So, What's Your Perspectrum Of Canada? About/For Anything Canadian.

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

What's your Perspectrum Of Canada ?

Constantly changing.

Quote:

What would be your perfect Canada?..

A lot fewer idiots and a lot less politics.

Quote:

What Do You like?

At the moment, lunch.

Quote:

What Would You Change?

Whatever needs it.

Quote:

Complaints?

See my reply to your 2nd question.

Quote:

Rants?

See my reply to your 2nd question.

Quote:

Anything?

I like living where I am. It just happens to be my favorite spot in Canuckville despite all the peripheral crap that Canada is about.

GreenFish66
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Should Harper be making a one sided deal with China?

XL Pipeline a Good idea?

In your opinion, who is the hardest working politician? Most favourable politician? Worst Politician?

What is something positive about Canada?

What would you change about Canada?

Are there too many political Parties in Canada?

Will Trudeau be the next Liberal Leader/P.M.?

Should McQuinty Run for Federal Liberal Leader?

I know where I stand, as a Canadian Citizen, and Why..

- My Personal Preference

- I could settle for this Canada; with proportional representation(PR)

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...elessness.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...lean-tech.html (external - login to view)

Is the Government Addicted to Gambling Revenues?Who's Regulating the Regulators?

Some examples..

I am an Environmentally Minded Social Conservative.. A Proud Canadian..

...You?
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 30th, 2012 at 04:21 PM..

darkbeaver
+2
[QUOTE=GreenFish66;1666172]__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Quote:

Harper should frack off and Canada should cut all the deals with China that we can. China has real money and gold and good business sense.

Quote:

XL Pipeline a Good idea?

Yes

Quote:

In your opinion, who is the hardest working politician? Most favourable politician? Worst Politician?

Your trick question designed to infer working politicians really exist.

Quote:

We are not as broke as Uncle Sam.

Quote:

A super heavily militarized border complete with hidden maple syrup and sand traps big enough to swallow Ahbrams MK5 tanks.

Quote:

No

Quote:

Maybe

Quote:

Another one won't hurt I suppose

Quote:

I am an Environmentally Minded Social Conservative..

So was Hitler.

...You?

GreenFish66
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Harper should frack off and Canada should cut all the deals with China that we can. China has real money and gold and good business sense.

China has a lot to offer Canada , but I don't see how this deal will help Canada/Canadians?..Except Perhaps by opening the door to more business ..Harper needs to state to Canadians what's in it for us..Many oil deals, yet oil/gas prices keep going up..Canadians continue to get gouged.. I don't call that progress..Only few ever seem to profit..

Your trick question designed to infer working politicians really exist.

Was a Bit of a trick question - Believe it or not there are a few hard working/quality/caring, Politicians .. Elizabeth May being 1. Canada could use more politicians like her

We are not as broke as Uncle Sam.

True

A super heavily militarized border complete with hidden maple syrup and sand traps big enough to swallow Ahbrams MK5 tanks.

lol

So was Hitler.

Comparing me to hitler ? Unfair ..Considering I believe in democracy..And peace, for starters...In the end I am probably the farthest from being anything like Hitler..

Anyway ..Other Than that ..Thanks for your comments/input ...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 30th, 2012 at 05:06 PM..

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

At the moment, lunch.

What did you have?

GreenFish66
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

A lot fewer idiots and a lot less politics.

I would agree we need less politics... In my opinion there are too many political parties/Canada is too political/There are too many unproductive/self serving politicians...

( Although I would probably support PR - Would be more representative of Canadians than the current chaotic system.Current System Is unproductive, and does not represent true Canadian Values..Money Talks..The Rest Walk )

The Left must merge..Orange is too close to red..One and the same..NDP are just liberal "lite"

If we lived in a world free of curruption/self interest/Greed ..etc. ..Perhaps 1 central, Liberal party could work ..But we don't live in a perfect world..Absolute power corrupts, and therefore two parties are necessary..
..Green and Blue...( Vancouver Canuck Colours; L.Gilbert )
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 30th, 2012 at 05:57 PM..

In Between Man
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

SO you view us as a colony of england?

Sorry, allow me to clarify. Here's Canada Now ..In my Personal View..(Perspectrum)

Here's my own Personal Preference:

(da good 'ol days)

darkbeaver

China has a lot to offer Canada , but I don't see how this deal will help Canada/Canadians?..Except Perhaps by opening the door to more business ..Harper needs to state to Canadians what's in it for us..Many oil deals, yet oil/gas prices keep going up..Canadians continue to get gouged.. I don't call that progress..Only few ever seem to profit..

Was a Bit of a trick question - Believe it or not there are a few hard working/quality/caring, Politicians .. Elizabeth May being 1. Canada could use more politicians like her

True

lol

Comparing me to hitler ? Unfair ..Considering I believe in democracy..And peace, for starters...In the end I am probably the farthest from being anything like Hitler..

Anyway ..Other Than that ..Thanks for your comments/input ...

Hitler was up for peace as well. I never actually met Hitler actually. I was tending to bend your way until you made the unfortunate indigestion noise Elizabeth May. What in hell do you think she will do for Canada? She's a professionally greenwashed adherent to the globalist agenda who would gladly have us pay the insane carbon taxes. As far as I know she's saved not so much as one bunny. I thought the Hitler thing was pretty funny. I didn't mean to offend. He's dead you know.

BaalsTears
+1
I like Canada. The men are all stand up guys and the women all know how to party. What's not to like?

GreenFish66
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

Sorry, allow me to clarify. Here's Canada Now ..In my Personal View..(Perspectrum)

lol

Good 1, In between man..

Your Perspectrum of Canada is very colourful...

Hitler was up for peace as well. I never actually met Hitler actually. I was tending to bend your way until you made the unfortunate indigestion noise Elizabeth May. What in hell do you think she will do for Canada? She's a professionally greenwashed adherent to the globalist agenda who would gladly have us pay the insane carbon taxes. As far as I know she's saved not so much as one bunny. I thought the Hitler thing was pretty funny. I didn't mean to offend. He's dead you know.

Elizabeth May is a very Trust Worthy Politician( That would be an oxymoron if it wasn't for the too few good politicians like Ms.May ).She has worked very hard to get where she is...Becoming the First Federally elected Green Party Leader..Quite an achievement.
Seems like Every-time I skim Cpac, Or virtually attend a committee meeting, she is in attendance taking notes and giving her piece/peace.
She is a very involved Lady, of Whom I have had the privilege of meeting during my days in the Green Party(while learning the gist of politics)..The Country needs more Politicians like her..

Her main issue, right now, is this China Deal Harper will probably sign off on...Lady May wants to ensure the deal is good for Canada/Canadians...An issue that could have a huge(negative)impact on Canada's social/economic future for generations to come..Canada/Canadians need to know what this deal will mean for Canada..Elizabeth; speaking on behalf of concerned Canadians, has raised legitimate concerns..

One of my own concerns about this China deal is with wages and labour...I am not a great supporter of oil and the mindless, wasteful, reckless reaping of non-renewable resources, that all too often, comes along with such industries. However,... Oil companies do tend to pay well...
My concern with this china deal, is that once Canada(Harper Gov.) begins to open the door to China (and other/Powerful/"communistic"/"Republican"/"Capitalistic" countries) Oil Labourers wages will begin to fall, along with 1st world living standards, in an attempt to compete with China's industrial business sense(low wage slavery), and Migrant workers will be called in at lower wages( which in turn are higher wages to Chinese workers)....ultimately leading the way to a lower standard of living and collapse of competeing markets.While Gas and Oil prices Canadians Pay will likely continue to rise..

Just 1 concern I have ..

Harper needs to reassure Canadians that this deal is good for Canada and Canadians...Ms.May will make sure these and other Canadian Concerns are confronted..

China and other Countries may have a lot to offer Canada ...But Canadians need to know what those benefits are..

You got me rantin' Dark Beaver ...Way to go ....Just take it as retaliation for your tasteless Hitler Comment.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Why would Capitalistic Marketeers want to invest in a country; like China(Sorry China; No Offense Eh), if it will be at their own countries peril ?
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 31st, 2012 at 05:49 PM..

darkbeaver
+1

lol

Good 1, In between man..

Your Perspectrum of Canada is very colourful...

Elizabeth May is a very Trust Worthy Politician( That would be an oxymoron if it wasn't for the too few good politicians like Ms.May ).She has worked very hard to get where she is...Becoming the First Federally elected Green Party Leader..Quite an achievement.
Seems like Every-time I skim Cpac, Or virtually attend a committee meeting, she is in attendance taking notes and giving her piece/peace.
She is a very involved Lady, of Whom I have had the privilege of meeting during my days in the Green Party(while learning the gist of politics)..The Country needs more Politicians like her..

Her main issue, right now, is this China Deal Harper will probably sign off on...Lady May wants to ensure the deal is good for Canada/Canadians...An issue that could have a huge(negative)impact on Canada's social/economic future for generations to come..Canada/Canadians need to know what this deal will mean for Canada..Elizabeth; speaking on behalf of concerned Canadians, has raised legitimate concerns..

One of my own concerns about this China deal is with wages and labour...I am not a great supporter of oil and the mindless, wasteful, reckless reaping of non-renewable resources, that all too often, comes along with such industries. However,... Oil companies do tend to pay well...
My concern with this china deal, is that once Canada(Harper Gov.) begins to open the door to China (and other/Powerful/"communistic"/"Republican"/"Capitalistic" countries) Oil Labourers wages will begin to fall, along with 1st world living standards, in an attempt to compete with China's industrial business sense(low wage slavery), and Migrant workers will be called in at lower wages( which in turn are higher wages to Chinese workers)....ultimately leading the way to a lower standard of living and collapse of competeing markets.While Gas and Oil prices Canadians Pay will likely continue to rise..

Just 1 concern I have ..

Harper needs to reassure Canadians that this deal is good for Canada and Canadians...Ms.May will make sure these and other Canadian Concerns are confronted..

China and other Countries may have a lot to offer Canada ...But Canadians need to know what those benefits are..

You got me rantin' Dark Beaver ...Way to go ....Just take it as retaliation for your tasteless Hitler Comment.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Why would Capitalistic Marketeers want to invest in a country; like China(Sorry China; No Offense Eh), if it will be at their own countries peril ?

China has a very great big pile of manufacturing capacity the west cannot compete without weapons because that's all we make now
any way. China has lots of gold. Gold is good. Big good. China also has a lot of business history and it can operate empires pretty good and there's lots of skilled Chinese. It's a big country. Those capitalists you mention made China what it is today for the express purpose of sucking the guts out of the west leaving the inhabitants to weak to give chase to the stolen future. I'll remember not to try a Hitler joke on you from here on out. I understand some people don't think Hitler was funny. He 's dead you know so he can't get us It is safe to laugh. Of course you're not anything like Hitler, he was a lot shorter than you.

GreenFish66
Elizabeth May is the Parliamentarian of the Year | Green Party of Canada (external - login to view) - Elizabeth May receives ...2012 Parlimentarian of the Year Award ...

She Deserves it..

- " Elizabeth May is a very Trust Worthy Politician( That would be an oxymoron if it wasn't for the too few good politicians like Ms.May ).She has worked very hard to get where she is...Becoming the First Federally Elected Green Party Leader in Canada..Quite an achievement "

...And Now ..The first women to receive "The parlimentarian of the year" Award ...

Congrats, to Lady May..A TrustWorthy Politician ..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:12 AM..

Mowich

Canada is being overrun by people that are against work and anything that might create good paying jobs outside of the government.

Overrun? Just where are these hordes of people coming from, ts........hmmn? Against work? Where are your facts to back that one up? Against anything that might create jobs? Back that one up too, please. I think you need to get out a bit more and have a chat with folks in other parts of the country.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Overrun? Just where are these hordes of people coming from, ts........hmmn? Against work? Where are your facts to back that one up? Against anything that might create jobs? Back that one up too, please. I think you need to get out a bit more and have a chat with folks in other parts of the country.

Federal decision to deny chemotherapy to a refugee is ‘unbelievable’: Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/11/22/federal-decision-to-deny-chemotherapy-to-a-refugee-is-unbelievable-saskatchewan-premier-brad-wall/

Apparently, there are quite a number of folks immigrating to Canada that are medical refugees (for lack of a better term). I believe that it's also fair to say that we already have enough 'job creation' in the medical field in paying for the public's current healthcare needs such that we don't need to create more.

Mowich
+1

Here's something positive about Canadians ..We tend to know a lot more about other countries, than other countries know about us..Comes in handy ..

I still haven't heard anything about Canada...

No one has any perspectrum at all?

I was hoping to have a discussion about Canada.

Canada is a mini-miracle. Her sheer size is an impediment to unity, yet united (for the most part ) we are. Opinions differ on politics but you don't see the vituperative divisiveness apparent in other countries. We agree to disagree and move on.

Personally, I thank the Scots for the country we are today.

How The Scots Created Canada | Suite101 (external - login to view)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

XL Pipeline a Good idea?

I know where I stand, as a Canadian Citizen, and Why..

- My Personal Preference

- I could settle for this Canada; with proportional representation(PR)

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...elessness.html (external - login to view)

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...lean-tech.html (external - login to view)

Is the Government Addicted to Gambling Revenues?Who's Regulating the Regulators?

Some examples..

I am an Environmentally Minded Social Conservative.. A Proud Canadian..

...You?

My preference is for the current flag.

darkbeaver

Canada is being overrun by people that are against work and anything that might create good paying jobs outside of the government.

Of course it is haven't I been saying as much for years. It is written " you shall know them cuz they'er international bankers". Government get compensation from whom?

GreenFish66
Canada Shared by Canadians - Keep Exploring - YouTube (external - login to view) - Canada Shared By Canadians - Keep Exploring.

35milliondirectors.com/ (external - login to view)- 35milliondirectors.com - 35 million Directors.
Last edited by GreenFish66; Dec 11th, 2012 at 03:56 AM..

GreenFish66
Let's Set Canada To Lead - Not To Fail

(Re- Temporary( Foreign )Worker Programs/Policies...+)

Many Trainable Canadians looking for Full-Time Work.
Many Hoping Temp. Jobs will Lead To Full-Time.

Corporate Welfare is running rampant; is being Abused/Misused by Gov./Companies.
Canadians don't seem to Qualify for Jobs/Gov. Training programs.
(Harper Action plan seems more like Conservative Advertising/Propaganda than any result returning program)

Canadians Looking for Full-Time Work are turned down, in Favor of Temp.(Foreign) Workers; Due to Tax Credits; Shady Gov.- Big Biz Partnerships and Practices/Benefits/Corporate Welfare....This trend has got to stop.It is Not good for Canada, Canadians or Foreign Immigrant Workers looking for a place to call Home.

Big Biz / Gov...Too Big To Fail?

If we don't curb these Shady Gov - Big Biz Partnerships/Practices there is a good chance our Accommodating/Hospitable/Caring Communities/Country will become the home(?) to many more Under Employed/Poor/Poverty Riddled/Slum Dwellers...

Too Big To Fail... Is No good for anyone. Not even the dwindling few...Who seem to be..... Too Big To Fail...

Where there are those Too Big To Fail...There are many more Set Up to.

Let's(continue to)build a Fair/Democratic/Sustainable/Empowered/Strong 1st World Country, Set to Lead ...Not To Fail.
Last edited by GreenFish66; Apr 12th, 2013 at 06:27 PM..

GreenFish66
-Chinada?

Canada-China investment treaty to come into force Oct. 1 - Politics - CBC News

Ludlow
Don't know a thing about Canada other than where it is. Only thing that comes to mind , is "friends".

gopher
+2
Canada = great producer of pro wrestlers

JLM
What is a perspectrum?

Blackleaf
+1

SO you view us as a colony of england?

You're a colony of Britain, not England.

tay
+1
It's official: Prime Minister Stephen Harper has approved the controversial Canada-China Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (FIPA) today.

In a short, two-paragraph news release (external - login to view), International Trade Minister Ed Fast said the deal was now ratified. (external - login to view)It will come into force on October 1, 2014, and will be effective for 31 years, until 2045.

The original investment protection deal -- which treaty law expert Gus Van Harten said could be in violation (external - login to view)of the Canadian Constitution -- was quietly signed in 2012 in Vladisvostok, Russia, but was delayed for two years due to public outcry.
Chinese companies can sue Canada

As FIPA comes into force, it would have a major impact on projects such as Enbridge Northern Gateway and potentially some LNG proposals. The deal would allow Chinese investors to sue British Columbia (external - login to view) if it changed course on the Northern Gateway pipeline proposal.

"It is true that Chinese investors can sue Canada for any actions by the federal government or the B.C. government (or legislature or courts) relating to Chinese assets connected to the [Enbridge] Northern Gateway pipeline," Van Harten said.

"More troubling, there is no requirement in the treaty for the federal government to make public the fact of a Chinese investor's lawsuit against Canada until an award has been issued by a tribunal. This means that the federal government could settle the lawsuit, including by varying its conduct in a way that many Canadians would oppose, or by paying out public money before an award is issued, and we would never know."
Too late for constitutional challenge now?

Van Harten said there was likely "little point" for constitutional challenges to the deal at this stage.

"Even if found unconstitutional by a court down the road...once the treaty has been ratified, none of the obligations assumed by Canada can be modified unless China agrees," he said.

Op-eds in publications such as The National Post (external - login to view)said the China-Canada deal was too one-sided and gave too much power to China. Unlike NAFTA, the FIPA is not a trade deal and would not reduce tariffs for Canadian exports to the Chinese market.

Although proponents argue that the deal would protect Canadian businesses and create jobs, critics say FIPA would be inevitably skewed in China's favour because Chinese investment in Canada is much larger than Canadian ownership in China.

Chinese companies have invested over $30 billion in Canada's energy industry alone. Canadian direct investment in China in all sectors totalled $4.2 billion (external - login to view) in 2012.

Canada's third-largest oil company, Nexen, was bought by Chinese state-owned CNOOC in October 2012.
Court decision on FIPA

First Nations argued that the deal was not valid, as it would violate section 35 of the Constitution requiring consultation over projects that could affect traditional territory.

The Hupacasath First Nation in B.C. took the federal government to court last year over the FIPA deal, while citizen advocacy groups Leadnow and SumOfUs delivered 60,000 signatures from across Canada in opposition to the agreement (external - login to view).

The court decision on the Hupacasath First Nation's legal appeal is still pending, despite the ratification.
“This is a truly sad day for Canada,” said Brenda Sayers, representative of the Hupacasath First Nation.

“The people of Canada should be alarmed that our constitutional rights have been stolen from our hands.”

Harper OKs potentially unconstitutional China-Canada FIPA deal, coming into force October 1 | Vancouver Observer (external - login to view)

QuebecCanadian
+1
This question scares me. I still don't understand what a perspectrum is.

But you asked what I would change? I'd change the justice system to focus a little less on the rights of the accused and a little more on the rights of victims and potential victims of crime.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by QuebecCanadianView Post

Perspectrum
The spectrum of perception.

To have perspectrum is to believe in the impermanence of belief; to see things from all points of view simultaneously.
To understand what was going on in the world, Vin needed to imagine the whole perspectrum of humanity.

"I don't believe in keeping beliefs", said Cortexelus, "I rather take in the perspectrum of things"

Urban Dictionary: Perspectrum (external - login to view)

Quote:

But you asked what I would change? I'd change the justice system to focus a little less on the rights of the accused and a little more on the rights of victims and potential victims of crime.

I'd say the rights of the accused should remain about the same (after all someone who is accused may be someone falsely accused) but should take into account the victims and society in general to a larger degree. Just my opinion.

El Barto
+1

Perspectrum : a perspiring scrotum

QuebecCanadian
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Perspectrum
The spectrum of perception.

To have perspectrum is to believe in the impermanence of belief; to see things from all points of view simultaneously.
To understand what was going on in the world, Vin needed to imagine the whole perspectrum of humanity.

"I don't believe in keeping beliefs", said Cortexelus, "I rather take in the perspectrum of things"

Urban Dictionary: Perspectrum (external - login to view)

Yeah, that didn't help the first time :/

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I'd say the rights of the accused should remain about the same (after all someone who is accused may be someone falsely accused) but should take into account the victims and society in general to a larger degree. Just my opinion.

Speedy trial yes.....but those accused of murder or child abuse or domestic violence, etc.... keep then locked up UNTIL that speedy trial.

... "believe in the impermanence of belief....."

My head hurts

Blackleaf

She looks a bit like my late grandmother.

SLM
+1

Yeah, that didn't help the first time :/

Speedy trial yes.....but those accused of murder or child abuse or domestic violence, etc.... keep then locked up UNTIL that speedy trial.

... "believe in the impermanence of belief....."

My head hurts

Lol. I just try to stick with "spectrum of perception". And I kind of use it as a cue to maybe step back and look at things in the bigger picture.