Iran - Sanctions - Blockades - War - Treaties - to name a few possibilities


Ocean Breeze
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Your answer is BS - 1 million was rhe estimated casualties for invading Japan- Unacceptable - Do you think that a Nuclear Iran is a positive or a negative based upon the political realities of that area.

Now I am off to bed - So God Bless and kepp well.

So WHAT exactly has been learned from that horrific Bombing of Japan??? Did it make the empire feel "good " about itself with all those deaths and then physical handicaps that resulted from that disaster??

It is all the more reason for NO ONE to have Nukes. And that includes the empire and its little empirette Israel.

Why on earth should an empire that has USED such weaponry tell others what they can and can't have??? That is just a laughable , but calloused hypocricy ......again.

Wonder what would happen if the empire stopped its crazy bully talk and threats to Iran completely. (well for one, Israel would have apoplexy )
 
Cannuck
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

I'm curious as to the reasoning for allowing Israel to keep it's nuclear weapons and wanting to ensure that no other country in the ME has the same capability?

Who is going to take them away?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

ACT??? What kind of action do you suggest.?? And what is your motive for suggesting "action".

The people of Iran do not support the Iranian leadership. I would make it clear to the Iranian government that we will do whatever we can to assist the opposition including the supply of arms.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

So the Iranian leadership is idiotic. Wonder how much of their bluster is just a defensive reaction to all the threats and ugly comments coming from the west .

Please don't be so silly as to compare Amahdickiyams comments with western comments. Nobody in the west is calling for anybody to be wiped off the map.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Aggression is not the answer. Look at the results in Iraq.....and read the fine print of how things really are. Look at afganistan.....and again read the fine print where they are doing barbaric things and not even being discreet about it. Look at Libya ..another place that is now volatile. and it goes on and on.

Aggression is the answer at some point. The only question is if that point will occur and when that point occurs

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Why do you hate him??

Well, I guess technically I don't hate him as I don't personally know him. I hate what he stands for. In much the same way, I don't hate Hitler. I didn't know him either but I do hate gassing people just because they are gay or are a particular religion. I'm kinda funny that way.
 
Just the Facts
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

and neither will Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, or North Korea. Yet, like hypocrites, we all expect that no one else acquire the same weaponry that we "enjoy".

It works both ways, you want everyone else to stay out of the nuclear weapon game, then everyone should get out of it. Period.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but you gotta look at the big picture. If we're in a room and you're ranting and raving about how you're gonna effin kill me, when you reach for the gun on the table....I'm gonna try to stop you. It's really just that simple.
 
gerryh
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the FactsView Post

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but you gotta look at the big picture. If we're in a room and you're ranting and raving about how you're gonna effin kill me, when you reach for the gun on the table....I'm gonna try to stop you. It's really just that simple.


The "big picture" is that there are a few countries that have nuclear weapons and the rest of the world, rightly so, feels that they need to even the playing field by having the same thing. I'm saying, even the playing field, by taking away everyone's nukes. They are not needed.
 
Cannuck
+1
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

The "big picture" is that there are a few countries that have nuclear weapons and the rest of the world, rightly so, feels that they need to even the playing field by having the same thing. I'm saying, even the playing field, by taking away everyone's nukes. They are not needed.

Again, who is going to take them away? A better question would be how are they going to take them away?
 
Just the Facts
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

The "big picture" is that there are a few countries that have nuclear weapons and the rest of the world, rightly so, feels that they need to even the playing field by having the same thing. I'm saying, even the playing field, by taking away everyone's nukes. They are not needed.

Yeah that would be nice but you know it's not gonna happen so why even worry about it. I mean seriously, you take away everyone's nukes, Imanutjob is gonna be salivating all over Natanz even more than he is now lol.
 
gerryh
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Again, who is going to take them away? A better question would be how are they going to take them away?



Let me put it this way. If everyone is really wanting peace, then they will voluntarily give up their nukes. Anything else, just reinforces what I and a few others here have been saying.
 
Cannuck
+1
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Let me put it this way. If everyone is really wanting peace, then they will voluntarily give up their nukes. Anything else, just reinforces what I and a few others here have been saying.

Yes, if everyone wanted peace it would be easy. Since not everybody wants peace, it isn't.
 
Just the Facts
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Let me put it this way. If everyone is really wanting peace, then they will voluntarily give up their nukes. Anything else, just reinforces what I and a few others here have been saying.

There's the rub, not everyone wants peace. Some entities cough Iran cough would see world disarmament as an opportunity to conquer said world with it's newly secretly developed nuclear arsenal.
 
gerryh
#40
Ya...ok.....

There isn't a country in the world, that is capable AND has the manpower to "conquer" the world. This is the same strawman bullshyte argument as Germany conquering the world if it hadn't been stopped in WWII.
 
Omicron
#41
Iran is a natural civilization.

Look at it on a 3D map and you will see how the borders draw around it.

Go there (which the dorks in Washington never have) and you'll see what everyone in the region know, which is that Iranians are a people, as strong and independent as England and France.

Of course they're going to do whatever they can to defend and survive. They are a people. What's everyone afraid of... Mullahs? Oh right, I forgot, the reason Mullahs are there is because of western involvement. Nice to have it back in your face, eh?

In the mean time there is a trade-issue where they have incredible carpets and we grow the best lamb on the planet.

Most Canadians don't know they grow the best lamb, because the locals eat only beef, but Europe buys tonnes of Canadian lamb from those ranchers who "know", while Safeway imports lamb from New Zealand to satisfy the plate of those who don't know, and we could trade tonnes of A1 lamb for the best carpets on the planet.

My question is... what does an Alberta sheep rancher do after his house is twelve inches thick in Persian carpets?

Poor Albertan sheep rancher, comes homes after a thorough day, lays down on twelve inches of Persian carpet, and his love comes in wearing transparent pantaloons...
Last edited by Omicron; Nov 12th, 2011 at 11:44 PM..
 
Ron in Regina
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by OmicronView Post

Iran is a natural civilization.

Look at it on a 3D map and you will see how the borders draw around it.

Go there (which the dorks in Washington have never done) and you'll see what everyone in the region know, which is that Iranians are a people, as strong and independent as England and France.

Of course they're going to do whatever they can to defend and survive. They are a people. What's everyone afraid of... Mullahs? Oh right, I forgot, the reason Mullahs are there is because of western involvement. Nice to have it back in your face, eh?

In the mean time there is a trade-issue where they have incredible carpets and we grow the best lamb on the planet.

Most Canadians don't know they grow the best lamb, because the locals only eat beef, but Europe buys tonnes of Canadian lamb from those ranchers who "know", while Safeway imports lamb from New Zealand to satisfy the plate of those who don't know, and we could trade tonnes of A1 lamb for the best carpets on the planet.

My question is... what does an Alberta sheep rancher do after his house is twelve inches thick in Persian carpets?

Poor Albertan sheep rancher, comes homes after a thorough day, lays down on twelve inches of Persian carpet, and his love comes in wearing transparent pantaloons...

What.....?



???
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

So WHAT exactly has been learned from that horrific Bombing of Japan??? Did it make the empire feel "good " about itself with all those deaths and then physical handicaps that resulted from that disaster??

Japan could have avoided the whole thing by surrendering.

Quote:

It is all the more reason for NO ONE to have Nukes. And that includes the empire and its little empirette Israel.

Empire?

Quote:

Why on earth should an empire that has USED such weaponry tell others what they can and can't have??? That is just a laughable , but calloused hypocricy ......again.

Is this your new word?

Quote:

Wonder what would happen if the empire stopped its crazy bully talk and threats to Iran completely. (well for one, Israel would have apoplexy )

Is it Star wars week on TBS again?
 
gerryh
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by OmicronView Post


Most Canadians don't know they grow the best lamb, because the locals eat only beef, but Europe buys tonnes of Canadian lamb from those ranchers who "know",


Prove your bullshyte. Europe buys sweet piss all when it comes to Canadian Lamb.
 
gopher
+1
#45
The latest ''disclosures'' about Iran's program were all previously released in 2007. See Informed Comment: Thoughts on the Middle East, History and Religion

By the way, the Russian nuclear ''expert'' who supposedly disclosed nuke tech to Iran, is nothing more than a diamond cutter or something like that. See that site for further details.
 
darkbeaver
#46
cannuk
Code:
Please don't be so silly as to compare Amahdickiyams comments with  western comments. Nobody in the west is calling for anybody to be wiped  off the map.
The west called for Libya to be wiped clean of freedom and so the wiping out of a free happy healthy nation. The west called for Iraq to be wiped the west calls for Syria Iran China Russia indeed any peoples who do not kiss the fat pimpled asses of zionist dogs. zionists are parasites on humanity
 
CDNBear
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Is it Star wars week on TBS again?

Spike and no. I'd know, because the boys would be bugging for the big screen.
 
Just the Facts
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Ya...ok.....

There isn't a country in the world, that is capable AND has the manpower to "conquer" the world. This is the same strawman bullshyte argument as Germany conquering the world if it hadn't been stopped in WWII.

lol actually they came frighteningly close before they were stopped. Manpower can be had, that's what recruitment centers are for. You DO realize, that a great many of Hitler's troops in Russia were Fins, Danes, Dutch, Ukranian etc. etc. who actually enlisted voluntarily into the German army, right?
 
darkbeaver
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Well N Korea is ruled by wackos - not as bad as Iran though. Justify it what ever way you want but having an Iran with a Nuke weapons capability scares the shxt out of many of its neighbors - and yes they also are Sunni - Western Europe to name a few.

You're a supporter of Israel, ruled by the worlds leading tribe of wackos who have terrorized and murdered many many of its neighbours. I think Iranian nuclear weapon parity with Israel would cement lasting peace, and nothing else will, at least until Israel circumvents the terms. You don't have an argument you have a pound of outrageous assumptions you're trying to make a deal with.
 
Goober
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

You're a supporter of Israel, ruled by the worlds leading tribe of wackos who have terrorized and murdered many many of its neighbours. I think Iranian nuclear weapon parity with Israel would cement lasting peace, and nothing else will, at least until Israel circumvents the terms. You don't have an argument you have a pound of outrageous assumptions you're trying to make a deal with.

I see you are a Papa

 
darkbeaver
+2
#51
The most successful global conquest to date has been the zionist conquest, no other in remembered history even approaches it for plunder and carnage.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I see you are a Papa

Step papa, I am a plucker not a ****er.
 
damngrumpy
+2
#52
First of all there is no justification for legitimate hate. Iran has not broken any laws.
Now the current system is an old boys club where they can have nukes and the
others are terrorists. Iran is operating within their boarders and developing the
defence systems they need to defend themselves. I don't care too much for Iran
or its politics but I equally concerned about nations that demand regime change
from other sovereign nations because they don't like their politics. The days of
nations like Britain, France, and America dictating to the world are just about over.
Many of the problems associated with the conditions we have today are direct
results of the massive problems we have.
Unfortunately instead of backing democracy to the wall the west builds up all the
players in the region and then they go in and make the world safe for tourists or
for some other silly reason. Iran is a problem, and how did it become such?
Over the last couple of centuries, Europeans exploited the region. After that the
Americans set up funded and protected the Leadership in Iran, the people were
exploited by their royal family as it were and in the end they turned to a radical
form of Islam and followed a monster. The country fell into a religious state and
to hell with reason or democracy or anything else. Reap what you sow is what the
Bible says and the reaping has begun.
I agree we have a huge problem but collectively we have built it up, and financed
the ruination of the balance of power in the Middle East. Saddam was the balance
he kept Iran at bay. Yes he was a tyrant, and so is everyone else including the
leaders of Saudi Arabia. Funny how we talk about human rights and democracy
in Morocco, or Libya even Egypt but not a word about Saudi Arabia. We demand
change in Iran, Syria, and almost everywhere else but not in Saudi Arabia.
I think something need to be done about Iran, but going to war is not a solution
especially if they have the bomb. All these embargo's won't work because they have
friends like Russia and even France.
The way to bring Iran into the mainstream of the world is to find a way to include not
exclude them. Exclusion breeds suspicion and a feeling of isolation which is exactly
what the current regime wants. If the people of Iran stand up, where are we? They
stood up and we did nothing. Why interfere in Libya and not Iran? All this right wing
propaganda about the Devil, is nonsense and insincere. If one is to talk in terms of
democracy it should be supported whether its in Libya, Syria, Iran, Egypt, or even in
Saudi Arabia. The truth is for most right wing governments is Money speaks louder
than words. Iran may be a threat to their neighbours from time to time but at one time
or another for some reason America threatens everyone with guns, embargo's or even
trade sanctions.
 
Goober
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

First of all there is no justification for legitimate hate. Iran has not broken any laws.
Now the current system is an old boys club where they can have nukes and the
others are terrorists. Iran is operating within their boarders and developing the
defence systems they need to defend themselves. I don't care too much for Iran
or its politics but I equally concerned about nations that demand regime change
from other sovereign nations because they don't like their politics. The days of
nations like Britain, France, and America dictating to the world are just about over.
Many of the problems associated with the conditions we have today are direct
results of the massive problems we have.
.

A Nuke capable Iran will cause more proliferation in the Mid East - They signed the NPT - It will destabilize the Mid East.
 
petros
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

A Nuke capable Iran will cause more proliferation in the Mid East - They signed the NPT - It will destabilize the Mid East.

How and why?
 
damngrumpy
+2
#55
It seems to me the United Nations and their friends have already destabilized the Middle
East, by destroying Iraq when they should have gone after Afghanistan. Oh sorry there
was no oil in Afghanistan how silly of me. I agree but then again Iran is developing its
own nuke program. Who is to determine what a nation can and cannot do inside their
own boarders. And don't quote from the human rights book. We all know that the human
rights issues only apply to those who can be threatened.
Mention human rights and sanctions to Saudi Arabia and chances are the leaders would
have to walk home. Tell China you want human rights and the workers should be allowed
to have a union. We should demand China pay fair wages and allow the average Joe to
travel like their rich elite and see what happens.
Sure Iran is a potential monster, but who created the monster? This is a jar of red herrings
and this one could backfire on the west. Most of the rest of the world will ignore the US
and their sanctions. America is losing its influence as they are losing their relevance.
Harsh but true, soon the real destabilization caused by US investors will contaminate the
entire world. Maybe there should be financial sanctions against America for allowing the
day traders and the crooked investment houses to violate the financial principals of trust
that is making life difficult for everyone.
It is time to clean up our own back yard.
 
Goober
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

How and why?

Are you of the opinion that a Nuke capable Iran will be beneficial and create stability in the region?
 
Cliffy
+1
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Are you of the opinion that a Nuke capable Iran will be beneficial and create stability in the region?

The west is the biggest destabalizing influence in the middle east. If we got the hell out there may be some stability eventually. I'm with Damngrumpy in that it was the US and Britain taking out Saddam that really set the fuse on this powder keg and it is time to back off.
 
Goober
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The west is the biggest destabalizing influence in the middle east. If we got the hell out there may be some stability eventually. I'm with Damngrumpy in that it was the US and Britain taking out Saddam that really set the fuse on this powder keg and it is time to back off.

And China and Russia are not?
 
Cliffy
+2
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

And China and Russia are not?

Are not what? Is this another diversionary tactic - hey look over there!?

What do they have to do with taking down Saddam?
 
gerryh
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Are not what? Is this another diversionary tactic - hey look over there!?

What do they have to do with taking down Saddam?


They have nothing to do with Saddam. Do you not recognize the basic troll, answer a question with a question.
 

Similar Threads

21
Iran sanctions poll
by goodbye4ever | May 2nd, 2010
0
EU sanctions illegal, says Iran
by Praxius | Jun 25th, 2008
0
UN imposes sanctions on Iran
by CBC News | Dec 24th, 2006
no new posts