Cradle of Filth
The Libertines
Franz Ferdinand
The Darkness

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
The new albums from scots Idlewild and the Kaiser Chiefs are amazing, I love Keane, Franz Ferdinand, the Stereophonics and Muse, and my favourite all-time bands U2 (thought they're Irish) and Oasis are legendary.

Blackleaf, you're the only person I've seen ever mention the band A; I remember finding it by accident looking for American Hi-Fi (funny how search strings find A - Hi-Fi Serious), and have loved them since.

However, the Darkness are probably the worst thing to happen to rock music in the past decade.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The new albums from scots Idlewild and the Kaiser Chiefs are amazing, I love Keane, Franz Ferdinand, the Stereophonics and Muse, and my favourite all-time bands U2 (thought they're Irish) and Oasis are legendary.

Blackleaf, you're the only person I've seen ever mention the band A; I remember finding it by accident looking for American Hi-Fi (funny how search strings find A - Hi-Fi Serious), and have loved them since.

However, the Darkness are probably the worst thing to happen to rock music in the past decade.

The Darkness was the only band on Blackleafs list that I'v heard and I like it a lot.:wave:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Sanctus
The Beatles, period. All the rest are derivitive of them_______________________________________

Yes,to that I say Let it Be.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Sanctus
The Beatles, period. All the rest are derivitive of them_______________________________________

Yes,to that I say Let it Be.

And I say a hearty yeah, yeah, yeah as well:) Once you've heard The Beatles, who cares what else comes out of Britain;-)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Led zep
Yes
BlackSabbath
Police
PinkFloyd
Peter Gabriel
Cream

YARDBIRDS, ANIMALS, ZOMBIES, KINKS, THE WHO, JETHRO TULL and on and on
for a little island they are very busy people.PROCAL HAREM, EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, DEEP PURPLE, but most of them are dead now aren't they :wave:

Last edited:

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I dunno...I don't hear much connection between the beatles and cradle of filth...:)

A, eh? Hmmmm....I should look into them.

I really like Ash...I used to really like Supergrass...I loved China Drum...and...so...I've come to the conclusion I like british music.

Got anymore? Any lesser known stuff...stuff that hasn't hit North America??

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
YARDBIRDS, ANIMALS, ZOMBIES, KINKS, THE WHO, JETHRO TULL and on and on
for a little island they are very busy people.PROCAL HAREM, EMERSON LAKE & PALMER, DEEP PURPLE, but most of them are dead now aren't they :wave:

Come on Beav, probably more like extended care.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
Easy question to answer..best bands from England====
\\

THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES, THE BEATLES,

AND BESIDES THE BEATLES:

JOHN LENNON
JOHN AND YOKO
GEORGE HARRISON
RINGSO STARR