The poor should smoke and drink less -work harder .....

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
richest_woman_poor_should_smoke_and_drink_less_work_harder/

click the line above....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That doesn't apply to Canadians , right ...? .......

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
She has a point.

I can only imagine how hard she worked on collecting that 30 billion dollar inheritance.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What about it?

Durry worked hard for the transfer payments SLM and I bought that with.

Good - as long as Durry was kind enough (cough,cough) to pay for it. Rather generous of him. Always sending his money east. What a guy.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
She has a point.

I can only imagine how hard she worked on collecting that 30 billion dollar inheritance.

It's possible she may have gotten a paper cut or possibly hand cramps from writing cheques.

Oh the perils of the grotesquely wealthy.

Yes of course there is a point to it, but someone who inherited all her money really isn't in any position to say.

Yeah- and what about you and a a yacht.

For legal reasons we've put that in the dogs name. ;)

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
It's possible she may have gotten a paper cut or possibly hand cramps from writing cheques.

Oh the perils of the grotesquely wealthy.

Yes of course there is a point to it, but someone who inherited all her money really isn't in any position to say.

For legal reasons we've put that in the dogs name. ;)
So Rover owns the boat? ;-)

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Let me understand this. An overweight billionaire who inherited her wealth is giving advice to the poor? She's just given the Australian government another reason for higher inheritance taxes.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Let me understand this. An overweight billionaire who inherited her wealth is giving advice to the poor? She's just given the Australian government another reason for higher inheritance taxes.

Ha! That's an excellent retort! "Sure, we need to lower as much tax as possible on all business income, I completely agree. But to make up the shortfall in tax revenue, we'll need to tax the hell out of inheritances! You won't mind picking up a part time job to help make ends meet right?"

Snap!