Good British Bands.

snfu73
Anybody listen to some good british bands...in the vein of China Drum...or...switches...or...whatever. Just good, newer stuff?

eh1eh
When Blackleaf is on. He will have a comment I'll bet.

Blackleaf
Arctic Monkeys
Kaiser Chiefs
The Magic Numbers
Kasabian
The Editors
Maximo Park
"A"
Cradle of Filth
The Libertines
Franz Ferdinand
The Darkness

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by snfu73View Post

Anybody listen to some good british bands...in the vein of China Drum...or...switches...or...whatever. Just good, newer stuff?

The Beatles, period. All the rest are derivitive of them

snowles
The new albums from scots Idlewild and the Kaiser Chiefs are amazing, I love Keane, Franz Ferdinand, the Stereophonics and Muse, and my favourite all-time bands U2 (thought they're Irish) and Oasis are legendary.

Blackleaf, you're the only person I've seen ever mention the band A; I remember finding it by accident looking for American Hi-Fi (funny how search strings find A - Hi-Fi Serious), and have loved them since.

However, the Darkness are probably the worst thing to happen to rock music in the past decade.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by snowlesView Post

The new albums from scots Idlewild and the Kaiser Chiefs are amazing, I love Keane, Franz Ferdinand, the Stereophonics and Muse, and my favourite all-time bands U2 (thought they're Irish) and Oasis are legendary.

Blackleaf, you're the only person I've seen ever mention the band A; I remember finding it by accident looking for American Hi-Fi (funny how search strings find A - Hi-Fi Serious), and have loved them since.

However, the Darkness are probably the worst thing to happen to rock music in the past decade.

The Darkness was the only band on Blackleafs list that I'v heard and I like it a lot.

china
Sanctus
The Beatles, period. All the rest are derivitive of them_______________________________________

Yes,to that I say Let it Be.

marygaspe
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

Sanctus
The Beatles, period. All the rest are derivitive of them_______________________________________

Yes,to that I say Let it Be.

And I say a hearty yeah, yeah, yeah as well Once you've heard The Beatles, who cares what else comes out of Britain

El Barto
Led zep
Yes
BlackSabbath
Police
PinkFloyd
Peter Gabriel
Cream

Kreskin
Moody Blues
ELP
UK

El Barto
Yeah but mine is smokin music lol

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Led zep
Yes
BlackSabbath
Police
PinkFloyd
Peter Gabriel
Cream

YARDBIRDS, ANIMALS, ZOMBIES, KINKS, THE WHO, JETHRO TULL and on and on
for a little island they are very busy people.PROCAL HAREM, EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, DEEP PURPLE, but most of them are dead now aren't they
Last edited by darkbeaver; Feb 22nd, 2007 at 10:12 PM..

snfu73
I dunno...I don't hear much connection between the beatles and cradle of filth...

A, eh? Hmmmm....I should look into them.

I really like Ash...I used to really like Supergrass...I loved China Drum...and...so...I've come to the conclusion I like british music.

Got anymore? Any lesser known stuff...stuff that hasn't hit North America??

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

YARDBIRDS, ANIMALS, ZOMBIES, KINKS, THE WHO, JETHRO TULL and on and on
for a little island they are very busy people.PROCAL HAREM, EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, DEEP PURPLE, but most of them are dead now aren't they

Come on Beav, probably more like extended care.

darkbeaver
Alot of them must be on extended care.

hermanntrude
without any beating around the bush, i think we can safely say that I am the best thing that came out of britain.

snfu73
That goes without saying...but do you have an album out?? One that I can, preferably, illegally download...not that I would do such a bloody awful thing.

Kreskin
Herman's Hermits

csanopal
Easy question to answer..best bands from England====
\\

THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES,

AND BESIDES THE BEATLES:

JOHN LENNON
JOHN AND YOKO
GEORGE HARRISON
RINGSO STARR
PAUL MC CARTNEY AND WINGS
PAUL MC CARTNEY

darkbeaver
Dave Clark Five

wallyj
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

Kreskin
Manfred Mann's Earth Band

darkbeaver
The Hollies

Alexander
Wow, I like a lot of those bands.

Some other ones I listen to, which I think are British. Are Sex Pistols, The Clash, and Muse.

snfu73
Hohkay....well...how about...say...newer bands...where the members have not been shot, are in a coma, are in a retirement home, are still touring with mick jagger, or have released anything on CD, as opposed to only vinyl or 8 track...

Kreskin
There aren't any.

snfu73
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

There aren't any.

So sad.

darkbeaver
What about Symtom of The Down, where are they from?

snowles
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

What about Symtom of The Down, where are they from?

Is that a parody band? All I know is System Of A Down, who are American, but of Armenian heritage.

It's showing on your guys: I'm either one of the younger posters on board, or you're just all really old

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

without any beating around the bush, i think we can safely say that I am the best thing that came out of britain.

That song seems to have a sour note to it lol.