D.Cheney undergoes Heart Transplant.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

BREAKING NEWS:Former Vice President Dick Cheney undergoes heart transplant NBC News (external - login to view)

msnbc.com - Breaking news, science and tech news, world news, US news, local news- msnbc.com (external - login to view)

WLDB
+1
I didnt know he had one to transplant.

mentalfloss
Good.

Let's hope it fails.

Ocean Breeze
[QUOTE ]

(Credit: Alex Brandon)
Former Vice President Dick Cheney received a heart transplant on Saturday, his office announced.

A statement from the former vice president's office said Cheney is now recovering in the Intensive Care Unit of Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Va., outside of Washington.

The statement said Cheney had been on the transplant list for 20 months and did not know the identity of the donor. [/QUOTE]

I heard that he never had one. This could be a new experience for him.

Here is a "thought" what if the doner heart is from the kid that got shot by an over zealous shooter......

www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...t/?tag=nl.e879 (external - login to view)

On standby for the rejection process to start. If that is a recent pic of him......he sure looks like crap.

and from CNN :

Quote:

Former Vice President Dick Cheney is recovering after undergoing heart transplant surgery on Saturday, his office said.

Cheney has a history of heart problems dating back to 1978, when he had his first heart attack at age 37. He suffered subsequent heart attacks in 1984, in 1988, in 2000 and in 2010.

WindWalker
+1
I wonder who is without their heart now.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WindWalkerView Post

Well they harvest from live people. Walk to slow, poof.

JLM
+1
I wonder who got bumped down a notch on the waiting list. Anyhow I wish him the best.

Ocean Breeze

Indeed. Wonder if that young kid that was shot left his organs......... (or had the "harvested" at the same time.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Good.

Let's hope it fails.

As much of an A$$hole as he may have been politically, he's still a man, it's not the time or place for ill will!

Ocean Breeze
+1

......and still walking around??? (scientific progress being what it is )

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

As much of an A$$hole as he may have been politically, he's still a man, it's not the time or place for ill will!

How I wish this attitude existed for ALL HUMANITY........

lone wolf
+2
#11  Top Rated Post
Whomever it was, the donor was a bit more human dead than some live in here

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

An aide to Cheney disclosed that the 71-year-old, who has had a long history of cardiovascular trouble including numerous heart attacks, had been waiting for a transplant for more than 20 months.

More detail and health history here:

www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012...ml?_r=1&emc=na (external - login to view)

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

......and still walking around??? (scientific progress being what it is )

How I wish this attitude existed for ALL HUMANITY........

Yep, as unsavory as some folks are, I've got a bit of a superstition about playing God with them, never know when some guy might think I'm an AS$hole. (No one on the forum I'm sure)

JLM
Several years ago I read a novel by a well known author on the very subject of heart transplants, the gist being there was one heart and several candidates of various ages and walks of life. After all kinds of tests and other "back & forth", the heart didn't go to the most prestigious or the richest or even the sickest necessarily but to the recipient who was expected to get the most years of life out of it- a man in his early thirties. I'm really wondering if that was the criteria with Cheney. (Is anyone familiar with that book?)

#juan
+1
There is another way of looking at this:

How many times did Bush and Chaney sit down and make a decision that resulted in the deaths of a thousand people? Or ten thousand?
To be completely honest, I don't give a $hit what happens to that SOB. If he was on fire I wouldn't pi$$ on him.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

How many times did Bush and Chaney sit down and make a decision that resulted in the deaths of a thousand people? Or ten thousand?
To be completely honest, I don't give a $hit what happens to that SOB. If he was on fire I wouldn't pi$$ on him.

And how many times did they make a decision that saved ten thousand lives? (As far as I know there have been no more terrorist attacks on American soil since 9/11)

petros
It might be a good time for Dick to stop sucking the glass dick. Only crackheads have 5 heart attacks.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

It might be a good time for Dick to stop sucking the glass dick. Only crackheads have 5 heart attacks.

Over a period of 34 years, ya think?

petros
Every 7 years like crackwork.

Bar Sinister
A heart transplant? Cheney would have been a perfect model for the Tin Woodsman. A sociopath like him deserves no sympathy.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

A heart transplant? Cheney would have been a perfect model for the Tin Woodsman. A sociopath like him deserves no sympathy.

Sometimes in life you have to separate the politics from the man!

#juan
+1

And how many times did they make a decision that saved ten thousand lives? (As far as I know there have been no more terrorist attacks on American soil since 9/11)

I'll assume you are joking JLM.

JLM

I'll assume you are joking JLM.

Nope.............have you heard of Homeland Security?

petros

I use SaskTel Securtek as part of my security, innernet, home phone and mobile bundle.

#juan

What the hell does Homeland Security have to do with military casualties?

damngrumpy
+1
Now if they could only do something about his brain we could make a real human being
out of him wouldn't that be nice.

JLM

What the hell does Homeland Security have to do with military casualties?

I wasn't talking about military casualties!

Kreskin
Here's a vid with him between Laura and George.

The Wizard of Oz 1939 - Tin Man39s Dance - YouTube

talloola
+1

I agree 100% juan, and on the other side, bin laden is dead, at least he has paid for his, um shall I say,
indescretions.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

I agree 100% juan, and on the other side, bin laden is dead, at least he has paid for his, um shall I say,
indescretions.

If people are going to blame Bush and Cheney, what about Blair, what about Saddam, what about all the insurgents? While were at it we may as well lay some blame on Churchill for W.W.2 casualties. War is hell, should never ever happen, but that won't change as long as man's primary instinct is survival, and after 9/11 that instinct was threatened. On the day of 9/11 Bush said he was going to hunt down and make those responsible pay and I don't think anyone voiced any objection at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20!

no new posts