Genocide commited by the Catholic Church.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh I do love using the tactics of the looney left to get your attention...

The Churches stance on the use of condoms and their insuing propoganda blitz, is nothing less then genocide.

Thousands of Catholic devotees, are forbid the use of condoms at the cost of their very lives, because the Church demands it. Africa is in the middle of a tidal wave of death as AIDS takes its toll, and yet the church fails to give an inch to save thousands. All to preserve their strangle hold on their ideology. This course of action is at the very least criminal, at the most genocide. If this is left uncheck, the church will have no left in Africa as the congrigation dies off, for the will of their lord.

Shamefull.

http://www.condoms4life.org/facts/lesserEvil.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...heholycity.txt

http://www.actupny.org/YELL/stopchurch99.html

http://www.republicoft.com/2006/11/2...stinence-only/

http://feminist.org/news/newsbyte/us...ry.asp?id=8091

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I agree that the position taken by the Church is counter-intuitive to halting the epidemic, but I would not go so far to say that it is Genocide. The Catholic Church and it's organizations provide 25% of the Aids care, making it the worlds largest institution providing AIDS care. Also, there is evidence within the Church that views on AIDS and condom usage are liberalizing, though obviously not the official stance of the Church.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I'm going to get into trouble for my remarks..... but what the heck....

I guess it is too much to ask the people of Africa to make their own sensible decisions regarding condom use when planning to have sex? If they know they will probably get AIDS why do they continue to have unprotected sex?

There is only so much any church group or relief group can do if the people will not take responsibility for themselves.

This is such a horrible example of keeping people from self-fulfillment and making their own decisions - Africa has been the "relief project" for so many decades I think the people cannot think for themselves unless they check with an Aid Worker from the U.N.

That's the tragedy.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I agree with Curio that people have to make their own decisions. My problem with the catholic church is that they actually spread misinformation about condoms saying they allow HIV to pass anyways, so there is no point in using them. In a place where the church is one of the biggest educators, that's unacceptable. People can't make informed decisions when they are given false information.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The problem is really the with the peoples attitudes. I saw a documentary on the AIDS epidemic, the men simply refused to wear the condoms, and they didn't care about AIDS, one fella didn't even care if one of his friends who had AIDS had sex with his sister. They work in crappy jobs all day and then they would get drunk on some kinda hooch and shag like theres no tommorow, which is really more literal than the saying should be.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Since the Catholics in Africa make up only a fraction of one percent of the population, it is hardly fair to blame them for the AIDS pandemic because they don't condone the condom..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Since the Catholics in Africa make up only a fraction of one percent of the population, it is hardly fair to blame them for the AIDS pandemic because they don't condone the condom..
Whatever you do, don't read a link or anything!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One more point.

The Catholic population in Africa is actually rising.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I read the links, and I agree that the Church not relenting on it's opposition to contraception is harmful. The point is that the young men and women having promiscuous sex do not care what the RC church thinks. Obviously preaching abstinence isn't working, so why would they care what the Church is saying about condoms.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I read the links, and I agree that the Church not relenting on it's opposition to contraception is harmful. The point is that the young men and women having promiscuous sex do not care what the RC church thinks. Obviously preaching abstinence isn't working, so why would they care what the Church is saying about condoms.
That wasn't the point of this post or the one I made in a thread that started this.

The point is, condoms generaly work. The fact that the church lies about their effects via propoganda, is criminal. Period.

Whether the effects of that lie are a thousand or, but one, it still smacks of murder by deception. The whole issue is the church is a joke. I picked the OP and the title for pure shock value and nothing more.

I'm still looking for the link I had that detailed the Vaticans holding in a company that held a condom manufacturer.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I would like to see the Catholic Church reform some of their draconian laws regarding sex, it's not like a Priest is getting any so is he really the best person to advice a congregation? NO. The use of condems in the third world is a health issue and frankly the Church should cede to Medicine they are the experts. There's nothing in the bible that I can recall to condem using protection, they didn't have condems in the dark ages. A little less religion in these poor and suffering countries and a little more factual Education and Medicine would go along way to stopping this epidemic.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tonington said what I wanted to but already lit enough fuse in my first remark....

Bear what you linked us to is tragic as well, but fact being what it is - the men of Africa simply laugh at any common sense argument for using condoms - they simply will not wear them. The women don't care, or are too afraid to insist they have protected sex....

It seems racist even writing it but fact if fact - these people don't seem to understand the consequences and they laugh in the face of both those who educate re condoms and the church which preaches abstinence...neither are acceptable to them... they simply do not care.

Decades down the line people in free democracies are still going to be writing about the AIDS epidemic in Africa - or some even more destructive virus which is wiping out the ever increasing population ... It would take a whole generational separation of the sexes to get it under control at this point - what about ten years from now?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Tonington said what I wanted to but already lit enough fuse in my first remark....

Bear what you linked us to is tragic as well, but fact being what it is - the men of Africa simply laugh at any common sense argument for using condoms - they simply will not wear them. The women don't care, or are too afraid to insist they have protected sex....

It seems racist even writing it but fact if fact - these people don't seem to understand the consequences and they laugh in the face of both those who educate re condoms and the church which preaches abstinence...neither are acceptable to them... they simply do not care.

Decades down the line people in free democracies are still going to be writing about the AIDS epidemic in Africa - or some even more destructive virus which is wiping out the ever increasing population ... It would take a whole generational separation of the sexes to get it under control at this point - what about ten years from now?
I understand WC, but the point of my grosesquely over dramatic OP and title was to draw attention to the hypocracy in the Church and the very foundation of their stance on condoms is beyond reckless, it's criminal.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bear

Exactly - and the RC Church understands they are giving money to a cause which cannot remediate the problem and are preaching an aspirin for cancer.

But that is what they are committed to.

Until the African nations find a leader, a messiah, a wonderkind who can get through to their aggressive need to have sex any time without fear of consequences and infections....nothing can be done.

What appears to be done by the medical and scientific community in the treatment of the virus itself, is as minor as preaching about condoms. The virus and sex are the masters of that continent.

It is a deadly tsunami of historic proportions and I see the peoples of Africa being decimated....unless they themselves decide what will be their fate.

Until some say "no more".... there is nothing we can make them do.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
What alot on non-Catholics don't understand is the use of protection during sex is considered a SIN so if those practicing Catholics in Africa are being told to use the protection visa vie a condom that is a sin--a mortal sin. So in essence Bear is correct the Church and it's teachings are contributing to the spread of aides. To put forth their doctorine seems hypicritical to me, don't practice safe sex it's a sin but the Church will wipe your fevered brow whilst you died from a desease that can be prevented by education and Medical intervention. The Church is part of a problem and the Catholic church will never address it's idiology, the Pope thinks he's God remember.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
As I said earlier, the wheels of change are moving in the Catholic church. I still wouldn't hold my breath, but the news is promissing. Pope Benedict commissioned a study on AIDS and condoms, with input from scientists and moral theologians. There are some within the Church which want to use the double effect principle to condone the use of condoms. I don't think the Pope and his congregation has announced the response yet.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
In this case....

.... the Catholic church could consider the condom as a prevention just as we take many medicines for abatement of illness or medical equipment to prevent further injury such as casts on broken bones...

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It's a Catch 52 for the church. It's not the lack of condoms that's spreading AIDS; it's promiscuity. The condom, of course, is meant to lessen the consequences of the latter. The church supports abstinence and then, within marriage, a birth control free matrimonial union. Despite the horrific environmental consequences of a subseqent, exploding human population, the church is sticking to first principles and a biblically sound policy stance. The secular world insists the church change its ways and help prevent the spread of calamitous disease; however, it's not the church's fault that rampant decadence has led the world, especially Africa, to this present ruinous state. All the church is doing is sticking by tradition. I'm not Catholic and I'm not the pope. But If I was, I'd say this: before you ask the church to change to meet your standards, what are you doing to solve the lifestyle and relationship crises that are obviously behind your latest pressing request?