Six shot, at least three dead, near Santa Monica College : Obama not hit

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Six shot, at least three dead, near Santa Monica College minutes after President Obama's motorcade passed by

The California college has been placed on lockdown, and the reportedly wounded suspect was found in the school's library and is now in custody. The Secret Service said that the shooting did not impact the President's travel schedule

Six people have been shot, at least three fatally, near Santa Monica College on Friday.

According to unconfirmed reports, the shootings began during a domestic dispute at a home on the 2000 block of Yorkshire Ave. Neighbors described hearing multiple gunshots coming from a home that was engulfed in flames.

A man dressed in all black and carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic weapon left the home where neighbors said a Lebanese family lived, shot a woman in a car, and carjacked a purple Mazda and headed toward the campus.

The gunman, who witnesses said was dressed in "swat gear" and was carrying multiple rounds of ammunition, then got out of the car and began firing at passing vehicles, including a city bus and a police car.

The suspect then fled police and ran onto the Santa Monica College campus where he shot one woman, and fired at several students at the school's library.

“Everyone threw themselves on the floor, screams,” student Marta Fagerstroem, who was on the bus, told NBC4. “The bus driver, she panicked. She couldn’t drive away. She was able to, after a while.”

Read more: Six killed, three injured near Santa Monica College minutes after President Obama's motorcade passed by - NY Daily News

Events are still unfolding as they have one in custody and one shooter dead.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A reporter just asked a survivor: "did you ever think something like this would happen to you?"8O

oh yeah absolutely.... what a stupid effing question

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Of course there is no problem with semi automatic weapons, is there?
There is when fanatics and crazy people have them with ease of access.
No it won't stop this element but it might slow them down. Hears a thought.
Make a law that says, the person selling the gun is responsible, just like a
person who lets someone drive drunk can be held responsible. If you allow
a drunk to leave after a party at your place there can be hell to pay.
Why not with guns? You sell a gun and the person is nuts or a religious fanatic
who wants to kill people and you are held responsible. Maybe it could work.
How many people would take extra measures before selling anyone a gun?
Just a thought.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
America is a different place than Canada, yes we have gun violence but nothing the like
of what we see in the land of unlimited guns. No wonder Americans are afraid of their
own shadow when it comes to terrorists and other crazies. After all the US Congress is
afraid of the NRA. With a stroke of the pen that out of control organization could be
neutered

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
America is a different place than Canada, yes we have gun violence but nothing the like
of what we see in the land of unlimited guns. No wonder Americans are afraid of their
own shadow when it comes to terrorists and other crazies. After all the US Congress is
afraid of the NRA. With a stroke of the pen that out of control organization could be
neutered

Don't hate..

You can join too.. ;)

NRA Online Membership

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Of course there is no problem with semi automatic weapons, is there?
There is when fanatics and crazy people have them with ease of access.
No it won't stop this element but it might slow them down. Hears a thought.
Make a law that says, the person selling the gun is responsible, just like a
person who lets someone drive drunk can be held responsible. If you allow
a drunk to leave after a party at your place there can be hell to pay.
Why not with guns? You sell a gun and the person is nuts or a religious fanatic
who wants to kill people and you are held responsible. Maybe it could work.
How many people would take extra measures before selling anyone a gun?
Just a thought.

Semi autos are probably the most popular action type in both the USA and Canada.

I love it!!!

ha. Strangely that is probably the easiest way for those against the NRA to get rid of it. Join it and destroy it from within. Im surprised they havent tried yet. Their membership is surprisingly small for the influence it has.

Their membership is over five million.

Find me another special interest group, any special interest group, that has five million individuals as members.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Find me another special interest group, any special interest group, that has five million individuals as members.

NAMBLA? LOL, I'm kidding.

I personally have nothing against responsible people owning firearms of their choice (within limits) but the NRA seems to think it should be a market economy devoid of any legislation.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Best weapon I ever had was a Belgian made Browning .12 ga. semi auto. Load in 2 seconds, pull the plug out and shoot 5 so fast it would have been hard to count. (Browning light 12). Never jammed, ever, -10 in duck blinds, and it never jammed.

Never crossed my mind to kill people with it........................well, yanno.:roll:..........never REALLY crossed my mind.

Probably the only thing better would have been a .12 with a rotary mag..................not really suited to the duck blind.:lol:

Maybe a gattling.........................

ah shlt, grenades.

Seems to be more than an ample supply of nutbars who take advantage of loose gun laws. Hope I never meet one. (sold the Browning)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Best weapon I ever had was a Belgian made Browning .12 ga. semi auto. Load in 2 seconds, pull the plug out and shoot 5 so fast it would have been hard to count. (Browning light 12). Never jammed, ever, -10 in duck blinds, and it never jammed.

Never crossed my mind to kill people with it........................well, yanno.:roll:..........never REALLY crossed my mind.

Probably the only thing better would have been a .12 with a rotary mag..................not really suited to the duck blind.:lol:

Maybe a gattling.........................

ah shlt, grenades.

Seems to be more than an ample supply of nutbars who take advantage of loose gun laws. Hope I never meet one. (sold the Browning)

Was that an Auto 5?? The one where the barrel itself moves back under recoil?? Very nice.

John Moses Browning was a genius.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Semi autos are probably the most popular action type in both the USA and Canada.

I love it!!!

Their membership is over five million.

5 million in a country of over three hundred million. As a percentage of the population that is quite small. If all of the lobby groups are that small or smaller they must be really efficient. The amount of power they all have is way out of proportion to their actual size.

Then again Im told the amount of people in Canada who are members of a political party is only about 1-2%. Also surprisingly low for the power they have.

Ha. I guess you can say this picture shows both sides. Some tribes gave up their weapons. Others fought - and lost. If the government wanted to forcibly disarm people it could with relative ease as these people found out.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A reporter just asked a survivor: "did you ever think something like this would happen to you?"8O

oh yeah absolutely.... what a stupid effing question

Reporters can be like that! Some people talk because they have something to say and others talk because they have to say something.- :)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
neutered
Yeah. Let's put the guvmint in charge of everything.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
ha. Strangely that is probably the easiest way for those against the NRA to get rid of it. Join it and destroy it from within. Im surprised they havent tried yet. Their membership is surprisingly small for the influence it has.
That was already done, and the NRA who used to be for background checks for everyone wanting to buy a gun was taken over by the extreme right wing. As for influence remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.