Bush Bullying

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
The newspaper quoted an unidentified Canadian official who was in the room as saying Bush waved off attempts to explain how contentious the issue is for Martin's minority government.

"(Bush) leaned across the table and said: 'I'm not taking this position, but some future president is going to say, Why are we paying to defend Canada?'," the official was quoted as saying.

I first heard about this on CBC Sunday Night. Couldn't find any mention of it in any of the papers yesterday until I was scanning around this morning.

source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050124.wlibs0124/BNStory/Front/

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
The newspaper quoted an unidentified Canadian official who was in the room as saying Bush waved off attempts to explain how contentious the issue is for Martin's minority government.

"(Bush) leaned across the table and said: 'I'm not taking this position, but some future president is going to say, Why are we paying to defend Canada?'," the official was quoted as saying.

I first heard about this on CBC Sunday Night. Couldn't find any mention of it in any of the papers yesterday until I was scanning around this morning.

source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050124.wlibs0124/BNStory/Front/

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I heard the same thing on the CBC yesterday, I don't see why anyone would be surprised, this the the way the guy talks, everything is the alamo to him. He is just like the loud mouth fishermen, always bragging, always has the most expensive tackle, and biggest boat. In the end tho, they never know anything about the river or the ocean and its inhabitants, they never have a real connection to anything, except money.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I heard the same thing on the CBC yesterday, I don't see why anyone would be surprised, this the the way the guy talks, everything is the alamo to him. He is just like the loud mouth fishermen, always bragging, always has the most expensive tackle, and biggest boat. In the end tho, they never know anything about the river or the ocean and its inhabitants, they never have a real connection to anything, except money.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I have a sneaky suspicion that we are gonna sign on to something. The economy is shrinking and everytime that happens we usually spend more on the military.

Don't forget .... Martin needs to borrow some big bucks from the New York banks by end of fiscal year. (March 31st)

Once Martin and The Boys gave Bush all our personal information and thus told the Americans where we all lived ..... and they got "smart" bombs already .... we probably need missle defense just to protect us from the American "smart" bombs and friendly fire.

For sure .... Bush has my address!

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I have a sneaky suspicion that we are gonna sign on to something. The economy is shrinking and everytime that happens we usually spend more on the military.

Don't forget .... Martin needs to borrow some big bucks from the New York banks by end of fiscal year. (March 31st)

Once Martin and The Boys gave Bush all our personal information and thus told the Americans where we all lived ..... and they got "smart" bombs already .... we probably need missle defense just to protect us from the American "smart" bombs and friendly fire.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Calm

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I heard that too on Newsworld. I would not be surprised if Bush said that but I saw at bottom of screen the Americans are denying that happened.

I really don't know what to think, either Martin agrees with it and waiting for right opportunity to support it or he is waiting for an opportunity to tell America no. I get mixed messages from Martin on this.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I heard that too on Newsworld. I would not be surprised if Bush said that but I saw at bottom of screen the Americans are denying that happened.

I really don't know what to think, either Martin agrees with it and waiting for right opportunity to support it or he is waiting for an opportunity to tell America no. I get mixed messages from Martin on this.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca