What if Kennedy wasn't assinated?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
His extramarital affairs would have been exposed while he was alive and he would probably be remembered as a lessor man. Kennedy would likely have escalated VietNam earlier and gone further. Kennedy did back the world into a corner with his "all or nothing" handling of the Cuban missle crisis. I remember the all night alerts, and the 2:00 am scrambles. I think that was the closest we came to WW3.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
His extramarital affairs would have been exposed while he was alive and he would probably be remembered as a lessor man. Kennedy would likely have escalated VietNam earlier and gone further. Kennedy did back the world into a corner with his "all or nothing" handling of the Cuban missle crisis. I remember the all night alerts, and the 2:00 am scrambles. I think that was the closest we came to WW3.

The Republicans would've had congressional hearings relating to his affair with Marilyn Monroe.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Republicans would've had congressional hearings relating to his affair with Marilyn Monroe.

Yeah, it would have been a bit like Watergate. More questions would have been asked about Marilyn Monroe's death. Questions that still haven't been answered to my satisfaction.

Whatever Kennedy did, he was better than Bush:wave: Of course one could say that about any president...:)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, it would have been a bit like Watergate. More questions would have been asked about Marilyn Monroe's death. Questions that still haven't been answered to my satisfaction.

Whatever Kennedy did, he was better than Bush:wave: Of course one could say that about any president...:)
Kennedy's cat would've been a better President than Bush, though I must admit having no evidence such cat existed.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
LOL! People still think he was assassinated! OMG that's funny.

He was taken away on the same spaceship as Elvis. I can prove this because I have a little commemerative button from that very spaceship....I got it from Wal-Mart.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
U.S. tourists might have been able to visit Cuba from the U.S. as Canadians can do.....

I think it is a shame Cuba is still locked out of American patronage and commerce and tourism....Cubans are a highly intellectual and hardworking people.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My personal opinion is that LBJ was a better President than Kennedy ever would have been. It is forgotten now, because of LBJ's connection with the Vietnam debacle, exactly how "progressive" he was. The Civil Rights legislation that he shoved through Congress with a mixture of carrot and stick was beyond the skill of the Kennedys to get passed. It required a southern Democrat of LBJ's manipulative skill.........

LBJ also was determined to alleviate poverty, white and black, in the United States.......and worked tirelessly towards that end. Unfortunately, Vietnam consumed an ever-increasing portion of his resources and energy.......LBJ was a Texan, he couldn't back down. A tragic hero in the classic sense, a good man destroyed by a events that revealed a deep, personal flaw.

John and Robert were essentually the new power generation in a massively corrupt dynasty.......old Joe was an incredible SOB. I think a few more years in power, and the shine would have really been off the Kennedy family........a shame, though, that Teddy, who is SUCH scum, is the only one surviving........

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Colpy

That was an interesting essay on LBJ - I didn't know much about his presidency except the war in VietNam as you write.... as to his presidential powers I've never read anything about his work in
office.

I'll have to do some reading on the man - you cast a new light on what before has been only negative
commentary and comparisons with the Kennedy group (who may have perpetuated much of it).....when they or their "sire" was a crook beyond simple corruption....

Thanks

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Got any ideas what the globe might be like had Kennedy not been murdered?
First off, right after the election, he would have pulled out of Vietnam.
Second, he would have continued his bizarre attempts to get rid of Castro.
Third, his womanizing and drug use would have caught up to him; probably the relations between the Kennedy brothers and Hoover would have caused a huge fight and public mess.