Moncton Marijuana Bust

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It's almost as if the RCMp is having a sort of contest with all the other detachments to see which one can break up the largest grow op in Canada. I got this ideal from the last night's newscast on CTV,after roughly 30 million dollars worth of pot was discovered just outside of Moncton & the RCMP spokesman said he wasn't sure if this was the largest seizure :) If it is a contest,I am wondering what the prizes are.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The plants were as big as trees and they had to use a bucket loader to harvest the stuff. Two Asian males were arrested for this,part of a larger group who were growing it in massive quantities here in the province. Yes,the mounties do a good job.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Some of the previous bunch were sent back to Vietnam-minus all the houses ,jewellry,cars,etc. that they bought with all the cash from their sales.They weren't here long enough to become Canadian :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I'll bet they made a lot of sales at the big Stones concert in Moncton last week.That might've been how they were found out.There were enough police there in attendance.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The local druglord here only made it to grade 3[Porky Blizzard],and he had the only Hummer in town. He's still on the loose,too,with a Canada wide arrest warrant on him. We could use Dog,the Bounty Hunter up here :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Moncton Marijuana Bus

We certainly don't need the thugs that act as bounty hunters in the US up here. Also, since marijuana should be fully legal, should these guys be charged for growing it at all? Actually, if we weren't rooked into this moronic war on drugs, these guys likely wouldn't be growing it because there'd be no money in it.

Why are the cops busting grow-ops anyway? We have a meth-amphetamine problem, we have an oxy-contin problem. Why are they wasting resources on something that's less harmful than alcohol?

It's time we got our priorities straight in this country and if Bush and his little buddies want to huff and puff about shutting down the border, let 'em. They'll re-open it in less than a week when it hits them in the pocketbook.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Moncton Marijuana Bus

Reverend Blair said:
Also, since marijuana should be fully legal, should these guys be charged for growing it at all?

Ahhh, but Marijuana is not fully legal, Rev. Last I checked, Canada still was a state of law. Thus, those possessing or growing marijuana should be arrested.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Why not though? Because the oil and cotton lobbies say so? Because the US government is incapable of understanding science and puts pressure on other countries to follow suit? Because making criminals out of people for growing and smoking a harmless plant has become a huge industry?

The RCMP would protect society better by ticketing jay-walkers than busting grow-ops. I realise that doesn't fit your puritanical worldview, Nascar Nero, but so little does...

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
In some areas you can carry a limited amount, personal, and not get busted. Our cops have better things to do, and I'm glad. There is a whole bunch of car thieves, thieves in general, rapists, child abuctors et al which IMO are a little more dangerous than someone kicking back with a case of the giggles and munchies.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

I know out here they rarely enforce Marijuana laws unless it is the odd grow op with the tv cameras around.

Plus that weed is just "dirt weed" anyways, so it would not of been that good anyways.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Plus they'd have to roll it all into pin joints and sell each one separately at the bar to make the kind of money the cops are claiming the bust was worth.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Moncton Marijuana Bus

Nascar_James said:
Reverend Blair said:
Ahhh, but Marijuana is not fully legal, Rev. Last I checked, Canada still was a state of law. Thus, those possessing or growing marijuana should be arrested.

Answer - Canada is not "a state of Law." The marijuana laws were deemed unconstitutional by a high Court. Another Court then resurrected those laws. According to law the second Court had no authority to do so. I'd much rather see the RCMP busting corrupt politicians then a few enterpeneurial individuals. Of course the RCMP love the photo op and the opportunity to suck up to the DEA. It's very embarrassing to see these police waste their time oppressing our people like this. The laws were imposed with no study or contemplation. Too many have already suffered

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Two more large pot busts this week-one totalling 19 thousand plants and the other,9 thousand. And,yes,this is part of the illegal Asian mob that seems to be the mastermind of our growops.Whether or not this drug should be legalized or not,these are low base criminals and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Generally,you can walk around this city smoking a joint and nobody says anything about it,and the local cops are pretty cool .our big drug problems here come from the sales of prescription drugs on the streets and Crack.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Same here. If you are smoking a joint you are basically ignored. The police say even if you are busted growing weed you do not get time even if its 6 or 7th time.

But They seem to be going after meth makers a lot these days as well. I guess that is the new epidemic.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It is dangerous to create,especially in cities[where the brew can explode!] A lot of single moms seem to be involved in doing this..very bad atmosphere for their kids :( Several exPot houses in my area are being renovated for human habitation now[the hammers are banging in the background as I type this]Even the walls had to come out !