Haiti,lets discuss it civilly

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
That is just another reason to keep the military in those countries till they stabilize. I think we all left Haiti to soon. They still need a strong (UN) police presence that can support the people. As for Somalia, that would involve us with another war to crush the fighting factions and find out who is the legal government.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

That is just another reason to keep the military in those countries till they stabilize. I think we all left Haiti to soon. They still need a strong (UN) police presence that can support the people. As for Somalia, that would involve us with another war to crush the fighting factions and find out who is the legal government.

Let's face it, if we'd never left Haiti it probably would have been too soon. When was the last time Haiti was truly stable on it's own, at least for any decent length of time?

EagleSmack

That is just another reason to keep the military in those countries till they stabilize. I think we all left Haiti to soon. They still need a strong (UN) police presence that can support the people. .

You mean we didn't take over?

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Let's face it, if we'd never left Haiti it probably would have been too soon. When was the last time Haiti was truly stable on it's own, at least for any decent length of time?

Cannot remember when, but there must be a couple honest Haitians there.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

You mean we didn't take over?

I forgot, did we? Tough getting old.

EagleSmack

I forgot, did we? Tough getting old.

I heard we were taking over. )

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I heard we were taking over. )

Not unless you're a gold miner or gas driller.

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
Nope, just retired Yankee's buying up that beautiful coastal real-estate.