Do you have anything to replace U.N.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now, maybe in America the United Nations is not well liked. However, it is extremely popular in other nations especially in African and Asia.

And even though the U.N needs alot of improvement. With the lose of the U.N I am sure America wouldn't want to tax its people and send over its soldiers to provide peace in places that the United Nations is right now. Or deal with human rights or faminies and natural disasters.

U.N needs improvement but the world would be worst off if it was gone.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Jersay, the UN is highly distrusted in Africa ever since
the 1960s Congo disaster.

Most surviving women and men in Rwanda observe
rather intelligently they wished the UN had never
showed up giving them such false hope and false
security.

The UN is very much like America's FEMA, full
of problems, full of people not understanding
the difficult logistics and bureaucratic problems
involved in helping others.

I happen to support the UN as it is, but with
more accurate audit trails (and Kreskin this is no
mere scarecrow issue) to make it better.

I just can't stand all the blind myths and wrongheaded
hopes for what the UN should be or what it can do.

I really like how it is with all its blemishes.

I really do think more accurate auditing and
the new word "transparency" where all can see
can only help it, not hurt it.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41878

President Bush and Congress have a unique opportunity to move the world forward toward a global system of dialogue and cooperation. Instead of trying to salvage the U.N. through another round of reforms and glossing over the cavernous scandals, Congress should simply stop funding this corrupt institution, and the president should use his bully pulpit to invite other freedom-loving nations to begin discussions toward the development of a voluntary system of global dialogue

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't think we need to worry whether or not Venezuela will join....it won't. Let it fund the current so called United Nations. Same with plenty of other nations.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Do you have anything

Yeah, the uh, U.N. is pretty much a waste of time in my opinion. In order to be effective, the organization would require a major overhaul.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
To answer your question, no they don't have a replacement.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Jersay said:
Now, maybe in America the United Nations is not well liked. However, it is extremely popular in other nations especially in African and Asia.

And even though the U.N needs alot of improvement. With the lose of the U.N I am sure America wouldn't want to tax its people and send over its soldiers to provide peace in places that the United Nations is right now. Or deal with human rights or faminies and natural disasters.

You have your pulse on the American people in regards to this. The American people do not want to be taxed and have their soldiers sent at the request of other nations who are not so willing to send their own. As a matter of fact I believe you will see a lot less of the US sending soldiers over seas in the UNs name.

But as it stands today the American people ARE being taxed, not only to send our soldiers over seas on our own missions but picking up a portion of the tab to support UN Missions that do not involve US ground troops.

We do not like being taxed for that, but we are.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's too bad. I don't say this to blame anyone. There's enough blame to be shared. But as the world gets more dangerous the political differences of all nations grows wider. It will be pretty tough to make this a safer world with everyone polarized.

You never see any organization work well when the stakeholders don't use the same playbook. It doesn't work in sports, business, cub scouts, Kinsmen, investment clubs, education, government, or hopscotch. The same principle applies anywhere. TEAM. Together Everyone Achieves More.

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
Jersay said:

i agreed

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005

On Tuesday, the same day that Iran surprised the world that they may have successfully enriched enriched uranium to 3.5%, they were elected Deputy on the UN Commission of Disarmament:
United Nations Commission on Disarmament on Tuesday elected Iran as deputy for Asian nations.

The UN Commission on Disarmament which is subsidiary organ of the General Assembly will review disarmament and international security.
The slightly revamped, but still shamefully inadequate, UN Human Rights Group is not doing any better:

* 15 human rights groups expressed outrage over Switzerland's nomination of Jean Ziegler, founder of the "Muammar Khadhafi Human Rights Prize," to be an expert for the UN's new Human Rights Council.

* China, Iran, Cuba, Russia, Venezuela and Algeria are in the running for positions on the Council (Fox Video)
* The US, who was one of four nations to vote against the new council, declined to be a part of the sham.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
zoofer said:

On Tuesday, the same day that Iran surprised the world that they may have successfully enriched enriched uranium to 3.5%, they were elected Deputy on the UN Commission of Disarmament:
United Nations Commission on Disarmament on Tuesday elected Iran as deputy for Asian nations.

The UN Commission on Disarmament which is subsidiary organ of the General Assembly will review disarmament and international security.
The slightly revamped, but still shamefully inadequate, UN Human Rights Group is not doing any better:

* 15 human rights groups expressed outrage over Switzerland's nomination of Jean Ziegler, founder of the "Muammar Khadhafi Human Rights Prize," to be an expert for the UN's new Human Rights Council.

* China, Iran, Cuba, Russia, Venezuela and Algeria are in the running for positions on the Council (Fox Video)
* The US, who was one of four nations to vote against the new council, declined to be a part of the sham.

Well Zoof just put Bush on the council. Only Bush. There is really only one side to every story. Bush's side.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Kreskin... why even bring Bush up?

Hey, keep the US off the councils but please don't make it a complete mockery.

Iran on the Council of Disarmament!

Cuba and China in the running for Human Right Council!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: Do you have anything to replace U.N.

EagleSmack said:
Kreskin... why even bring Bush up?

Hey, keep the US off the councils but please don't make it a complete mockery.

Iran on the Council of Disarmament!

Cuba and China in the running for Human Right Council!

What in hell gives the US the right to be on a disarmament panel? Is it the leading-by-example part? Is it the never-use-nukes policy? Some of these countries have done remarkably better at not nuking people, not starting wars on rumours, and not stockpiling weapons of mass destruction.

The world is more than Crawford Texas.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
READ MY POST

Keep us off the councils I said... but don't make a mockery but putting these nations on them.

Oh yes... great point. Russia and China never stocked WMD's. You could have used better selection.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

EagleSmack said:
READ MY POST

Keep us off the councils I said... but don't make a mockery but putting these nations on them.

Oh yes... great point. Russia and China never stocked WMD's. You could have used better selection.

I didn't know China was part of the evil empire. So far they're the poster child for peace. They didn't invade Hong Kong, they waited for the Brits lease to expire. Seems highly responsible to me.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Kreskin said:
EagleSmack said:
READ MY POST

I didn't know China was part of the evil empire. So far they're the poster child for peace. They didn't invade Hong Kong, they waited for the Brits lease to expire. Seems highly responsible to me.

China and peace.....let's see....

Involvement in the Korean War

Invasion of Vietnam

Backers of the Khymer Rouge regime in Cambodia that murdered 25% of the population.

The fastest growing large military on earth

threats to Taiwan

Attacks on American aircraft in international airspace

Backers of Robert Mugabe

Backers of the regime in Sudan

Threats to Japan

Involvement in piracy

I'd wait a bit before I nominated China's leaders for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
So it really comes down to Bush being the security council. Only Bush. Just what I said in the first place. Nothing else is good enough for the freedom fighters.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Bush's Council?

I don't think that any one in particular, be it His Excellency the Honourable George Bush¹, the President of the United States of America or otherwise, should have the permanent right to sit on a sort of committee that has the right to veto every action or resolution debated and voted on by a two-hundred-some member organization. I don't think that there should be any permanent members period, per se; rather, I think that we should come up with some way to appropriately select nations to sit on some sort of "executive committee" (the Senate to the Commons, so to speak).

¹ Perhaps if I keep repeating it, one day I might believe it?

:!: Revision : Added footnote.