Politicians & DumbAss Remarks - Opinions -

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Politicians & DumbAss Remarks - Opinions -

Politicians & DumbAss Remarks - Opinions - Well this thread is dedicated to all parties -Canada & our close friends in the US and elsewhere.

They all make them. Cons, Libs, NDP, Dems, Repubs, and other assorted idiots.

This thread is an equal opportunity place to tear the latest wing nut apart. If we gonna Hang Em - First we shoot the Bastaxd - Then we Hang Em High.

Now I am off to git me some really good hemp - Rope that is - We want somethin that snaps, no stretchin of that neck ya hear.

Lord knows we have enough to hang em every day and more will come along.

The good Lord blesssed us with an infinite supply of idiots.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." --George W. Bush, Mesa, Arizona, May 27, 2008

....could have a whole thread dedicated to Dubya alone

"Winnie the Pooh seems to me to be a fundamental text on national security." -- Richard Danzig

"I've already defeated one Conservative Prime Minister, I can defeat another." - Hedy Fry

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Johnny, that is a great site you put up - thanks. Laughed out loud over the political slurs and name-calling. Thought I'd share some of my favorites.

“If you’re a mayor and you have a problem, what do you do? You blame the provincial government. And when you’re the provincial government and you have a problem, what do you do? You blame the federal government. And for us, we cannot blame the Queen anymore, so we blame the Americans once in a while.”

- Jean Chrétien, former Prime Minister of Canada.

“The Liberals are a beanbag kind of party that looks like the last person that sat in it.”

- Bob Rae, Premier of Ontario 1990-95 and current Liberal MP.

“Dalton McGuinty. He’s an evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet.”

- Ontario PC news release on September 12, 2003.

“What is the difference between a cactus and a conservative caucus? On a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.”

- John Diefenbaker, former Prime Minister.

“Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.”

- C.D. Howe, Liberal cabinet minister representing Canada at a Washington DC meeting to resolve a shipping dispute.

“Paul Martin commits to positions like Britney Spears commits to marriage.”

- Stephen Harper, while announcing his candidacy for leader of the Federal Conservative Party in 2004.

“Watch out for the wall – as much as I’d like to see some of you guys hit it.”

- Stephen Harper speaking to journalists during the Conservative Party leadership convention in 2004.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No fair - GW has all the good lines in this one.

But here is one from the interwar period (1919-1939). "I believe that it is peace for our time." Neville Chamberlain speaking of the accord he and the French president has signed with Hitler in Munich, which essentially gave Germany the independent nation of Czechoslovakia without firing a shot.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I will say this for Chretin; I have never been so proud as a Canadian when he throttled that heckler at an outdoor press conference a while back... There is no other country where a national leader has 'taken the bull by the horns' the way that Chretin did.

My hat's off to him on that.

Well they all have their moments.

I was disappointed through that he didn't pluck out the man's eye like a ninja.