D.Cheney undergoes Heart Transplant.

Kreskin
This is hilarious.

Al Franken on Dick Cheney Shooting Someone In the Face - YouTube

talloola
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

If people are going to blame Bush and Cheney, what about Blair, what about Saddam, what about all the insurgents? While were at it we may as well lay some blame on Churchill for W.W.2 casualties. War is hell, should never ever happen, but that won't change as long as man's primary instinct is survival, and after 9/11 that instinct was threatened. On the day of 9/11 Bush said he was going to hunt down and make those responsible pay and I don't think anyone voiced any objection at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20!

the subject is cheney, so it is cheney I am referring to, and I agree with Juan, that is my take
on the subject, after following all of the bloodshed for all of that time.

Churchill and any of the others is for another time, and I was just a little girl, did not have
a direct opinion, didn't pay attention like I did with this particular 'war', I paid very close
attention.

#juan
+1

If people are going to blame Bush and Cheney, what about Blair, what about Saddam, what about all the insurgents? While were at it we may as well lay some blame on Churchill for W.W.2 casualties. War is hell, should never ever happen, but that won't change as long as man's primary instinct is survival, and after 9/11 that instinct was threatened. On the day of 9/11 Bush said he was going to hunt down and make those responsible pay and I don't think anyone voiced any objection at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20!

"Insurgents", Isn't that what people defending themselves against the U.S. are called?

Have you any idea why Bush abandoned Afghanistan and went into Iraq? I don't think Bush has any idea either.

JLM Churchill didn't start W.W. 2

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Dick got a heart transplant. At age 71. Did he shoot the donor himself or did he have someone else do it? Is he going to use the old one as a doorstop?

I wanted to write something a little tongue in cheek, get a little laugh going but, the more I thought about it the angrier I got. At 65 a lot of people are told that their age is a disqualifier for this kind of surgery. Who paid for it? Was this a part of his "government health care"? That stuff that doesn't work and that would destroy our nation if it were given to the common people?

Dick Cheney Gets New Heart*** : Information Clearing House (external - login to view)

something to think about.

talloola

hindsight is 20/20, but you can also look at it this way, hindsight is knowing how something happened,
as one has followed it very carefully.

Knowing it was going to happen didn't give the information as to 'how' it was going to happen.

Seeing it all go down right before my eyes gave me that information.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

"Insurgents", Isn't that what people defending themselves against the U.S. are called?

Have you any idea why Bush abandoned Afghanistan and went into Iraq? I don't think Bush has any idea either.

JLM Churchill didn't start W.W. 2

Absolutely not, but a lot of people still accused him of being an old war monger.
I think Iraq was poorly conceived, but we can't be sure as we have no idea how many more civilians Saddam would have killed had he been allowed to continue. Whether the bastard had W.M.D.s at the time we don't know but we do know from his past shenanigans he was capable of having them. As far as insurgents go they were mostly Sunnis and S*itties blowing each other up. Actually had nothing to do with the war per se. They've hated each other for centuries.

Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

hindsight is 20/20, but you can also look at it this way, hindsight is knowing how something happened,
as one has followed it very carefully.

Knowing it was going to happen didn't give the information as to 'how' it was going to happen.

Seeing it all go down right before my eyes gave me that information.

At least as the media decided to present it to you.

talloola

Absolutely not, but a lot of people still accused him of being an old war monger.
I think Iraq was poorly conceived, but we can't be sure as we have no idea how many more civilians Saddam would have killed had he been allowed to continue. Whether the bastard had W.M.D.s at the time we don't know but we do know from his past shenanigans he was capable of having them. As far as insurgents go they were mostly Sunnis and S*itties blowing each other up. Actually had nothing to do with the war per se. They've hated each other for centuries.

At least as the media decided to present it to you.

yes, and one has to sift thru many many different medias before coming to a conclusion as to just
how to receive it, and I did that.

Liberalman
+1
The good thing about the transplant is that the world knows for sure he has a heart.

MHz
+1
Not having wars is the survival solution, greed for material riches is the reason there are wars at all, it's one cog in the supply/demand gearset

Spade
+1
Millions marched against the war in Iraq.

Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

The good thing about the transplant is that the world knows for sure he has a heart.

He beat the Tin Man. Will Cheney beat the Scarecrow?

Walter
Looks like he's making a good recovery and telling it like it is.
Cheney: Obama "Has Been An Unmitigated Disaster To The Country" | RealClearPolitics (external - login to view)

mentalfloss
+2
If Obama was an unmitigated disaster, then Bush was an unmitigated catastrophe.

Cliffy
+1 / -1
Why is it not surprising that the Wally thinks Dr. Strangelove is god's gift to humanity?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Why is it not surprising that the Wally thinks Dr. Strangelove is god's gift to humanity?

God's gift to humanity is Jesus.

petros

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

msnbc.com - Breaking news, science and tech news, world news, US news, local news- msnbc.com (external - login to view)

I thought he had a mechanical one like captian picard.

Cliffy

Why is it not surprising the Wally neg repped me?

wulfie68
I thought with Cheney it would be called an implant, not a transplant... (yeah I know some of you were already going there but I still had to try)

Not trying to be facetious or nasty, but I'm actually surprised at his age they would do a transplant: I thought there were age limitations on this type of surgery (born of the mindset of using the organs on younger patients who a) might recover easier and b) might live longer when everything is said and done).

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

I thought with Cheney it would be called an implant, not a transplant... (yeah I know some of you were already going there but I still had to try)

It was a good one.

Quote:

Not trying to be facetious or nasty, but I'm actually surprised at his age they would do a transplant: I thought there were age limitations on this type of surgery (born of the mindset of using the organs on younger patients who a) might recover easier and b) might live longer when everything is said and done).

If money and power can't buy you a heart, what can it buy you.

JLM
In post #14 I commented on the criteria (years ago) for getting a heart. At that time people past their 30s stood very little chance of getting one. What has happened to change that criteria?

Cliffy
+1

In post #14 I commented on the criteria (years ago) for getting a heart. At that time people past their 30s stood very little chance of getting one. What has happened to change that criteria?

Bigga Bucks!!!

Retired_Can_Soldier
It would have been funnier if he was getting a Dick transplant.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

In the US it is all about the money, of which slick dick has lots.

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

It would have been funnier if he was getting a Dick transplant.

A dick for a Dickhead?

JLM

Bigga Bucks!!!

I was hesitant to suggest that as it means another profession has gone for a sh*t, and you can't blame Dick, he's just doing what he can to stay alive.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

In the US it is all about the money, of which slick dick has lots.

And I wonder if the "right dick" up here needed one he would probably get it!

Cliffy

I was hesitant to suggest that as it means another profession has gone for a sh*t, and you can't blame Dick, he's just doing what he can to stay alive.

I would too if I had sold my soul to the devil. Look at Dick run!

no new posts