China warns the US.....

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28cfe55a-f4a7-11d9-9dd1-00000e2511c8.html

seems the USG might want to do some serious rethink on how it handles international affairs. It's over aggressive nature/stance has dissed the world off and it seems like some nations are not going to put up with it .

How tragic to see this get this far out of control.

China is prepared to use nuclear weapons against the US if it is attacked by Washington during a confrontation over Taiwan, a Chinese general said on Thursday.

“If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,” said General Zhu Chenghu.

Gen Zhu was speaking at a function for foreign journalists organised, in part, by the Chinese government. He added that China's definition of its territory included warships and aircraft.

“If the Americans are determined to interfere [then] we will be determined to respond,” said Gen Zhu, who is also a professor at China's National Defence University.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Not that I agree with Bush but this should open peoples eyes to what China is all about .Its time to send those assholes a message PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND STOP BUYING MADE IN CHINA GOODS :evil:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Not that I agree with Bush but this should open peoples eyes to what China is all about .Its time to send those assholes a message PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND STOP BUYING MADE IN CHINA GOODS :evil:

Don't think that is the issue. China is simply making a "position statement". The US (G) does that all the time. The issue is US(G) meddling and interfering. .......where it is not nec....or asked for.

wanna try and find something that ISN'T made in China .......or at least part of it is??? :wink: (kidding.......but only sorta)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom2 said:
I do as much as possible Ocean . My new dishes are made in Italy :wink:

sounds nice. I like clothes from Italy too. ( France isn't too bad either when it comes to fashion. ) a tad pricey :(

but seriously, this stance from China is not all that surprising. Might be wise not to provoke them. (or anyone else for that matter now. Things are just too "sensitive" world wide at the moment)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: China warns the US...

I don't think the US would try to liberate or protect Taiwan from China because bullies and thugs tend to only pick on people that do not have the means to fight back.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: China warns the US...

Reverend Blair said:
Oh good...I was just getting used to the idea of the Cold War being over. Thanks George, you friggin' idiot.

Oh come on, Blair - it's been like this since the first Ape-man figured out that caressing the side of another guys temple, with a 3 pound ROCK, got a little co-operation from him.... It will never change; that went out with Yasgar's farm. :wink:

Fer Krysakes, have a child, while you still can - IT AIN'T GONNA GET ANY BETTER! That excuse, Sir, is stale - very stale. :roll:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

no1important said:
I don't think the US would try to liberate or protect Taiwan from China because bullies and thugs tend to only pick on people that do not have the means to fight back.

China test fired missiles in 1996. The U.S. responded by sending warships to the straits, in what would become the largest show of naval force since the Vietnam War. Now that was Clinton. If it happens today, I have no clue what GWB would do.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28cfe55a-f4a7-11d9-9dd1-00000e2511c8.html

seems the USG might want to do some serious rethink on how it handles international affairs. It's over aggressive nature/stance has dissed the world off and it seems like some nations are not going to put up with it .

How tragic to see this get this far out of control.

Right...because if China decides to storm Taiwan, America should sit idly by and just let it happen.

I think China should learn to keep her big mouth shut and not attack Taiwan or even think about it. Of coarse you wouldn't see it that way; you turn it into an Anti-American stance, because it seems you don't know anything else.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

I think not said:
no1important said:

China test fired missiles in 1996. The U.S. responded by sending warships to the straits, in what would become the largest show of naval force since the Vietnam War. Now that was Clinton. If it happens today, I have no clue what GWB would do.

In defense of freedom and friends I think American and other allies would respond.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Yeah but is "W" that stupid to risk starting a potential nuclear war, which nobody would win.

How many allies does America have that would be willing to help Taiwan?

China has 'home field advantage" and if there was a ground war, China has strenghts in numbers. We all see how bad Americas ground capabilities are in Iraq & Afghanistan. America would have advantage at air and maybe in the sea, but not on the ground in Taiwan.

Does the US even have spare troops to fight China? They would need to bring back the draft.

Would the US public tolerate massive death's of U.S. soldiers,sailers, airmen or marines?

You must remember China has the capability to fight back unlike Afghanistan or Iraq and if their was a war, China could kill many US servicemen on day one as there has been killed combined in Iraq/Afghanistan so far.

America may win in the long run but it would be at a high cost and would be the biggest death toll of American servicemen since world war 2. If not the end of the planet as we know it.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Taiwan has friends, and the better part of Europe and probably Russia would get involved.

"America may win in the long run but it would be at a high cost and would be the biggest death toll of American servicemen since world war 2. If not the end of the planet as we know it."

Can you imagine how many dead Chinese soldiers there would be?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
Well in that case we should let China take over Taiwan. Like the Soviet Union swallowed up a bunch of countries.

Exactly....we should sit on our asses while the imperial forces of death and destruction take over the world.....

Long live freedom!!

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Jay said:
I think not said:
Well in that case we should let China take over Taiwan. Like the Soviet Union swallowed up a bunch of countries.

Exactly....we should sit on our asses while the imperial forces of death and destruction take over the world.....

Long live freedom!!

A war of attrition with China is inconceivable, and so one side or the other would have to use nukes...

Long live nuclear winter!!!

:roll:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Makes a strong case for a missile defense system….

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Actually it doesn't Jay. Even if star wars actually worked, it is not designed to protect against a country capable of sending several missiles at once. China also announced that they would be working on systems designed to defeat star wars about 10 seconds after George announced that he wa going ahead with it.

Oh come on, Blair - it's been like this since the first Ape-man figured out that caressing the side of another guys temple, with a 3 pound ROCK, got a little co-operation from him.... It will never change; that went out with Yasgar's farm. Wink

Fer Krysakes, have a child, while you still can - IT AIN'T GONNA GET ANY BETTER! That excuse, Sir, is stale - very stale. Rolling Eyes

Cave men didn't have nukes, old dude.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Did you happen to notice that the world is closer to nuclear war than at any times since the Cuban missile crisis? Did you happen to read or hear about the comments made by the Chinese about using the nuclear option on the US? Don’t you think this merits news coverage? Don’t you think that the policies of the US that have driven China to take this position should be examined? Should be worried about an administration that has made the US an enemy to so many?

Don’t you think that the TV news networks can find time during their 24/7 broadcast day to let the people of this nation know what the lunatics who run the country are doing to our once great nation and to the world? Think about it! –

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now