Iran - Sanctions - Blockades - War - Treaties - to name a few possibilities

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You hit you own head recently doing a face-palm thing, if so you may have hurt something. Look at the quote below, the bolded words would describe Iran during the time the US was running the show in the 25 years preceding 1979.
Do you even acknowledge the horror the citizens experiences under the installed regime?
"Parliamentary elections this Friday in Iran are far from being free and fair. Well, at least that's a step beyond those paragons of democracy - the election-free Persian Gulf monarchies."
I pointed out to you not long ago that the present Government of Iran is more democratic on a local and international level than the 'real hardliners' that actually get funding from covert operation done by both the CIA and MOSSAD. (It's going to come as a real shock to those partners to know their lives are only useful until a certain point, there will be no new Shaw of Iran, there will be international corporation and the citizens will be no better off than the worst of the worst in Saudi Arabia. No wonder the people shudder when the West comers calling.
BTW you should read what you link to, if you did read it you editing is far worse than anything I have ever posted. Re-raed the 6 paragraphs after my quoted portion. A stutter perhaps

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post

I read the complete article - I saw that - are you into deflection or what?

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I post a link - Poeple read the link - No cherry picking -
Meet the players
So on one side, we have the so-called "principlists" - let's call them the Khamenei party. They are - in theory - led by Ayatollah Mohammad Reza Kani, the chairman of the Council of Experts. But in practice, whatever powerful, former IRGC commanders say, goes.

A key candidate in their list is Gholam Haddad Adel, the father-in-law of Khamenei's second son, Mojtaba. He's running for a Tehran seat. This means, crucially, that the IRGC positioned the election in Tehran as a de facto referendum on Khamenei. That's something to watch closely.

The principlists boast a "United Front" that actually became seriously disunited (scattered in at least four groups). They fear the Ahmadinejad faction will manipulate the vote - via the Interior Ministry; it's an open secret in Tehran that the Ahmadinejad people have been furiously bribing blue-collar workers and peasants. The principlists know if Ahmadinejad controls the Majlis, he can't be impeached, and will confront Khamenei even more forcefully.

On the other side, we have an outfit called the Durable Front of the Islamic Revolution. Let's call them the Ahmadinejad faction. They claim to be the real principlists - and essentially are disciples of the mega-reactionary Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi. Now that's a tough cookie; many times I visited his hawza in Qom, but Mesbah Yazdi refuses to talk to foreign journalists.

Ahmadinejad used to be an adoring Mesbah Yazdi worshipper. But then a theological bomb exploded; Ahmadinejad started to publicly boast that he was directly linked to the hidden Imam Mahdi - and not to the Supreme Leader, in thesis the Mahdi's representative on earth. Mesbah Yazdi was mildly horrified. He then started saying he is not the party's leader - but people hardly believe it. If they capture a lot of seats, Mesbah Yazdi will be even stronger among the neo-cons.

A third faction is led Mohsen Rezaei, a former head of the IRGC between 1981 and 1997, and the current secretary-general of the Expediency Council, the body that mediates between the Majlis and the Council of Guardians and also advises Khamenei. Among conservatives and neo-cons, this faction is not exactly very popular, even though Rezaei's game is to position himself as a viable third way.

And then there are the conservatives and neo-cons who are not aligned with anyone, with a major group led by two fierce Ahmadinejad critics, and at least 200 smaller groups.

To give an idea about the tortuous nature of the system, the major group presented a lot of current Majlis representatives, as well as other regime figures, as candidates. In the initial screening, run by the Ahmadinejad-controlled Ministry of Interior, they were rejected; but then the Guardian Council said they were OK ...

So no one should expect a Kim Jong-ilesque turn out this Friday. Expectations for Tehran are a paltry 15% - and that may be even less. A crushing majority of university students will definitely follow the boycott.

Anyone interested in examining the extraordinary impact of the aftermath of the 2009 elections in Tehran should read Death to the Dictator: A Young Man Casts a Vote in Iran's 2009 Election and Pays a Devastating Price, by Afsaneh Moqadam (Sarah Crichton Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux).

In small town Iran and faraway provinces, the Leader - as well as the "man of the people" with a halo over his head - may still be popular. But no one, anywhere, really knows for sure whether the absolute majority of Iranians would do anything to support them.

MHz

I put it at the very end of the post with a BTW before it. Obviously the answer is no, you put it at the top of your post so you are heavily into deflection. Go figure. You pay to take special training, if so you should get a refund. lol

Who is the MEK representing?
(in part)
In recent months, though, a series of heavyweight political and military figures in the US have spoken out in favour of the MEK, calling explicitly for the group to be taken off the list of banned organisations.
They include high-profile former US government officials, politicians and retired military officers, often hired to speak for fees beginning at $20,000 a time.
The sources of funding for the pro-MEK campaign remain unclear, although paying former officials for public advocacy is commonplace in the US.
However, one US government official told the BBC that the MEK "trawls the halls of Congress" for support, something he described as "highly unusual" for a banned organisation.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14533756 (external - login to view)

Goober

I put it at the very end of the post with a BTW before it. Obviously the answer is no, you put it at the top of your post so you are heavily into deflection. Go figure. You pay to take special training, if so you should get a refund.

As you are up on things can you tell me the big difference in Iran under the Shah and then under the Theocracy.
I am interested to see what these massive differences are.

MHz
+1
To get the true scope wouldn't you have to eliminate all the various **** the US has pulled since then, like using Iraq in an 8 yr proxy war. It's like Cuba made strides despte the US, Iran is no different.

Here is a bit from before, don't run away I'll find more.

(in part) The Shah's brutal secret police force, Savak, formed under the guidance of CIA (the United States Central Intelligence Agency) in 1957 and personnel trained by Mossad (Israel's secret service), to directly control all facets of political life in Iran. Its main task was to suppress opposition to the Shah's government and keep the people's political and social knowledge as minimal as possible. Savak was notorious throughout Iran for its brutal methods.
The interrogation office was established with no limit of using horrific torture tools and techniques to break the arrested dissenters to talk in a matter of hours.
The censorship office was established to monitor journalists, literary figures and academics throughout the country. It took appropriate measures against those who fell out of the regime's line.
Universities, labor unions and peasant organizations, amongst others, were all subjected to intense surveillance by the Savak agents and paid informants. The agency was also active abroad, especially in monitoring Iranian students who publicly opposed the Shah's government.
Interrogation, torture and long term imprisonment by Savak for reading or possessing any forbidden books. The prohibited books were removed from the book-stores and libraries; even the Tozih-ol-Masael written by Ayatollah Rouhollah Khomeini was forbidden.
Over the years, Savak became a law unto itself, having legal authority to arrest, detain, brutally interrogate and torture suspected people indefinitely. Savak operated its own prisons in Tehran, such as Qezel-Qalaeh and Evin facilities and many suspected places throughout the country as well. Many of those activities were carried out without any institutional checks.

Savak/Savama, the symbol of censorship and torture in Iran (external - login to view)

(in part)
SAVAK was closed down shortly before the overthrow of the monarchy and the coming to power of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (external - login to view) in the February 1979 Iranian Revolution (external - login to view). Following the departure of the Shah in January 1979, SAVAK's 3,000+ central staff and its agents were targeted for reprisals; almost all of them that were in Iran at the time of the Iranian Revolution were hunted down and executed, only a few who were on missions outside of Iran managed to survive.[citation needed (external - login to view)]
SAVAK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

Goober

To get the true scope wouldn't you have to eliminate all the various **** the US has pulled since then, like using Iraq in an 8 yr proxy war. It's like Cuba made strides despte the US, Iran is no different.
Here is a bit from before, don't run away I'll find more.
(in part) The Shah's brutal secret police force, Savak, formed under the guidance of CIA (the United States Central Intelligence Agency) in 1957 and personnel trained by Mossad (Israel's secret service), to directly control all facets of political life in Iran. Its main task was to suppress opposition to the Shah's government and keep the people's political and social knowledge as minimal as possible. Savak was notorious throughout Iran for its brutal methods.
The interrogation office was established with no limit of using horrific torture tools and techniques to break the arrested dissenters to talk in a matter of hours.
The censorship office was established to monitor journalists, literary figures and academics throughout the country. It took appropriate measures against those who fell out of the regime's line.
Universities, labor unions and peasant organizations, amongst others, were all subjected to intense surveillance by the Savak agents and paid informants. The agency was also active abroad, especially in monitoring Iranian students who publicly opposed the Shah's government.
Interrogation, torture and long term...

No intention of running away. Try to list what is the same and what is different. Just a suggestion is all.

Goober

No intention of running away. Try to list what is the same and what is different. Just a suggestion is all.

Having a problem finding info on Iran. See ya in the morning.

Goober

Having a problem finding info on Iran. See ya in the morning.

MHZ - Bump and I raise you three Bumps. Still awating ya know.

MHz
+1
Lets cover what I already posted about Iran and the differences, you have to acknowledge the old regime did act according to the bit posted so far. Then the next step is to run the South American death squads that roamed South America by you , were they trained (by x Nazis working for the CIA btw) by the same 'book' that Iran's secret police was operating under during the reign of the US installed Dictator, a brutal one at that yet you 'demand Syria' get rid of one that is more moderate than the Shaw. Your colors are really showing on this issue, I'm not impressed, being part of the majority does not make you part of the moral majority even though would like to think so.

Come on, do your part, a conversation requires input from both sides. Agree with the condition posted about Iran and start on the death squad issue.

Goober

Lets cover what I already posted about Iran and the differences, you have to acknowledge the old regime did act according to the bit posted so far. Then the next step is to run the South American death squads that roamed South America by you , were they trained (by x Nazis working for the CIA btw) by the same 'book' that Iran's secret police was operating under during the reign of the US installed Dictator, a brutal one at that yet you 'demand Syria' get rid of one that is more moderate than the Shaw. Your colors are really showing on this issue, I'm not impressed, being part of the majority does not make you part of the moral majority even though would like to think so.

Come on, do your part, a conversation requires input from both sides. Agree with the condition posted about Iran and start on the death squad issue.

No -This was about Iran
Here is what I posted.Now you want to change the agreement. Again - No - So if you cannot fulfill what was agreed upon just tell me.
As you are up on things can you tell me the big difference in Iran under the Shah and then under the Theocracy.
I am interested to see what these massive differences are.

MHz
How many elections under the Shaw? Big fat ZERO
How many this year, 1, case closed.

"The Shah's brutal secret police force, Savak, formed under the guidance of CIA (the United States Central Intelligence Agency) in 1957 and personnel trained by Mossad (Israel's secret service), to directly control all facets of political life in Iran. Its main task was to suppress opposition to the Shah's government and keep the people's political and social knowledge as minimal as possible. Savak was notorious throughout Iran for its brutal methods.
Interrogation, torture and long term imprisonment by Savak for reading or possessing any forbidden books. The prohibited books were removed from the book-stores and libraries; even the Tozih-ol-Masael written by Ayatollah Rouhollah Khomeini was forbidden."

Fact or not???

Goober

How many elections under the Shaw? Big fat ZERO
How many this year, 1, case closed.

Fact or not???

Case is closed as you cannot and do not wish to face up to the atrocities committed by the Thugs. Clearly you are unwilling to be impartial and stick to an Anti US Agenda

Goober
Iran Notes | Swampland | TIME.com (external - login to view)

1. Obama’s Speech: The President gave a strong but, I believe, flawed speech to AIPAC on Sunday. He warned against the warmongering toward Iran that has overtaken some of the noisier precincts of the Jewish and evangelical communities. But then he bowed to the AIPAC crowd by saying that “containment” was not his policy with regard to the Iranian nuclear program. This directly contradicted his previous policy–which was that all options were on the table. Containment happens to be the option favored by most non-neocon foreign policy experts; it was a policy that proved a huge success against the Soviet Union, which threatened our national security far more profoundly than Iran does. Former CIA analyst and regional expert Paul Pillar makes the case for sanity in the next issue of the Washington Monthly.

The unseemly war-whoopery will only be amplified at AIPAC’s annual meeting when the Republican candidates for President, including the bought and paid for Newt Gingrich, add fuel to the fire on Tuesday. Any unprovoked war with Iran would be crazy. It is a real country–not a cobbled-together colonial whim like Iraq–with strong national pride, a great historic culture and probably the best educated populace in the region, outside of Israel. An attack on Iran would unify the populace, even those who find the current government disgraceful. The U.S. military and intelligence services oppose such an effort. It is very disappointing to see the Jewish community leading the charge for this foolish course of action.

2.Iran’s election: Happily, the Republican candidates are not going to have the powerless demagogue Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to kick around much longer. As I predicted here a few weeks ago, candidates favored by the Supreme Leader romped in Iran’s parliamentary elections over the weekend. It now seems likely that impeachment proceedings will be brought against Ahmadinejad and that the Iranian constitution may be rewritten to eliminate the post of president. In other words, all power would be concentrated in the hands of the Supreme Leader. This is clearly a major development in the 33 year history of the Islamic Republic. And, oddly enough, those of us who hope for a return to sanity in Iran will have to be rooting for some of the more reasonable elements of the Revolutionary Guard to limit the power-hungry, uncompromising Khamenei in the coming decision over whether to pursue a nuclear weapon and, ultimately, in the long-term struggle for control–especially in the naming of a successor. (In classic North Korean fashion, Khamenei wants his son to take over.)

MHz
Israel echoed the same sentiment

(in part)
According to a report in the Israeli daily Haaretz, Peres will tell the Washington conference of the pro-Israel lobby group Aipac:
Israel is not rushing into war (external - login to view). We are a country that always seeks out peace and peace is always our preferred option, but our enemies should make no mistakes. We have fought six wars that were forced upon us and we have won them all. If another war is forced upon us, we will fight it and we will win it.)
Israel 'not rushing into Iran war' | World news | The Guardian (external - login to view)

In real terms it means Iran should double the guards for the next 6 months.

Goober
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/03...ar-bomb-blast/

NEW DELHI — Indian authorities have arrested a local journalist working for an Iranian news agency in connection with last month’s Israeli embassy car bomb blast, a police official said Wednesday.

It was the first arrest over the February 13 attack that Israel has blamed Iran of perpetrating. An Israeli diplomat’s wife, her driver and two others were wounded, and the blast coincided with an attack on another Israeli diplomat in Tbilisi, Georgia.

The freelance Indian journalist, Mohammed Kazmi, was arrested in a southern district of the capital, New Delhi, on Tuesday evening and charged with criminal conspiracy, Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said.

News channel NDTV reported that Kazmi, who was produced in a local court Wednesday, had been in touch with one of the attackers. He was not directly involved in the attack itself, in which a motor-cyclist attached a bomb to the car and set off the device.

Last month, Israel accused arch-enemies Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah of being behind the twin bomb attacks that targeted Israeli embassy staff in India and Georgia.

They were followed a day later by three explosions in Bangkok, Thailand, one of which seriously wounded an Iranian man. Israel said that was also part of an attempted terrorist attack by Iran.

Tehran denied involvement in the attacks, which amplified tensions between two countries already at loggerheads over Iran’s nuclear program,

MHz
That is news but this isn't? What if Iran is locked into new contracts that cover 5 years, Europe is still cut off from Iranian oil because she refused ti sign the same contract that would have assured delivery for that long. Spilled milk, better luck with your next saucier.
"On Tuesday EU foreign policy representative Catherine Ashton said on behalf Britain, China, France, Russia, the United States and Germany that they were ready to hold talks with Iran."

IAEA Meeting Adjourned as Powers Haggle over Iran (external - login to view)

I haven't been bumping the Syria thread, would you like the last 6 updates where 35 men with weapons were stopped trying to sneak into Lebanon, outside pressure allowed then to be released with their weapons despite Syria asking they be detained and held for questioning. It was about that time a bridge was blown up tp prevent more gunmen fro making it to a porous border.

France has suspended air travel via it's national carrier, banned as it can probably be shown to have flown in several foreign fighters that were just recently captured. Do you want the serial numbers of the hi-tech stuff captured?

I like the one where it accuses Iran of smuggling weapons to Syrian forces. How can you 'smuggle' to a country wher you jave a joint defense pact with? Anything to get the smuggle word in there. Notice in Afghanistan the CIA doesn't smuggle heroin, they export it as a cash crop.

Goober

That is news but this isn't? What if Iran is locked into new contracts that cover 5 years, Europe is still cut off from Iranian oil because she refused ti sign the same contract that would have assured delivery for that long. Spilled milk, better luck with your next saucier.
"On Tuesday EU foreign policy representative Catherine Ashton said on behalf Britain, China, France, Russia, the United States and Germany that they were ready to hold talks with Iran."
IAEA Meeting Adjourned as Powers Haggle over Iran
I haven't been bumping the Syria thread, would you like the last 6 updates where 35 men with weapons were stopped trying to sneak into Lebanon, outside pressure allowed then to be released with their weapons despite Syria asking they be detained and held for questioning. It was about that time a bridge was blown up tp prevent more gunmen fro making it to a porous border.
France has suspended air travel via it's national carrier, banned as it can probably be shown to have flown in several foreign fighters that were just recently captured. Do you want the serial numbers of the hi-tech stuff captured?

Yes.

MHz
Use the mid-east and world and more buttons from the link in my last post.

Goober

Use the mid-east and world and more buttons from the link in my last post.

No I am not looking for your links - You should post them as you offered. Next the so called French Soldiers captured - Did check into that and there was one reputable link followed by a French Reporter - who was in Homs - denying the presence of French Soldiers
The links you are reading, well to say the least they are way out there. Way out there.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2361562/

Despite all the anti-Iran rhetoric from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and members of his government, the Israeli public remains strongly opposed to Israel launching an attack on Tehran’s nuclear facilities.

Writing in Wednesday’s Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper, Prof. Ephraim Yaar and Prof. Tamar Hermann of Tel Aviv University reveal the findings of their most recent Peace Index that show 62 per cent of Israelis are opposed to Israel launching an attack on Iran without U.S. cooperation.
Last edited by Goober; Mar 7th, 2012 at 07:55 PM..

LiesOfTheIntell
+1 / -2
I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this ridiculous thread, what with the Israel "perpetual victimhood" narrative being used to justify an absurb posit: "We face an existential threat." BS. Just more philo-Zionist excreta courtesy of Goober. It stinks to holy Hell. Goober's and his pals at the United Jewish Appeal's mission is to turn this place into a little Zionist Racist circle jerk for his fellow treasonous psychopaths to lure us into endlessly engaging with their insanity.

But with jewmedia flaming the irrational fears of a dissillusioned public, and GOP politicians salavitating for favourable media coverage maybe it shouldn't be a surprise that Iraq Part II - the invasion of Iran gets so much traction.

Some points no doubt already mentioned:
- Isreal has over 200 nukes, if Iran attacks, thereby killing milliions of Arabs, it will be anihilated.
- No country that has the nuke has ever been invaded. The MAD doctrine ensures the peace. This "threatens" Israel.
- When Iran gets a nuke it will be on diplomatically even grounds with Israel. This "threatens" Israel.
- An Israeli attack will only delay the inevitable. o****.
- The Israeli public is strongly against (external - login to view) an attack. Yea for them!
- Ahmadenijad was misquoted by jewmedia, he said "wipe Zionism off the map" (an ugly political regime) he is mistranslated (purposefully) as "wipe Israel off the map." CNN agrees with this refutation (external - login to view). Refuting this lie is important since it supposedly forms the basis of the so called "existential threat." Such hogwash.

Here's a quote from another forum:

Quote:

This pile of digital crap is like all the others - designed as a distraction.
This is so he can suck normal people into his cesspool of time wasting,
debilitating demented polemics on behalf of the real enemies of this country,
ie: verminous backstabbing snake in the grass reptiles like himself and the
place he loves the most: The Apartheid Abomination.

ow

CDNBear
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by LiesOfTheIntellView Post

Such hogwash.

For future reference, your disclaimer is supposed to go at the top of your post.

MHz

No I am not looking for your links - You should post them as you offered. Next the so called French Soldiers captured - Did check into that and there was one reputable link followed by a French Reporter - who was in Homs - denying the presence of French Soldiers
The links you are reading, well to say the least they are way out there. Way out there..

Being a Lebanese new site I would think they are right next door. They re'print articles, most of the Syrian ones come from a Frenc News agency, perhaps even the same ones as the French journalist belong too that got caught up in so you are really insulting the French reporting as being a ball of ****. How odd that it just happens to be French CIA types and French Commandos and, OMG French UN troops, guarding the border. Perhaps that is the password, speak French and you get sanctuary and you get to keep you weapons no questions asked.
Inside knowledge and promotion of rebel accomplishments from France to be published in Lebanon.

Syrian Observatory: Blasts Target Security Forces in Aleppo Province (external - login to view)

SourceAgence France Presse (external - login to view)

If you have a Canadian link to stories like this I would be using them, so far the story isn't big enough or whatever to be covered.

www.naharnet.com/stories/en/3...o-pay-a-return (external - login to view)

B00Mer

Goober
The question now is Iran sanitizing Nuke site?

Report: Iran May Be Cleaning Nuke Work - TIME (external - login to view)

VIENNA) — Satellite images of an Iranian military facility appear to show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, indicating an attempted cleanup of radioactive traces possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The assertions from the diplomats, all nuclear experts accredited to the International Atomic Energy Agency, could add to the growing international pressure on Iran over its nuclear program, which Tehran insists is for peaceful purposes

Two of the diplomats said the crews at the Parchin military site may be trying to erase evidence of tests of a small experimental neutron device used to set off a nuclear explosion. A third diplomat could not confirm that but said any attempt to trigger a so-called neutron initiator could only be in the context of trying to develop nuclear arms

It did not mention a neutron initiator as part of those tests, but in a separate section cited an unnamed member nation as saying Iran may have experimented with a neutron initiator, without going into detail or naming a location for such work.

In contrast, the intelligence information shared with the AP by the two diplomats linked the high-explosives work directly to setting off a neutron initiator at Parchin.

In explaining such a device, the agency's November report said that "if placed in the center of a nuclear core of an implosion-type nuclear device and compressed, (it) could produce a burst of neutrons suitable for initiating a fission chain reaction."

If Iran did try to trigger a neutron initiator, it would harden international suspicions by adding a nuclear component to a suspected string of experiments linked to weapons development that generally have not included radioactive material.

Iran has previously attempted to clean up sites considered suspicious by world powers worried about Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

Iran razed the Lavizan Shian complex in northern Iran before allowing IAEA inspectors to visit the suspected repository of military procured equipment that could be used in a nuclear weapons program. Tehran said the site had been demolished to make way for a park, but inspectors who subsequently came to the site five years ago found traces of uranium enriched to or near the level used in making the core of nuclear warheads.

The Iranians also embarked on an extensive redo at the Kalay-e Electric Co., just west of Tehran, before agency inspectors were given access nine years ago. Although the site was re-painted and otherwise sanitized, samples taken from Kalay-e also showed traces of enriched uranium, though at levels substantially below warhead grade.

EagleSmack
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by LiesOfTheIntellView Post

But with jewmedia flaming the irrational fears of a dissillusioned public,

JOOOOOOOO Media! What a bigot.

MHz

The question now is Iran sanitizing Nuke site?.

How about the IAEA is trying to confirm for western intelligence agencies that Iran has perfected the fuel/air bomb.

Hiding things on a state of the art military site, how totally unfair of them. Why do you think they were not allowed a snap inspection. As for radiation cleanup, are they using meters issued to the Japanese public, you can't clean it up, you wait till it cleans itself up, didn't you follow Chernobyl?

Goober

How about the IAEA is trying to confirm for western intelligence agencies that Iran has perfected the fuel/air bomb.

Hiding things on a state of the art military site, how totally unfair of them. Why do you think they were not allowed a snap inspection. As for radiation cleanup, are they using meters issued to the Japanese public, you can't clean it up, you wait till it cleans itself up, didn't you follow Chernobyl?

Are you certain that small sites cannot be re-mediated?

MHz
Is the highway of death of gulf I cleaned up?

What areas of Japan have been successfully cleaned up. All they do is raise the safe limit.

Upside down duck have quack up.

Dexter Sinister
+1

...most recent Peace Index that show 62 per cent of Israelis are opposed to Israel launching an attack on Iran without U.S. cooperation.

So it depends on how gullible the U.S. is. That's not encouraging, even less so if a Republican wins the White House next fall.

EagleSmack
+1

Is the highway of death of gulf I cleaned up?

WTF?

"Is the highway of death of gulf I cleaned up?"

Can I get any of that good stuff?

Oh MHz, your posts are amusing if nothing else.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

So it depends on how gullible the U.S. is. That's not encouraging, even less so if a Republican wins the White House next fall.

This should take care of that worry.

Persian Mathematics - By Scott Clement | Foreign Policy (external - login to view)
Roughly three quarters of Americans support increasing international sanctions to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons; even more favor direct diplomatic talks to try and resolve the situation. Support for diplomatic measures is high across the political spectrum, including majorities of Republicans, Democrats, and independents.