One More A$$hole off the streets..........6 months too late!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This young man is now allegedly tied to a rape in Kelowna in 2005 and a break in
and some say home invasion in Cherryville in 2004 and is being charged with a
an assault in that case too.
The father should have turned him in and his father apparently didn't do that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This young man is now allegedly tied to a rape in Kelowna in 2005 and a break in
and some say home invasion in Cherryville in 2004 and is being charged with a
an assault in that case too.
The father should have turned him in and his father apparently didn't do that.

Is it clear the father knew anything about the previous offenses before now? I'm wondering why he wasn't originally charged in the Cherryville incident. Was that incident even reported at the time?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm just thankful that they finally have arrested someone at all! At least now the family of the victim can start to have some closure now that the (alleged) murderer is being held in custody.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm just thankful that they finally have arrested someone at all! At least now the family of the victim can start to have some closure now that the (alleged) murderer is being held in custody.

Not much doubt as to his guilt thanks to D.N.A. :smile:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The son for sure, he's also facing two other very serious charges. The father- no details yet, could be simply nothing more than just trying to protect his son.

I don't think there is anything too 'simple' about that, not in this situation. I know we all want to protect our kids but I could never, in good conscience, protect a child that did something like this.

Hopefully, hopefully, he goes away for a really long time. Forever would be a good place to start.

Sadly though, I don't think you can ever really have closure when you loose someone in this manner. It's unnatural, I think acceptance is extremely difficult.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think there is anything too 'simple' about that, not in this situation. I know we all want to protect our kids but I could never, in good conscience, protect a child that did something like this.
Hopefully, hopefully, he goes away for a really long time. Forever would be a good place to start.
Sadly though, I don't think you can ever really have closure when you loose someone in this manner. It's unnatural, I think acceptance is extremely difficult.

I agree with everything you say, there are still no details the father's charges, except to him being an accessory, from what his neighbours say he's a model citizen. The scary thing is the son is charged with 2nd degree murder so theoretically speaking could be back on the street in 10 years.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I agree with everything you say, there are still no details the father's charges, except to him being an accessory, from what his neighbours say he's a model citizen. The scary thing is the son is charged with 2nd degree murder so theoretically speaking could be back on the street in 10 years.
10 years? He could be walking free within 2.5 years.