih with an Indian background, is a classic smug liberal. He is a “leader in speaking out against White Supremacy.” He speaks the right words, walks the correct walk, probably smokes the right cigarettes; yet on this stroll through “his” neighborhood he discovered he was just another enemy of the local people who seem willing to hate with impunity.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/liberal-white-hating-professor-beaten-blacks-harlem/

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
OP link fixed:

here

and the related link from that page:

Recently a Columbia professor took a walk along Harlem’s Malcolm X Boulevard. The professor, who is a Skih with an Indian background, is a classic smug liberal. He is a “leader in speaking out against White Supremacy.” He speaks the right words, walks the correct walk, probably smokes the right cigarettes; yet on this stroll through “his” neighborhood he discovered he was just another enemy of the local people who seem willing to hate with impunity.

Liberal White-Hating Professor Beaten By Blacks In Harlem

uh-huh. Am I the only white person who doesn't take offense when someone who isn't white doesn't like White Supremacists? Personally, I don't like them either.

I think you have to be a special kind of twisted to think that someone from a community who have seen family and friends lost to white supremacist attacks, should just keep their mouth shut about it.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I find it weird that he would be up and out against one form of racism....

But after being the victim of a hate crime from another ethnicity he casually called off the whole thing, as nothing more than just a g thang....

White supremacy is a horrible incarnation of racism but so is the kind of racism the person in the story experienced....

If i myself were in his shoes and i truly felt the way he does then id be up in those kids neighbourhoods preaching about the racism that is obviously present in the community he was attacked in...

But alas, hes keeping it tight with the homies... Because white supremacists are the common enemy....

Because racism is racism no matter who the parties are?

Its hard to be a real crusader in this day and age.... And this guy is a crusader with an agenda in my opinion.

Last edited: