Popular Militant Religion Evangelist says Kill Chavez

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
300,000 people a day watch Pat Robertson preach his poisen on TV.

Today he called for "operatives" to take out Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. Robertson says Chavez's political success is a threat to the USA., and "instead of spending $200Billion invading Venezuela, just send in the CIA to assassinate him"

Terrorism is ok as long as Americans do it I guess.... and as defined by Patriot Act Laws, he has just promoted terrorism from within the USA.

Hey Pat - don't forget, the Rapture is coming and evil people like Chavez will be burned to ashes anyhow.Sheesh, are these people real? Yup, and they are running the show. Militant religion is a dangerous mess.

Can I get offa this ride now pleae? :roll:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re:Kill Chavez twist

http://norwegianity.com/
“the more often Americans go to church, the more supportive they are of U.S. foreign policy”

So, who else in America suppports assassinations of Chavez and other foreign leaders who are "un-american" ? - People who go to church. Mygawd, I used to be one of them!!

Assassinating Chvez, who intends to give money and farmlads to the poor of Venezuela, and nationalise the oil so that all citizens benefit from its profits, is an old idea I hear.
Here is an article:
http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=155&row=1

Plus, there was that post about China sending special forces to Venezuela to protect Chavez from an American-CIA attempt on his life.

PS - Hypocracy is Pat Robertson's/Republican's forte - he tells us gambling is bad, but owns an enpensive racehorse, for one.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Mr. Robertson, 75, founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a former presidential candidate, has made controversial statements in the past. In October 2003, he suggested that the U.S. State Department be blown up with a nuclear device.

He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practise witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

(from G&M story today)

This guy is a total nutball! Who really cares?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
MMMike said:
Mr. Robertson, 75, founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a former presidential candidate, has made controversial statements in the past. In October 2003, he suggested that the U.S. State Department be blown up with a nuclear device.

He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practise witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

(from G&M story today)

300,000 people evidently... :roll:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Vanni Fucci said:
MMMike said:

(from G&M story today)

Yeah, good thing we don't have any nutbars here in Canada, eh?

Eh??!! :wink:

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
MMMike said:
Vanni Fucci said:
MMMike said:

(from G&M story today)

Yeah, good thing we don't have any nutbars here in Canada, eh?

Eh??!! :wink:

Well I'd never even hint at saying something like that...but with the mindset of the US right now, the crap Robertson is saying will surely get people killed...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
300,000 people a day watch Pat Robertson preach his poisen on TV.

that could explain the "mindSET" of many Americans today. Wondering how many people have signed up for the job of assassination..........(all for a higher "Christian " cause or the national "security".....( the latter being the new catch excuse for just about any dastardly act. ) Amazing the lengths these fanatics will go , and more amazing is that so many follow along like good non thinking, highly programmed little sheep. Easy for some to laugh this insanity off........while others can take this bloke seriously and take up his cause. Then "they" have the balls to condemn any other form of fanatacism/extremism .... when they are the living example of same. World is going crazier by the minute and having dysfunctional fanatics at the helm of both gov't and religious groups ......is a recipe for disaster.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What Bible is he reading?

My guess is, he and Bin Laden are reading the same book. You see, someone snuck into both their edrooms one night, stole their Bible and Qur'an, and replaced them with a book promoting terrorism, but with 'The Holy Bible' titled on one, and "The Holy Qur'an" on the other. Amazing, innit!

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
“Public Agenda’s Michael Remaley said the poll reflects evangelical Christians’ greater tendency to view the world in terms of good and evil” Um, who gives a fuck what spin this guy puts on these numbers, the bottom line is that American Christians are being duped by lying preachers.

Maybe the preachers are lying, or maybe they are just followers farther up the food chain. The fact is that men like Pat Robertson's cold and calculated advocation of killing a man whose views are not exactly that of the U.S's show the power that men like this wield (This was not some fiery emotional speech, it was Pat Robertson standing there on his 700 Club set saying this man should be assasinated).

Too publicly state that this man should die, (although I am not well versed in Hugo Chavez's political career, except that his strategies on oil exporting and trade get him the majority of voters from the impoverished sectors and that he is hated by the upper class of Venezuela) is short-sighted, ignorant, and very VERY un-Christian.

~J

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
What a fecking peice of work religious feckhead :evil:

Responding on the August 24 broadcast of The 700 Club to the outcry over his August 22 comments calling for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, Pat Robertson falsely denied that he used the word "assassination" and claimed that he was "misinterpreted" by the Associated Press, which first reported the story following Media Matters for America's posting of the transcript and video clip of his comments. Robertson claimed that what he had said on August 22 was that the U.S. should "take him [Chavez] out," adding that "there are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him." In fact, Robertson did use the word "assassination" in the August 22 broadcast and said, "f he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it."

Robertson issued his denial during an interview with former ambassador-at-large for the Republic of Venezuela and outspoken Chavez critic Thor Halvorssen on the August 24 broadcast of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club:

HALVORSSEN: Now, I think that it's very important to also note your comments were about assassination. The person -- I think that alternative is lowering to his level.

ROBERTSON: Wait a minute, I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should, quote, "take him out," and "take him out" can be a number of things including kidnapping. There are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP, but that happens all the time.

HALVORSSEN: Well, he in fact tried to use that. Chavez, in 1992, attempted to assassinate the democratically elected President Carlos Andrés Pérez and his family and he failed, and for that he went to jail. The person who began this, who started the concept of assassination for political reasons, was in fact Hugo Chavez, and his foreign minister is a former guerrilla terrorist. They basically have no standing to criticize anyone who made remarks that like -- you know, that were misinterpreted like the ones you made.

In fact, Robertson explicitly called for Chavez's assassination on the August 22 broadcast of The 700 Club:

ROBERTSON: You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. And I don't think any oil shipments will stop. But this man is a terrific danger and the United ... This is in our sphere of influence, so we can't let this happen. We have the Monroe Doctrine, we have other doctrines that we have announced. And without question, this is a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil, that could hurt us very badly. We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.

— N.C.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Robertson and Bush have clashed before - In 2002 or 03 Robertson said Bush said "there won't be any casualties" if they invade Iraq, after warning Bush that they should not go into Iraq.

bush aids said he never said that.

it all started over Robertson saying GOD spoke to Robertson himself , saying that "the war will be messy", and meanwhile bush saying God talked to him, and the message was to "invade Iraq".

Robertson later faced Bush with 'the news from GOD', but they didn't come to explain the difference.

oy moy goyd, we are truly fecked eh?

eh - feck ME this is just as stumpheaded stupid as things were in the 50s, the same politicians ranting morality and waging horrors.
Oh ya, GOD made men and so we can't do wrong, FECK-me ; fek fek fek fek fek ME fek

we har fecies in our hairs eh?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Had it been an Islamic religious leader who said that some European or American pol should be taken out, Bush and his pundits would be saying that it affirmed their allegations that Arabs are all terrorists.

IMPEACH ROBERTSON! :evil:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Robertson is a nut, but a case could be made that he should be arrested under the new anti terrorism legislation.

I wonder if that will happen?

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
I doubt it, I would be shocked if ne thing ever amounted from this. I'd expect the whole public apology thing and then he will get back to his real work, praying for Supreme Court Judge changings by any means necessary.