Ham, bacon thrown outside B.C. mosque

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
VANCOUVER -- Mounties are investigating as a hate crime the piles of bacon and ham thrown at and scattered on the doorsteps of a Port Coquitlam mosque last week.

Coquitlam RCMP and B.C.’s hate crime team are on the case, especially since it’s the second time in about 18 months the mosque has been targeted.

In March 2011, racial slurs were sprayed on the side of the Islamic Society of B.C. building.

Society president Saad Bahr said the most recent incident came after as many as 50 people, among them families with children, left the building after finishing evening prayers but suddenly returned screaming.

“We went out, everybody, and we noticed there was ham and pig bacon. It was disgusting and sad … scattered around the floor, thrown across the glass,” Bahr said Tuesday.

more

Ham, bacon thrown outside B.C. mosque | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Man it drives me nuts when idiots do stupid things like this. Bad enough when cowards who don't have the balls to articulate their thoughts choose instead to spray paint graffiti on the sides of mosques, or synagogues or churches or whatever, but now their wasting food.

Love people, hate people, justly or unjustly, that's a whole different topic of conversation, but grow the hell up! Nothing worse than a bunch of 'intellectual' (and I use that word very loosely) nine year olds with an "agenda".

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
A complete outrage. I am flabbergasted. I call for reinstatement of the death penalty. How dare they let Bacon go uneaten.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh Bear... Southerners love that bacon. And they save every drop of that leftover bacon grease and fry what ever is for dinner in it.
Oh I know, I love southern grub. You can't blacken catfish in veggie oil.

I was being a smartass.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario