Toronto Terrorists - expected result of invasion

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Having Canadian troops in foreign lands isn't the answer, its the problem, its a mistake. The news today that 12 potential terrorists were living in Toronto, and possibly plotting a terrorist action, is testament to that mistake.

The "Toronto fertilizer bomb suspects" were arrested [on Saturday June 3 2006, today] before they did anything other than gather materials, as we are told. Since it somes to us thru "the corporate media a la Harper", we have to try and wrangle the truth out of it on our own. This could all be a set up story, and no real threat.

If it is real, if these are actually Arabs intent on causing damage and death in Canada and not just a phoney arrest to bolster support for occupying Afghanistan with Canadian troops, then we could actually start to believe Canadians are under threat. Note that many people see that response as being the opposite direction to resolving the disputes.

What Canada's response should be, if these are real terrorists, is that we should GET OUT OF AFGHANISTAN.

Thats not cowardice, its just facing up to the fact that we have pissed someone off badly, and wrongly, and without provocation, and that Canadas troops in Afghanistan are assaulting some of the very rights we are so proud of - soveriegnty, for eg.

Besides, this whole terrorist threat deal - with the USA's terrible quest for domination of oil and therefore all economies on earth - is confusing the issue so badly that we cannot make any firm judgements on weather or not we should be in Afghanistan. We should ask the regular Afghans if they want us there or not. Now that the citizens have been so brutally attacked by American trigger happy military lunatics, I doubt that the Afghan citizenry has much confidence in Canadian troops either.

It is, in fact, our close relations with the USA has made certain that the Afghanis cannot/will not/do not want us there. The USA's long history if criminal acts on foreighn soils has come home to roost, and Canada would do well to separate itself as much as possible from thoise crimes and criminals.

And thats why - if it is real - that these Toronto Terrorists wanted to strike Canada. More military forces in foreign lands isn't the answer, its the problem.

If its real, then it can be said that we have brought this on ourselves, and the final key was that Harper is in the PM chair parroting the American propagandist rhetoric and supporting their militarisation of planet earth as a justifyable means of ensuring survival of their fossil fuels based economy. Its all so shallow.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
RE: Toronto Terrorists -

Actually Karlin it's people like you who hero-worship terrorists that is too blame for this.

These are home-grown terrorists appearently. Just like you they think terroists are cool. Why, they're freedom fighters. They're cool. Jihad sounds cool. They're anti-American, and that's cool.

That's why these pin heads even exist.

Having Canadian troops in foreign lands isn't the answer, its the problem, its a mistake. The news today that 12 potential terrorists were living in Toronto, and possibly plotting a terrorist action, is testament to that mistake.

'Course facts and logic roll off you people like water off a ducks back. The investigation here has been going on since 2004. But whatever, right?

You have no idea about international terrorism.

You have no idea about Afghanistan.

You have no idea about 9/11.

All you guys have is websites like "prisionplanet.org". Shit even Alternative Radio understands terrorism better than you people.

lol. You kids are hopelsss

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Toronto Terrorists -

Claudius said:
Actually Karlin it's people like you who hero-worship terrorists that is too blame for this.

These are home-grown terrorists appearently. Just like you they think terroists are cool. Why, they're freedom fighters. They're cool. Jihad sounds cool. They're anti-American, and that's cool.

'Course facts and logic roll off you people like water off a ducks back. The investigation here has been going on since 2004. But whatever, right?

All you guys have is websites like "prisionplanet.org". Shit even Alternative Radio understands terrorism better than you people.

Do you have evidence that alquada was behind 9-11?

You have none.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006

You have none.

Oh. so it being difficult to prove al-Qaeda did 9/11 = what? That it was an inside job? ok. whatever aeon.

Guess what? You can't 'prove' evolution either....that's why they call it a theory. But it's reality none-the-less.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Claudius said:

You have none.

Oh. so it being difficult to prove al-Qaeda did 9/11 = what? That it was an inside job? ok. whatever aeon.

Guess what? You can't 'prove' evolution either....that's why they call it a theory. But it's reality none-the-less.

What evolution theory has to do with an event like this? evolution theory is quite different.

Still , there is just no evidence that alquada is behind 9-11.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006

Whatever aeon. I've read the threads where you guys argue this. The reason I bring up the theory of evolution (actually you know why I did but now you're going to play dumb) is that people like you decide what constitutes evidence and what doesn't based SOLEY on what you want to believe, not what is.

I could sit here all day and show you 'evidence' of evolution and you could still throw it back in my face and say "it doesn't prove anything" --- and you'd be right, technically.

Same thing with 9/11. We could show you all the dots but you could still refuse to connect them and instead point me to some other site (like you did on the other thread) where they are saying something you prefer....and they have no proof either....just a lot of 'it appears that' and 'sources say perhaps...' and all sorts of circumstantial evidence that is fine when it implies what you believe but worthless when it says something you don't want to believe.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Toronto terrorists, how convienient. We should be distanceing ourselves from Afghanistan and America (the states) thier forigne policy will cost us more than our relationship is worth.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Claudius said:

Try some facts and logic on us Claudius.
Give us your ideas of international terrorism.
Give us your ideas about the 9/11 WTC incident.

Give us your definition of terrorist. :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

darkbeaver said:
Toronto terrorists, how convienient. We should be distanceing ourselves from Afghanistan and America (the states) thier forigne policy will cost us more than our relationship is worth.

Beav, as I said on another thread, you forget the threat to Canada predates 911 and the invasion of Afghanistan.

Remember Ressam and his Merry Crew Of Miscreants in Montreal? They planned an attack on the Jewish community there before being diverted to LAX. Remember the Canadians killed on 911?

Sorry, driving your head into the sand won't help here. We are at war with a bunch of evil lunatics, and we'd best stand up and do our part.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
Darkbeaver types with his nose:
:lol:

You know usually it's not indicative of anything when someone makes a spelling error. Usually it's a typo or they were in a rush or whatever. I usually just try and concentrate on the persons point (if they have one). But it's really hard to take someone seriously when there's a glaring spelling mistake right there in their signature. I mean this is these are going to be the words that someone figures is going to represent them or something they feel is important and they believe in....and I mean it's their SIGNATURE ....they see it every day in front of them. Every post they make. Looks real stupid when they can't even spell it right....and then it goes over their head for the next 20 months.

I mean you quote someone: you read what they said, and you still spell it wrong. wow. And then this guy is going to try and tell you 'what's what'...and all the conspiricies that are out there and all the lies and all the evidence. You wanna take them seriously but you just can't help but to sit back and laugh. If I could take them seriously maybe I would give them the definitions they are demanding.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Colpy said:
. Remember the Canadians killed on 911?

Yep, and that is why , it is important to ask for an independant comission on 9-11, not a circus like we saw.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Claudius said:
Whatever aeon. I've read the threads where you guys argue this. The reason I bring up the theory of evolution (actually you know why I did but now you're going to play dumb) is that people like you decide what constitutes evidence and what doesn't based SOLEY on what you want to believe, not what is.

I could sit here all day and show you 'evidence' of evolution and you could still throw it back in my face and say "it doesn't prove anything" --- and you'd be right, technically.

Same thing with 9/11. We could show you all the dots but you could still refuse to connect them and instead point me to some other site (like you did on the other thread) where they are saying something you prefer....and they have no proof either....just a lot of 'it appears that' and 'sources say perhaps...' and all sorts of circumstantial evidence that is fine when it implies what you believe but worthless when it says something you don't want to believe.

All the dots?? show them to me, damn it, this is what i am asking since 9-11, dont bring me this video, brought by us officials.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Claudius said:
Darkbeaver types with his nose:

You know usually it's not indicative of anything when someone makes a spelling error. Usually it's a typo or they were in a rush or whatever. I usually just try and concentrate on the persons point (if they have one). But it's really hard to take someone seriously when there's a glaring spelling mistake right there in their signature. I mean this is these are going to be the words that someone figures is going to represent them or something they feel is important and they believe in....and I mean it's their SIGNATURE ....they see it every day in front of them. Every post they make. Looks real stupid when they can't even spell it right....and then it goes over their head for the next 20 months.

I mean you quote someone: you read what they said, and you still spell it wrong. wow. And then this guy is going to try and tell you 'what's what'...and all the conspiricies that are out there and all the lies and all the evidence. You wanna take them seriously but you just can't help but to sit back and laugh. If I could take them seriously maybe I would give them the definitions they are demanding.

I strongly defy you, to bring those evidence that you rely on to prove alquada are behind 9-11.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006

aeon

I strongly defy you, to bring those evidence that you rely on to prove alquada are behind 9-11.

Wow. Why on earth should I bother? I've seen your 'evidence'. I've seen the way you guys argue this for 1000 posts. You 'defy' me to bring evidence, even after I told you why I know that won't do any good. You'll see what you want to see and nothing more. There are adults, on this and other forums, who will admit it when they are either wrong or when the other has a point.

I know in advance you are incapable of this. That’s why I brought up the theory of evolution….a perfect example of FACT that we could still argue all day about. No thanks. You can now take my refusal as more of your ‘proof’ that 9/11 was all Bush or whatever.